Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Lags & Screws Of Wentworth > The Officers

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th December 2011, 02:46 PM
Cult Rookie

Oh I'm so sad now - I'm on about episode 222 so nearly at the end of Vera's reign. *sob* Is she out for good then or does she make the odd cameo role?
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 16th December 2011, 05:43 PM
Cult Rookie

Barring the occasional flashback, 224 is the last we see of Vera.

She does get namechecked on many occasions, though!
Old 23rd January 2012, 06:00 AM
Cult Rookie

I was devastated when I realized Vera had been written out of the series as Gov of Barnhurst. Colleen Powell took over immediately as the resident bitch screw but she just can't hold a candle to Vera. No-one can do that twisted smile of sadistic pleasure the same as ole Vinegar!
I was always amazed whenever they showed Vera out on the town with her hair down, she was almost pretty! Such funky late 70s flicked hair
My favourite thing about her was her constant exclamations about how the prison was being run too leniently, things like "This is a prison not a holiday camp!" or " This place is getting more like a hearts and flowers club every day!"
lmao what's a hearts and flowers club?
Old 26th August 2012, 06:11 PM
Cultist

I don't think she got her 'vinegar tits' nickname in episode 1, I think it was a couple later than that. Still, not meaning to be pedantic or anything, lol.
Old 29th August 2012, 10:18 PM
Cult Rookie

Hate to contradict you, Mermaid, but it really was in episode 1. Franky told her what her nickname was whilst she was in solitary for demolishing the rec room; she gave Bea the credit for it to get her into trouble (though we never find out who really thought it up).
Old 4th September 2012, 12:26 AM
Cultist

Yes, you're right...my apologies. I just started watching from scratch again but the first episode was incomplete and I missed many scenes, including that one...I had thought it was the first episode too then thought I was wrong after watching it again....I then realised half of it was missing!
Old 18th November 2012, 04:44 PM
Cult Rookie

Vera is one of my favourite characters especially watching from the start and seeing the personal issues she goes through. A much more interesting character than Powell (who I can't really believe) and Fergusson (where things go too far to be plausible IMO). Such a pity she didn't get more episodes. One of the finest prisoner characters ever.
Cat likes this.
Old 19th November 2012, 10:10 AM
Cult Rookie

I totally agree with arabansergei, Vera was a well developed character with some depth. Powell was one dimensional and even when they tried to explore her character like when her daughter was abducted and raped she remained an unsympathetic character for me. Long live Vinegar Tits!
Old 20th November 2012, 07:05 PM
Cultist

I definitely agree that Vera was ace...in fact, she is my all time favourite character...but to say Powell was one dimensional? I don't understand why you would think that. I thought she was superb.
Old 21st November 2012, 12:04 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishMermaid View Post
I definitely agree that Vera was ace...in fact, she is my all time favourite character...but to say Powell was one dimensional? I don't understand why you would think that. I thought she was superb.
It's my opinion Scottishmermaid, don't believe I need to justify myself to you.

Like this? Share it using the links below!