Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Lags & Screws Of Wentworth > The Officers

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th November 2012, 07:43 PM
Cultist

I'm certainly team Erica, but Ann's OK too.

Erica carried herself a bit differently than Ann, and seemed to be taken more seriously, Ann seems rather ineffectual at the moment in in (528) she just sits behind her desk looking exasperated most of the time... Erica also spent a lot of her time arguing with the department, Ann just seems to complain about them... nope, Erica all the way!

JL
Old 20th November 2012, 07:53 PM
Cultist

I love Erica when she has a score to settle...lol. So passionate about her causes....especially when licking a stamp...LOL!
jamie_leigh44 likes this.
Old 6th January 2013, 09:56 AM
Cult Rookie

I liked Erica a lot, and thought I would really miss her when she left, but I really liked Ann too, I would find it difficult to choose my favorite.
Old 8th January 2013, 12:31 AM
Cultist

Same here. Both are very good characters. They're just too different really for me to compare but I think Ann is my favourite overall. But then I see Erica in all her glory and I am like wow....this is one passionate and fiery force to be reckoned with! LOL. Great theatrical character I think. Ann is warm and loving and very sweet....I love how she is with Pixie Mason and how soft spoken she is - which is odd because I loved the exact opposite in Erica, LOL.
Old 8th January 2013, 06:26 PM
Cultist

Erica was both sensitive and assertive, sometimes to the same character... like Vera, Erica would be sympathetic and nice to Vera in one scene and angry and forceful in the next! which was why she was so brilliant.

I feel that Erica's character wasn't developed as much as it could have been... apart from being kidnapped, hearing she had a brother who'd died and having that 1920s romance with the factory boss, she was practically chained behind that governors desk! Anne has had the opportunity to continue her character through health situations, love interests, family drama and Mob brutality, it's a shame that Erica didn't get to do as much, and the end of her original run left her looking like quite a weak character.

when Meg and Anne were tied up in that factory, there was quite a real threat (and slight hope from me that the rats would eat Meg). Even when Erica has a gun in her face during the kidnapping, she continues to be confident and launches into daring escapes. the two situations are of course very different, but Anne seems to have been given a lot more to play with and develop her character.

I do love them both (I'm now on ep 568) but while i do love Anne, I'm an Erica supporter all the way, love the determination, slight aggression and excessive use of slamming a phone down! and that hair / suit combinations of a power woman! iconic, classic, masterpiece (til the hair was cut off during the kidnapping of course!)

JL
ScottishMermaid likes this.
Old 9th January 2013, 11:06 PM
Cultist

LOL...I just cannot think about Erica without having a giggle at how ace she is, LOL!! A tough yet classy lady LOL.
Old 26th February 2013, 03:18 AM
Cult Rookie

Default There's More to Erica Davidson?

I enjoy the different great talent on the show.

This show dealt with topics that many other shows stayed away from during that time period.

I will comment on one character that is Erica Davidson (played by Patsy King).

I agree her character could had been more develop given the chance.

I always thought the Erica could had been easily portrayed as bi-sexual. Obviously Erica being proper, classy, well educated as well a hard working career woman. She would never acted upon those hidden desires.

I just wonder if other fans of the show thought the same thing about the character Erica Davidson.
Old 8th March 2013, 04:01 AM
Cult Rookie

Erica was a good governer, one must wonder while Ted Douglas thought she wasn't. Ann was a good replacement, but Erica would always make the fairer decisions, but Erica when completely out-of-character in 83 when she just left the show without the slightest hint beforehand, not that she got the 'sack' by Douglas, but her being a 'fight to what you believe in', she didn't even try to fight back her job. (And it also looked like she left all her belonging in the office).

Her guest appearances were a bad taste, I can't the stand what she has done to her hair, it looked like she had seen a ghost since her 'sacking'. But nice to see her even if it was only twice.
Old 15th March 2013, 11:49 PM
Cultist

I agree with you steak, it's like they just changed her character for leaving the show, which was sad. Ideally, I would have liked to have seen her return as she did but use her power as a regular character...it would have been nice to see how that could have developed.

Lucyill....I am just wondering why being bi-sexual may have added to the character of Erica Davidson? Definitely a lot more could have been done with her but I wonder why you'd think that? Interesting, lol.
Old 17th March 2013, 01:37 AM
Cult Rookie

In my opinion (the character) Erica Davidson has many layers to her.
I'm not saying my viewpoint about Erica being bi-sexual is the right way to go by all means. There was always something sad about Erica.

We know she was sent to a boarding school, she was well educated, it was revealed she was never close to her mother. She was married, divorced and had no children. She had a quick fling with a Mr. Reynolds. Erica said without her work she would not be happy. In a strange way, her children were the prisoners under her care.

No doubt Erica had strong leadership qualities. She made herself clear on different occasion that the sexual preference of a prisoner or a staff member was a private matter as long it didn't interfere with their work.

I'm saying it's not unusual for a women to marry have a child or more then later on she decides to leave her husband for a woman instead of a man. This happens when the wife realize something was missing in her life. She may had buried her true sexual feelings about herself or whatever other reason she had.

It is all speculation on my part. It's really no big deal. The actress Patsy King who played the role of Erica Davidson wanted out of the show and I may not have like it but it was her decision and I respect her for that.

I wonder how other folks would had written the character Erica Davidson out of the show to give the Erica Davidson a better send off?

Thank-you to all posters!
ScottishMermaid likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!