Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Lags & Screws Of Wentworth > The Officers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Phantom_Lagger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th March 2011, 11:32 AM
Cult Addict

Default The Minister, Mr James Dwyer.

The uber screw, the main man, the big boss. Call him what you will, but nobody stepped on the Minister's shoes. On the outside he was gentleman defined, smooth-talking while giving an air of 'I'm on the prisoner's side and I'm here to make sure they get proper treatment', but on the inside he was as black as Joan with an even bigger hunger for power. Nobody messed with Dwyer and got away with it!
Old 4th July 2011, 09:45 AM
Cultist in Training

In real life, James Condon was married to Anne Haddy who played Alice Hemmings (until her death).
Old 4th July 2011, 11:19 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisonerjohn View Post
In real life, James Condon was married to Anne Haddy who played Alice Hemmings (until her death).
Yeah, I've mentioned that somewhere else in one of the threads. I couldn't believe it when watching Neighbours one day when he popped up and ended up marrying Anne Haddy (again!) who was playing Helen Daniels. thinking about it, I wonder if it's the only time a real-life married couple has played two people who meet and get married on two different TV shows?
Old 4th July 2011, 06:15 PM
Cultist

do we think it is realistic that an actual minister would have such involvement with one prison? I am not so sure myself but it did give us some great scenes..like when Lori lied saying Ann told her to say she was raped etc etc
Old 29th July 2011, 08:49 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Yeah, I've mentioned that somewhere else in one of the threads. I couldn't believe it when watching Neighbours one day when he popped up and ended up marrying Anne Haddy (again!) who was playing Helen Daniels. thinking about it, I wonder if it's the only time a real-life married couple has played two people who meet and get married on two different TV shows?
Bit of Trivia - a few years before that he was also in Neighbours as Douglas Blake, a con-man who stole diamonds from Helen. Madge helped her catch him.
mr 420 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!