Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Lags & Screws Of Wentworth > The Officers

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th November 2012, 07:16 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostus View Post
They would only be short stories, like 100 page paperbacks. I thought of other stories, like Joan being released and way down the track she comes across Shane as an adult, and Lorelei also. Pixie after she is released from Ingleside, Judy after she stops touring with her gal pal singing that horrible `Pixie`s song` and has one more run in with Jock. Stuff like that. Trouble is I dont have the patients to write a book, so I guess it stays in my head.
I love the idea of fan fiction (but I also lack the patience, and skill, to write good stories). I am not comfortable with the idea of Vinegar doing something illegal - she only ever came close to breaking rules when there was a man involved and I think the whole Terry thing would have been the last straw for bitter old Vera, leaving her a spinster for the rest of her days. She always came across as someone who would always follow the rules/law, albeit just to spite others instead of thinking it was the right thing to do.

The scenarios in which Joan comes into contact with Shane again are an interesting proposition.

Maybe Joan could still be in prison, years later, and risen to the ranks of top dog (a Marie Winter / Lou Kelly / Sonia Stevens style topdog, not a good one like Bea / Myra / Rita) when she gets transferred back to a prison in Victoria where it turns out Shane was the Governer or a senior officer.

Or maybe, Joan gets released after many years inside, has mellowed a little but still with the potential to turn nasty, and Shane had kept in touch and remained close to her. Even though she was locked up in another state, they have kept the mother-son type bond between them. Then, when Joan gets released and moves close to Shane again - maybe Shane could be engaged to some great lass that Joan gets on quite well with too but when she meets the girl's parents on the eve of the wedding, the girl's mother could turn out to be an ex-Wentworth inmate. Not sure who that could be - it would have to be someone who would remember Joan - ooh, maybe it could be Chrissie Latham.

Like this? Share it using the links below!