Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Official UK Prisoner CBH Fan Club (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Ultra rare reunion at 'Memorablia'! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/official-uk-prisoner-cbh-fan-club/4662-ultra-rare-reunion-memorablia.html)

Scott@OnTheInside 15th February 2011 06:30 PM

Ultra rare reunion at 'Memorablia'!

For all of you who love attending MEMORABILIA in the hope of seeing some of your favourite cast members in the flesh, you will be delighted to hear that TWO former Prisoner cast members will be attending the popular exhibition next month, and would LOVE to say hello to all the loyal Prisoner fans!!

For one day only on SUNDAY 27th MARCH 2011, you will have the opportunity to come along and meet

GENEVIEVE LEMON ("Marlene Warren")

and

NIGEL BRADSHAW ("Dennis Cruickshank")

As many of you know, Genevieve is currently appearing in London's West End in the fantastic Musical BILLY ELLIOTT - but she will be available for one day only to meet her fans! PLUS - we are delighted to announce Nigel Bradshaw will be joining his very good friend Genevieve to reminisce about his time patrolling the corridors of Wentworth!!

We look forward to seeing you there!!

Search 'Google' for Memorabilia Birmingham for details

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th February 2011 06:36 PM

Hope you get a lot of people coming to say hello Scott. Sounds like it's going to be a blast.

Jeff Blair 16th February 2011 02:52 PM

Lol..My heart jumped after reading that rather misleading title - "Ultra rare reunion" I imagined this to be at least several cast members getting together! It's not exactly "rare" either as memorabilia have had a prisoner actor at nearly everyone of their shows over the past few years.

Scott@OnTheInside 16th February 2011 05:57 PM

It is ultra rare to have Nigel and Genevieve reunited for a fan event, there hasn't been one certainly in the UK and this is probably the only opportunity that fans will have to meet them both together :)

Almar@Cult Labs 16th February 2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott@OnTheInside (Post 128643)
It is ultra rare to have Nigel and Genevieve reunited for a fan event, there hasn't been one certainly in the UK and this is probably the only opportunity that fans will have to meet them both together :)

Let's put it this way - I was the only person I knew watching Prisoner back in the early 90s on STV and the thought of ever meeting anyone from the show was just mind-boggling - I remember looking into getting hold of some wee fanzine and even that involved untold lengths - I think we're spoiled now and great that we can meet these people - to me then this would have been ultra-impossible! :nod:

mr 420 17th February 2011 12:12 PM

That sounds like an absolute blast! Just a shame that I'm right up in the highlands of Scotland.

ChrissyJM 23rd February 2011 10:07 PM

Gutted that I can't get there to the event but I had the pleasure of meeting Genevieve Lemon after I watched her fantastic performance in the amazing Billy Elliot. I was a bit nervous and embarrassed to be standing around stage doorways - I felt a little like Eve Harrington from All About Eve. Genevieve couldn't have been nicer and signed my programme and posed for photos with me. I don't think she could believe that Prisoner is still as big as it is and that people who would only have been in short pants during the original Australian run are so into it.

If you get the chance go and see Genevieve play Mrs Wilkinson in Billy Elliot she is great and I was even able to compliment her Pit Yakker accent coming from the same village that it's set in myself.

I hope you enjoy meeting both if you are lucky enough to attend the event!

mr 420 24th February 2011 12:42 PM

Will there be any PCBH memorabilia (i.e. Props, uniforms etc) at Memorabilia?

Scott@OnTheInside 26th February 2011 07:25 PM

Good question, mr 420! I'll have to get back to you, I'm not sure what we're taking just yet!

mr 420 28th February 2011 03:28 PM

Thanks Scott. Also, it would be good if someone could take a few pics when they are at the event for the benefit for the ones (me!) who can't attend.