Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Lags & Screws Of Wentworth > The Officers

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th March 2012, 05:14 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Erica Davidson

Erica Davidson

What a character! Featuring in well over 350+ episodes, Davidson was one of the strongest characters in the show; a powerful, yet fair governor. But what are her greatest moments? Do you even like her?!

Share your thoughts here.

I've written up a little blog if you want a quick read - “May I Remind You”: A Tribute To Erica Davidson
olneyelizabeth likes this.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:20 PM
Cultist in Training

I think Erica has to be one of my most favourite characters for the earlier years of Prisoner. In episode 1, she appears as a very stern, no-nonsense governor, and by the time she leaves, we've seen so many dimensions (including her OTT walk) to the right honourable Mrs Davidson.

As Kyle has said, she was a very powerful character and her storylines really suited her - such as her niece Barbara turning at Wentworth as a inmate, her injury after being shot during the Dominguez woman's attempted escape, the death of her mother and the Linda Golman kidnap - together with the seemingly endless confrontations with Vera Bennett and Ted Douglas - they're all brilliant in their own way, and indeed superbly acted by Patsy King.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 8th March 2012, 12:53 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisonerjohn View Post
I think Erica has to be one of my most favourite characters for the earlier years of Prisoner. In episode 1, she appears as a very stern, no-nonsense governor, and by the time she leaves, we've seen so many dimensions (including her OTT walk) to the right honourable Mrs Davidson.

As Kyle has said, she was a very powerful character and her storylines really suited her - such as her niece Barbara turning at Wentworth as a inmate, her injury after being shot during the Dominguez woman's attempted escape, the death of her mother and the Linda Golman kidnap - together with the seemingly endless confrontations with Vera Bennett and Ted Douglas - they're all brilliant in their own way, and indeed superbly acted by Patsy King.

Agreed! I always got the impression that she absolutly LOOVED the part (along with Joan). Davidson's a much better governor than Reynolds ever was imo.
Old 8th March 2012, 04:54 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Davidson's a much better governor than Reynolds ever was imo.
To be fair, on the whole, I think Ann was a slightly more interesting character - considering she was the one with the two children and more intimate relationships.
Old 8th March 2012, 05:43 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Davidson's a much better governor than Reynolds ever was imo.
Sacrilege Kyle! Talk like that will get you thrown out of South Park bud.
Old 9th March 2012, 01:16 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Sacrilege Kyle! Talk like that will get you thrown out of South Park bud.
I love Erica! She's just so cold and stern, it's great Mind you, her voice does annoy me sometimes.
Old 26th August 2012, 06:09 PM
Cultist

Ann may have children....but one of them was highly annoying. lol.

Get me that Meemo, that will be all!
Old 18th November 2012, 04:05 PM
Cult Rookie

Erica is one of my favourite characters ever. Incomparable to Ann IMO.

Ann seemed too serious and seemed very career driven. There's nothing wrong with that at all.

In contrast Erica was a lady dropped into a difficult job with people (prisoners and officers) she had nothing in common with but she got along just fine. That juxtaposition was very interesting/entertaining IMO.
Old 19th November 2012, 01:20 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabiansergei View Post
Erica is one of my favourite characters ever. Incomparable to Ann IMO.

Ann seemed too serious and seemed very career driven. There's nothing wrong with that at all.
but we saw Ann's human side on loads of occasions and turned down a higher up job - in fact she showed more human sides than Erica
Old 20th November 2012, 07:08 PM
Cultist

I love both of them. Erica was hilarious...I loved how she walked with major attitude...when she was on a mission she made it obvious in her walk, LOL. She cared a lot for the women but her one character flaw was the amount of time she had for Doreeeeen! WHY? LOL.

Like this? Share it using the links below!