Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > Official UK Prisoner CBH Fan Club

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th February 2011, 06:30 PM
Cultist in Training

Wink Ultra rare reunion at 'Memorablia'!

For all of you who love attending MEMORABILIA in the hope of seeing some of your favourite cast members in the flesh, you will be delighted to hear that TWO former Prisoner cast members will be attending the popular exhibition next month, and would LOVE to say hello to all the loyal Prisoner fans!!

For one day only on SUNDAY 27th MARCH 2011, you will have the opportunity to come along and meet

GENEVIEVE LEMON ("Marlene Warren")

and

NIGEL BRADSHAW ("Dennis Cruickshank")

As many of you know, Genevieve is currently appearing in London's West End in the fantastic Musical BILLY ELLIOTT - but she will be available for one day only to meet her fans! PLUS - we are delighted to announce Nigel Bradshaw will be joining his very good friend Genevieve to reminisce about his time patrolling the corridors of Wentworth!!

We look forward to seeing you there!!

Search 'Google' for Memorabilia Birmingham for details
Old 15th February 2011, 06:36 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Hope you get a lot of people coming to say hello Scott. Sounds like it's going to be a blast.
Old 16th February 2011, 02:52 PM
Cultist in Training

Lol..My heart jumped after reading that rather misleading title - "Ultra rare reunion" I imagined this to be at least several cast members getting together! It's not exactly "rare" either as memorabilia have had a prisoner actor at nearly everyone of their shows over the past few years.
Old 16th February 2011, 05:57 PM
Cultist in Training

It is ultra rare to have Nigel and Genevieve reunited for a fan event, there hasn't been one certainly in the UK and this is probably the only opportunity that fans will have to meet them both together
Old 16th February 2011, 09:00 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@OnTheInside View Post
It is ultra rare to have Nigel and Genevieve reunited for a fan event, there hasn't been one certainly in the UK and this is probably the only opportunity that fans will have to meet them both together
Let's put it this way - I was the only person I knew watching Prisoner back in the early 90s on STV and the thought of ever meeting anyone from the show was just mind-boggling - I remember looking into getting hold of some wee fanzine and even that involved untold lengths - I think we're spoiled now and great that we can meet these people - to me then this would have been ultra-impossible!
Old 17th February 2011, 12:12 PM
Cult Addict

That sounds like an absolute blast! Just a shame that I'm right up in the highlands of Scotland.
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:07 PM
Cult Rookie

Gutted that I can't get there to the event but I had the pleasure of meeting Genevieve Lemon after I watched her fantastic performance in the amazing Billy Elliot. I was a bit nervous and embarrassed to be standing around stage doorways - I felt a little like Eve Harrington from All About Eve. Genevieve couldn't have been nicer and signed my programme and posed for photos with me. I don't think she could believe that Prisoner is still as big as it is and that people who would only have been in short pants during the original Australian run are so into it.

If you get the chance go and see Genevieve play Mrs Wilkinson in Billy Elliot she is great and I was even able to compliment her Pit Yakker accent coming from the same village that it's set in myself.

I hope you enjoy meeting both if you are lucky enough to attend the event!
Old 24th February 2011, 12:42 PM
Cult Addict

Will there be any PCBH memorabilia (i.e. Props, uniforms etc) at Memorabilia?
Old 26th February 2011, 07:25 PM
Cultist in Training

Good question, mr 420! I'll have to get back to you, I'm not sure what we're taking just yet!
Old 28th February 2011, 03:28 PM
Cult Addict

Thanks Scott. Also, it would be good if someone could take a few pics when they are at the event for the benefit for the ones (me!) who can't attend.

Like this? Share it using the links below!