Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Lags & Screws Of Wentworth > The Officers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd July 2011, 09:14 PM
Cult Rookie

Default janet conway

loved this charachter played by kate shiel she was an ex prisoner and became an officer when she got caught up in the sandy edwards riot it changed her charachter a bit her relationship broke down with jim flethcher things werent going so good till she met ian marnie the print shop tutor and in the end she got her happy ending!
Old 3rd July 2011, 05:15 PM
Cult Rookie

I never really liked Janet after she went all bunny boiler with Jim, but glad you enjoyed the character and I like how she got a happy ending.......but for how long?
Old 4th July 2011, 06:36 PM
Cultist in Training

Probably one of the most short-lived officers. I can't help but think that a lot more could have been done with the character.
Old 9th July 2011, 12:31 AM
Cult Rookie

I wasnt keen on Janet. The way she fell for Mr Mahoney was a all a bit too rushed for my liking or maybe it was because I got through about 30 episodes in a week that made it feel so fast haha.
Old 26th August 2012, 06:19 PM
Cultist

I liked her but felt she was written out far too quickly.
Old 16th November 2012, 12:04 PM
Cultist

Janet was cool enough, but she failed to make that much of an impact in her short time. and i didn't like how she was consolation prize for the printing man when Meg wasn't interested. she did however help set up one of the funniest scenes when she encourages Doreen to draw... then it's up to Joyce to explain to Jim about that picture she's taking to the storeroom.... lol, oh Joyce!
Janet was fun while she was there but she wasn't really missed once she'd gone IMO.

JL
Old 20th November 2012, 05:55 PM
Cultist

Yes, she wasn't missed because there was not enough time for her character to develop properly. I just got past her episodes again and am actually missing her more this time round. I feel there was so much more room for her character to grow. I hated how she became psychotic over Jim, though! And yes, Mr Marnie went for Meg first....what's wrong with him? lol!
Old 20th November 2012, 05:58 PM
Cultist

Mmm, there was defo lots of room for her to grow, and her farewell felt extremely rushed, they had a lot of potential with her having been inside years before... they made a big deal of that but it came to absolutely nothing that i remember...

JL
Old 20th November 2012, 06:03 PM
Cultist

Aye, it was almost as if the writers had a last minute change of heart. One minute her story was evolving...the next, she's outta there!
Old 20th November 2012, 06:30 PM
Cultist

mmm, i'd quite like to know why she left, like was it her choice or was it the decision of the writers? often they have these staff clearouts, i know know why Sandy Edwards left, but many leave u wondering.

JL

Like this? Share it using the links below!