Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The Original 1960s Show

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th June 2011, 11:05 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Lets twist with the TZ twists

Of course one of the aspects i love this show is the twists. But which twist is the most shocking, unexpected and bizarre ?
Here's my top 5
1 - Third from the Sun - Brilliant, and re-watching the episode, it does all click into place
2 - The Eye of the Beholder - Creepy ending, why would anyone wanna conform to look like that ?!?
3 - The After Hours - Marsha doesnt need a home or a mother after all, shes NOT HUMAN !
4 - To Serve Man - To be honest, this episode is a half hour version of the miniseries V, but V didnt have the cookbook........
5 - Time Enough at Last - He really didnt deserve that.....
Anyway, lets get debating what defines the ultimate TZ twist ending ?
Old 3rd July 2011, 07:58 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Ooh, this will take some thought.

Five Characters in search of an exit always sticks with me because it's kind of bizarre really. There's no ryme or reason to it, yet it still really works.

Good post sir, I'll mull this over a bit more.
Old 31st July 2011, 11:06 AM
Cult Rookie

I'll need to think more about this one but off the top of my head the twist to Where Is Everbody? caught me off-guard because it was the first early Twilight Zone episode I watched and I had no idea how far it was able to push the weirdness in conservative 1950's America.
Old 31st July 2011, 03:38 PM
Cultist

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times, but Eye of the Beholder is incredibly effective. Although fairly obvious when watching, it never fails to work for a first time viewer.

Another one I really like is The Rip Van Winkler Case. The four men put so much work into making sure that gold was worth something to them, that they didn't think about the world around them.

The Silence is also a really good "twist" episode.

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.

Like this? Share it using the links below!