Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Lags & Screws Of Wentworth > The Officers

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th February 2011, 11:04 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Mrs. Colleen Powell

For some reason my favourite Prisoner officer was Mrs. Powell. She was quite a minor character to begin with but her role grew as the series progressed. I thought that she was very realistic and I liked the ways she interacted with the other officers and the inmates. Her last episode was interesting as I was not sure whether or not she would make it out alive. Thankfully she did. I was delighted to learn that Judith mcGrath has been very busy indeed since she left the series. I would very much like to see an interview with her on one of the DVDs. For me the show was never quite the same after she left.
Old 21st February 2011, 10:44 AM
Cult Addict

I had to look up google images to remind myself just who you ment there. Did she have any major plotlines? I remember her being in the background, but not much else.
Old 21st February 2011, 11:29 AM
Cult Rookie

Thanks for posting. I am amazed that you had to remind yourself about 'Po Faced' Powell. She was the Deputy Governor for quite a while! There were lots of storylines in the show with her in it. It was terribly sad the way she left the show. She will shortly become a major character in the DVD releases. It just shows you that different people remember and like different characters. Which were your most memorable characters then Mr. 420?
Old 21st February 2011, 11:33 AM
Cult Addict

Ha ha! I could not even remember that! Just shows you how long it's been since I saw the whole series.

Last edited by mr 420; 21st February 2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 21st February 2011, 11:40 AM
Cult Rookie

I haven't actually seen the whole series. I started watching when Kate Peterson was in it so I've not seen the early part of the show. Then my region - Border missed a whole chunk out when they became linked to Granada. While I continued watching the show up until that stunning final episode for me these earlier episodes were better. But then often with a TV series it is the episodes you first see that you often prefer.....
Old 21st February 2011, 11:48 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Yes Colleen was in the background for what seemed like ages and then started to emerge as a very good character and as you say IanKMcL into a very realistic one because she had her kinder moments but also could lash out, get jealous and had a good line in disparaging humour!
Old 28th February 2011, 09:34 AM
Cult Rookie

Colleen was brilliant. I liked her the best when she was a major character and they settled her down into the 'firm but fair' Officer. Her sarcastic one liners were fantastic.
Old 25th June 2011, 11:19 PM
Cult Rookie

actually coleen is my fav charachter a think her personality appeals to me with her dry sense of humour and one liners,she wasnt a very nice person to begin with but as her charachter developed she was a really good screw x
Old 26th August 2012, 06:17 PM
Cultist

I also really liked Powell. To start with, as a background character I kept wishing she would have a more prominent role because I just saw something in her. I was very pleased when later on, she did indeed become a leading character. She had some good story lines and although I hated how they turned her into a bitch after vinegar left, I loved how she mellowed into the firm yet fair officer she was.
Old 16th November 2012, 01:20 PM
Cultist

I had a lot of love for Powell, a really good character, who was one of the best developed over the years i think. they gave her quite a lot of minor storylines which expanded on her life outside the prison which was great, i wasn't sad when she left tho, i think it was the perfect time for her to go, would have been good to see a guest appearance tho. - and at least she had a happy goodbye.

JL
ScottishMermaid likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!