Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Oasis of Fear
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th February 2009, 12:56 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

You know the idea was to have Shameless as a label of discovery where people would take the plunge and try out films they might otherwise never watch. Never knew if it would work but that's very cool Dougal you took the plunge and got something out of it - a tune that will drive you nuts!
Old 5th February 2009, 02:04 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless View Post
You know the idea was to have Shameless as a label of discovery where people would take the plunge and try out films they might otherwise never watch. Never knew if it would work but that's very cool Dougal you took the plunge and got something out of it - a tune that will drive you nuts!
I'm looking forward to watching it again with the fact track - I'm interested to find out more about it all.

Keeping up my penchant for retrospectively suggesting potential extras...

Possibly prohibatively expensive but for a film with such an interesting score the inclusion of the soundtrack album as digital files would make excellent bonus content.

I'm assuming though that the music rights are generally held separately to the film rights so you'd have to shell out twice and then there's the complexities of royalties etc. It's a shame because the music from this film will probably sit in the vaults of some distributor for decades without gathering a penny of income and yet it's prohibatively expensive for anyone to actually do anything with it.

"I'm saving your soul you ungrateful bitch!"
Night of the Demon
Old 6th February 2009, 11:44 AM
Active Cultist

Want to contribute and say this is a great release, thank you Shameless! More of this please.

My one (minor) criticism would be that I would have prefered it to have been released/more commonly referred to as the (in my opinion) more appropriate title of 'Dirty Pictures'. The reversible cover though helps me through this difficult issue! hehe

The rest is brilliant though... more please!
Old 7th February 2009, 07:16 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

OOF (!) is a forgotten classic restored to greatness by the Shameless crew

Check out the fact track dougal, you won't be disappointed
Old 10th February 2009, 07:34 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiren View Post
Want to contribute and say this is a great release, thank you Shameless! More of this please.

My one (minor) criticism would be that I would have prefered it to have been released/more commonly referred to as the (in my opinion) more appropriate title of 'Dirty Pictures'. The reversible cover though helps me through this difficult issue! hehe

The rest is brilliant though... more please!
The Dirty Pictures side of the cover might have boosted sales Almar....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 10th February 2009, 08:01 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Maybe the title might have but the image is not likely to get many pulses racing!
Old 10th February 2009, 08:19 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Nah,probably right.The Union Jack ahem,stance is probably more noticeable...

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 14th February 2009, 04:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I just reviewed this, post 320:

http://www.shameless-films.com/forum...2030#post22030

Neat flick for a winterly day!

Strangely enough, I came across an entry in the German ofdb listing the "Shameless" disc as cut due to some bits supposedly missing in the UK and Italian release, but apparently present in the German VHS and some French Pay TV screening, including a snippet of a scene between Irene Pappas and Ornella Muti, showing Irene touching Ornella's breast, hence Ornella's sudden aggressive turn when she's pushing Irene away.

http://www.ofdb.de/view.php?page=fas...069&vid=258134

Nevertheless, I liked the presentation and the movie, though it's not exactely close to my "Shameless" Top 3, which would be currently "Flavia", "Night Train Murders" and "Strip Nude for your Killer".
Old 1st March 2009, 03:33 PM
Cultist

Found out about Oasis of Fear from a review in DVD & Blu-ray Review magazine (they gave it 2 out of 5 stars). Following that I saw it in my local HMV in the horror section. They were charging £15.99 for it. However I've just looked on Play.com and they've got it, with a price of £7.99. I've also searched for the film on dvdcompare.net. It's on there but the explanation about which version is better is very confusing. I couldn't understand it.

Last edited by WaveCrest; 1st March 2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Needed editing.
Old 2nd March 2009, 10:41 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

In a nutshell (!) Wavecrest

The Italian and Shameless DVD's are the same version with the exception of 1 extra scene in the Shameless release.

The original English dubbed edit version of the film (currently unavailable on DVD so I don't know why they are discussing it on DVDCompare!) does not have some scenes that are currently in the Italian and Shameless releases BUT it does have it's own footage that is not available in the Italian or Shameless DVD's

Any clearer?

Like this? Share it using the links below!