Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Officers (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=239)
-   -   David Bridges (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/officers/4998-david-bridges.html)

alanlsut 16th March 2011 02:34 PM

David Bridges

We have had bad screws in Wentworth, David Bridges was one of the best gripping storylines for me... Randi Goodloves body on top of the boiler, I certainly did not expect that... In fact when the storyline was over I don't think they ever mentioned her body being discovered.. a bit of a blooper there I think.

mr 420 17th March 2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanlsut (Post 136023)
We have had bad screws in Wentworth, David Bridges was one of the best gripping storylines for me... Randi Goodloves body on top of the boiler, I certainly did not expect that... In fact when the storyline was over I don't think they ever mentioned her body being discovered.. a bit of a blooper there I think.

Whenabouts in the series did he appear?

alanlsut 18th March 2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 136302)
Whenabouts in the series did he appear?

Transferred from Woodridge (ep408) , he was only in it for a few... murdered by Cass Parker (ep417). I read somewhere that they designed a head prop for his beheading but decided not to use it...too gruesome for TV i guess!

mr 420 18th March 2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanlsut (Post 136561)
Transferred from Woodridge (ep408) , he was only in it for a few... murdered by Cass Parker (ep417). I read somewhere that they designed a head prop for his beheading but decided not to use it...too gruesome for TV i guess!

I see where you are coming from now. There is the scene of Bridges getting decapitated in the clips section.;)

Wilf 22nd March 2011 01:57 AM

My two favourite Blocky cliffhangers both involve David Bridges.

Runner up is 414, where he pretends to search the boiler room, and the camera pans upwards...

All time favourite, though, is two episodes later, where Lizzie makes a horrific discovery by the shed...

Classic moments, both.

Always thought it was a shame that Bridges appeared when there were so many good characters in the series. Now if he'd have shown up about 140-odd episodes later, he could have bumped off Jenny and Daphne instead of a barely-seen extra and a never-seen extra. I'm sure it would have improved his popularity no end!

mr 420 22nd March 2011 12:13 PM

I've been doing some reading up on Mr Bridges as I don't really remember him from the show as he was only in it for ten episodes, but he seems to be basically a homicidal maniac! After reading up on him I cant wait until his episodes come around, as they sound too good to be true.

Gold6082 9th April 2011 06:36 AM

I loved the David Bridges episodes,however his stay was too short.

I also found that the finale ep 416.417 was rather odd why did bridges take cass to the shed,she was meant to be getting help for lizzie.

I found the randi goodlove body on the boiler scene quite shocking in 414 I was just 12 when I saw that episode on ITV,not so scared when I watch the DVDS now though.

I still also cannot believe that Colleen Powell was naive enough to think good ol david was just being helpful in searching the boiler room,no one is that good to be true,helpful and perfect.

Scott@OnTheInside 14th April 2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold6082 (Post 141693)
I found the randi goodlove body on the boiler scene quite shocking in 414 I was just 12 when I saw that episode on ITV,not so scared when I watch the DVDS now though.

Wow me too, I was probably in my early teens when I first saw that scene. The sight of her bloody body really did send shivers down my spine!

ScottishMermaid 21st November 2012 12:22 PM

David Bridges did not murder Cass Parker. ;)

He was one bad guy I wasn't fond of. It was a bit of a silly story-line as far as I was concerned. Mind you, silly story-lines are part of the PCBH charm, lol.

jamie_leigh44 22nd November 2012 06:30 PM

No one says he murdered Cass, Mermaid... :dance: murdered BY Cass :nod:

lol, anyway, i felt the whole David Bridges storyline was really rushed, all the episodes he featured in seemed to be pushed through very quickly, - he felt almost like a second Neil Murray...

i definitely think he should have killed off a couple of more important prisoners, that's why no one really remembers him, - I've said it before, but i think he really should have killed Lizzie... or at least Minnie - I'd have welcomed that at the time. If he'd killed Lizzie birdsworth he'd have always been remembered as the screw who killed Lizzie... notorious! as it is, casual viewers don't tend to recollect him much.

Jock got to kill Sharon Gilmour, who'd been in it for a while, that was very well done in my opinion! i did miss Sharon when she'd gone tho - but that's what made Jock more memorable, because he'd taken something away from the viewer... i guess most people remember Nola killing Paddy too - but that's not all Jock or Nola did mind you, but David Bridges seemed to do little else but kill Randi and a couple extras making little impact.

JL