Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Official UK Prisoner CBH Fan Club (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Behind the Bars - The Prisoner Cell Block H Companion (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/official-uk-prisoner-cbh-fan-club/4661-behind-bars-prisoner-cell-block-h-companion.html)

Scott@OnTheInside 15th February 2011 06:27 PM

Behind the Bars - The Prisoner Cell Block H Companion

One of the projects apart from the DVD release that we're currently involved in is the writing of a brand new Prisoner book which should be out to buy towards the end of this year.

Writing is going well - both myself and co-authors Barry Cambell and Rob Cope are putting together an accurate account of the series from its initial creation right up to where we are today.

We're talking to cast and crew members from the series as well as the stage plays and musicals. We'd love to hear from you if you've got any hidden gems... mainly unseen photographs! The type of thing we're looking for is photographs taken at the time of filming during the 80s, pics of the actors, the set, anything Prisoner related will be considered!

If you have anything you'd like to share please drop us a line via the official website (link in my profile as it won't let me post the URL yet til I've made a few more posts).

Cheers
Scott at OTI

Phantom_Lagger 16th February 2011 10:21 PM

The other week I was talking to some Neighbours fans about prison scenes, when I suggested it's a shame they didn't just use the side of the building in Nunawading like they did in Prisoner.

Looking for pictorial evidence, I found a video on Youtube, which shows it quite clearly. It's from the 80's and if you look at the bottom of the screen about 1'47 you can also see the set that was for Holiday Island which later became Lassiters Complex in Neighbours. The wall above it is the one that we see so often in Prisoner.

OK, the site won't let me post liinks yet, but if you search youtube for yp7cEf0F9WA you will find (hopefully) find the correct video or search Channel 10 nunawading.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th February 2011 10:42 PM

Here you go, Phantom_Lagger:

:)

Phantom_Lagger 16th February 2011 10:52 PM

Thanks.

mr 420 17th February 2011 12:14 PM

Ha ha! Now that is interesting, I never knew that.

Cal2008 18th February 2011 12:23 PM

Will book be dear like £30?

Scott@OnTheInside 18th February 2011 07:17 PM

I'm not sure on the price just yet, this will be confirmed closer to the publishing date.

mr 420 19th February 2011 12:41 PM

Do you have a rough timeline for the release of the book Scott?

Scott@OnTheInside 19th February 2011 06:15 PM

I think we're hoping for a release towards the end of this year, November-ish :)

Scott@OnTheInside 20th February 2011 11:29 AM

Forgot to say, if anyone would like to join the mailing list at the publisher's website, just go to Welcome to Tomahawk Press and click on the Prisoner picture for details and their email address :)

mr 420 21st February 2011 11:02 AM

Cheers for that Scott!

JAMIOUSE 22nd February 2011 07:33 PM

I'm very excited about the book, can I suggest you incorparate as many pictures of the sets as possible and how many times the same sets were redressed or reused. We know the dining hall was the same set as the rec room but I'd love a bit more detail. Is there any chance of some info on cut scenes and things too?

Scott@OnTheInside 22nd February 2011 08:22 PM

We're in touch with crew members who worked behind the scenes and will be covering all aspects of the set design. We've also got some unseen content regarding the sets themselves so hopefully there will be some nice surprises for everyone reading :)

mr 420 23rd February 2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott@OnTheInside (Post 130377)
We're in touch with crew members who worked behind the scenes and will be covering all aspects of the set design. We've also got some unseen content regarding the sets themselves so hopefully there will be some nice surprises for everyone reading :)

Is that something along the lines of behind the scenes photographs?:pray:

Screwbaiter 24th February 2011 07:08 PM

I am loving the resurgence in Prisoner. I, for one, will be looking out for this book.
Dare weexpect a book with accurate captions? LOL LOL LOL Terry Burke, take note ;)

Scott@OnTheInside 27th February 2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Screwbaiter (Post 130858)
I am loving the resurgence in Prisoner. I, for one, will be looking out for this book.
Dare weexpect a book with accurate captions? LOL LOL LOL Terry Burke, take note ;)

Thanks, Screwbaiter! I can tell you we'll be double and triple checking every single word in the book before it goes to print! I'd hate people to associate us with those other poor attempts! LOL!

Top Dog 9th March 2011 05:08 PM

I am very excited about the release of this book. It's been 21 years since I last bought a book about Prisoner.

I am looking forward to some new interviews with the cast. Hopefully a interview with Carole Skinner who played Nola. I loved the interview that she did for the Wentworth Star magazine a number of years back. Is there going to be a interview with Sonja Tallis? I don't think I have ever seen a post Prisoner interview with her.

The Terry Bourke book was hilarious. I spent years thinking that Nora Flyn (Sonja Tallis) was going to have long Brown hair to then find out they had stuck in a picture of Jackie Woodburne (Julie Egbert) by mistake!:lol:

Scott@OnTheInside 15th March 2011 12:48 PM

We've got lots of interesting new material from cast members already - and crew, the people who are often forgotten about. We really hope there'll be something in there for everyone with a bit of luck!

We'd like to get as many of the cast/crew involved as possible so input from Sonja Tallis may well be on the cards!

We will hang our heads in shame if any of our picture captions are wrong!

Vinegarfreak 16th March 2011 03:24 PM

Can't wait for the book it's about time there was a decent companion to the show , would love to see an interview with Louise Le Nay who played Sandy Edwards and Judy McBurney who played Pixie. Whatever the content though anything has to be better than the previous attempts by people who clearly didnt watch the show

mr 420 21st March 2011 11:38 AM

Just had a look at the cover over on your site and I must say that it certainly is striking. It's like Joan is welcoming you into the cell. Nice touch.;):cool:

prisonerjohn 12th April 2011 08:11 PM

There may be a way of contacting Penny Downie's agent(s), if this is any help. I emphasise the word 'may'.

Penny Downie | United Agents

Scott@OnTheInside 14th April 2011 08:44 PM

Thanks for that, everything's worth a try and it would be great to have some input from her :)

ledzepfan24 10th January 2012 11:58 PM

When will the book be out? I'm hoping it's not a long wait like the boxset's were:(

Cal2008 11th January 2012 12:43 AM

Later this year.

thewaythingsare 12th February 2012 01:30 PM

I like how even now over 25 years since the show ended there is still new information coming out. I look forward to reading the book once it's released! :)

The~Governor 16th April 2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dog (Post 134228)
I am looking forward to some new interviews with the cast. Hopefully a interview with Carole Skinner who played Nola. I loved the interview that she did for the Wentworth Star magazine a number of years back.

Just a quick question but what is / was the Wentworth star magazine. Was it some sort of fanzine or an online publication and if it was a fanzine was it published in the UK or Australia. Alternatively, was it part of a Prisoner fan club?

Presumably, it's no longer in existence. I've not seen it in my local WH Smiths :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dog (Post 134228)
The Terry Bourke book was hilarious. I spent years thinking that Nora Flyn (Sonja Tallis) was going to have long Brown hair to then find out they had stuck in a picture of Jackie Woodburne (Julie Egbert) by mistake!:lol:

Oh yes, I bought that book. It has quite a few errors in it. :lol:

Robert 16th April 2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The~Governor (Post 232378)
Just a quick question but what is / was the Wentworth star magazine. Was it some sort of fanzine or an online publication and if it was a fanzine was it published in the UK or Australia. Alternatively, was it part of a Prisoner fan club?

Presumably, it's no longer in existence. I've not seen it in my local WH Smiths :lol:

Hey governor..call yourself the governor and not knowing this? just kidding

they were made in australia for the fan club there and official ..but only available through them and only a few made I think..they sometimes pop up on ebay every now and then..it was just a black and white magazine..I have about 3 of them