Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Oasis of Fear
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th November 2008, 06:15 PM
Cultist

Indeed - it's a trouser-flapping scene to be sure...

Kev W
Old 11th November 2008, 04:03 AM
Cultist in Training

For what its worth.....

I have reviews Oasis Of Fear here (plus Play,Amazon,Ciao,etc..etc.)
Old 11th November 2008, 11:24 AM
Cultist

If you thought that the fact-track on Oasis of Fear was too much, wait 'til you get a load o' Baba Yaga...
Old 11th November 2008, 01:04 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

The commentary track is something that's getting refined though as we all go along - it's not a common format so between us all I think it'll keep getting better and I think Watch Me When I Kill and Baba Yaga are proof of that - certainly can't grumble about value from the Wilson Bros though!
Old 11th November 2008, 01:25 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

From sghawken's review

Quote:
...as a result it's impossible to enjoy the movie and the facts together
Wouldn't the fact track be best accessed after watching the film for the first time? That way you'd have already enjoyed the film itself and can concentrate on taking in the fact track without being annoyed about it spoiling the film.
Old 11th November 2008, 05:10 PM
Cultist in Training

To an level I agree, my point being is that with the one on Designated Victim, you could do both watch and enjoy the movie and the track, not everybody wants too watch the same movie twice in close succession, yet in order to make the most of the special feature they might have to.

Its not a slagging off I just found it a bit busy, but hey each to there own. From my perspective having to watch dozens of movies a week it's something i'd never have the time to do, and its the sort of observation I get paid to make!
Old 11th November 2008, 08:30 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Well all useful feedback I think - if we're going to spend (a very tiny amount!) of money on extras we should get them right and my gut feeling is we have something good here but it'll develop and I think the next two tracks are great so let's see how they go down!
Old 12th November 2008, 05:13 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

As I think(!) I have said before, I am extremely privileged to be able to see films like The Frightened Woman, Ratman(!) or The Designated Victim. Extras, while fascinating and extra value, are not essential.

The films themselves are the real lifeblood of Shameless
Old 25th November 2008, 09:17 PM
Cultist

Send a message via AIM to snipsmovies Send a message via MSN to snipsmovies Send a message via Yahoo to snipsmovies

So I took everyones advice and pre-ordered from Amazon after being kept waiting by play.com for the last few Shameless titles - and I'm happy to say it arrived first thing Monday morning, day of release.

Before I watched it I made the mistake of reading the slightly unjustified crappy review on DVDTimes today, and although I paid little attention to it - it did go some way to lowering my expectations of the movie.

After viewing it this evening I must admit I'm absolutely stoked by the movie. I thought it was great - and definitely goes straight into my Shameless top 5. I think this must be one of the best roles Ray Lovelock has played, he really embodied this character fantastically.

As for the so called quality of the picture that DVDTimes seemed to be obsessed with - I thought it was great. The subtitled parts segway seamlessly into the film without any lapse in quality or flow in my opinion and I do feel that the DVDTimes review was critical beyond belief. In fact I think its the first review on that site in years that I'm completely in disagreement with - normally they are so accurate.

Anyhow - no one was posting their opinions on this beaut so I figured I'd go first while I stick it on again and take a geeky look at the fact track !!!
Old 26th November 2008, 02:09 PM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

Great disc. As for the fact track things. I'm not too sure about them, but I don't really bother with audio commentaries anyway. It seems to me that these things can just be stuck on as a written text extra over a few pages, as with other DVD's and I would probaly therefore read them, as oppossed to sitting through the film again just to read a few bits of trivia etc. Nice idea, but not something that is floating my boat personally.

By the way, am now up to date with all the Shameless titles and they look cracking together!!!

Like this? Share it using the links below!