Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Officers (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=239)
-   -   Meg Jackson / Morris (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/officers/4682-meg-jackson-morris.html)

DJPaulBee 16th February 2011 05:10 PM

Meg Jackson / Morris

What can we say about poor Meg - heartbroken from the sudden demise of Bill, the 'marriage vs. career' story, the haircuts, Marty going, Marty coming back, seeing Wentworth from both sides...

For me, Meg was and is my favourite officer :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th February 2011 06:18 PM

Was she not in the aussie film THE PLUMBER?

Scott@OnTheInside 16th February 2011 07:14 PM

Awww Saint Meg, bless her. She did appear to have been one of the most unluckiest people in the world at times though - attacked, raped, kidnapped, imprisoned... I'm surprised she didn't go completely crazy by the final episode.

I love the comments on her hair-do though. She went from a Legoesque style in the early days to a fabulous 80s style blow wave towards the final eps!! Great stuff!!

Prisoner00001 16th February 2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 128671)
Was she not in the aussie film THE PLUMBER?

Meg Morris in a film?? I don't think so.....unless she made some home movies with Bob :shocked:! Elspeth (the actress) maybe, but not in The Plumber. Candy Raymond who played Sandra Hamilton (and was so fabulously botch-slapped by Erica Davidson) appeared in that film though.

:)

mr 420 17th February 2011 03:25 PM

There is a brilliant clip (in the clips section funnily enough!) in which Joan Ferguson is given halluicgenins and 'sees' a gold faced Meg who looms over her passing sentence like a judge. Not the usual way we are used to seeing her, that's for sure!

Vinegarfreak 16th March 2011 02:11 PM

Favourite Meg moment is when she was hypnotised and slapped Reb Keane and kept agreeing with Joan! Anyone else think that Meg was totally underused in the final episodes of the series though?

alanlsut 16th March 2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinegarfreak (Post 136031)
Favourite Meg moment is when she was hypnotised and slapped Reb Keane and kept agreeing with Joan! Anyone else think that Meg was totally underused in the final episodes of the series though?

Me too, Reb didn't expect that one....:rockon:

ScottishMermaid 26th August 2012 06:18 PM

can't stand Meg.

jamie_leigh44 16th November 2012 12:36 PM

I have just finished volume 16 (UK boxsets) and could Meg have gone through any more drama? every single problem that COULD happen to her DID happen to her, and that low pitched moaning she's always doing, whats with that?? i understand that they like to flesh out a character, but it verges on stupidity with Meg... anything that happens to the women, Meg has to get involved with, whether its being hypnotized, bashed, poisoned or bitten by a snake, she's always lurking there. how many times has she been knocked unconscious with some object upside the head? she'd be suffering permanent brain damage by now... :loco:

She was bad as an officer, WORSE as a Social worker (especially after all her preaching to Jean Vernon) and even WORST as a prisoner! and i still maintain that what she does to Joan is like classroom bullying, no wonder Joan cant stand her! - and anytime Joan tries to be compassionate, Meg launches at her with her self righteous, obnoxious attitude...

Meg would make number 1 on my hated list if it wasn't for the time she was hypnotized - lol, then she was fun and that just about saves her.... - sometimes there were worse characters like mother Vivian for example but at least she was short lived (not short enough i could argue) but 692 episodes of Meg is more than enough to drive me :crazy: (and I'm only on ep 512)

this is all just my opinion tho, i know lots of people think she's the fabulous! each to their own! :nod:

JL

arabiansergei 18th November 2012 03:17 PM

My ages (mid 30s) means I first saw Elspeth playing Cathy Alessi in Neighbours. In my head she's still very typecast in her Neighbours role. I got through the first 400 episodes last year and now restarting before hopefully going further this time. I still think of her as Rick Alessi's mum...

Great character nonetheless and a real survivor in the series. Yet another very adaptable actor and I think if she'd been in the US or the UK we would have seen and known her from many more roles. Sadly she worked in a very small market and was very typecast.