Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The CRITERION DVD and Blu-ray Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/10082-criterion-dvd-blu-ray-thread.html)

WaveCrest 21st June 2009 10:47 PM

bizarre_eye - Thanks for posting that link. There was only one new copy left from an Amazon Marketplace seller. I can buy off Amazon again so it was great to be able to get this film via Amazon. And the price was good as well, bearing in mind the higher prices for new (or used) copies of Criterion releases.

I bought as well Carnival of Souls (for anyone who is interested in getting this film and have been pondering over whether to get the Network DVD version, don't get that version. Instead purchase the Criterion version) and the original Insomnia.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd June 2009 10:23 PM

No probs Wave. :)

I have the Elstree Hill release of Carnival of Souls and it is terrible, so was thinking of investing in a gleaming Criterion version... :D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th June 2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 24289)
I too was going to start collecting Criterion's at some stage, but the prices put me off as well... I came to purchase some and thought for the price of a Criterion I could buy three or so other DVD's that I wanted.

The only ones I have managed to get (so far) are:

- Blood for Dracula
- Brazil (3 Disc Version)
- La Commare secca
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
- Flesh for Frankenstein
- Häxan: Witchcraft Through the Ages
- The Silence of the Lambs
- Videodrome

I will probably get more, but price will be a big factor in whether that will happen.

Fancy trading that SOTL B.E?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th June 2009 07:59 PM

Ooooohhhh... I dunno reaps, it would have to be something special for me to trade it, as it took me a while to find it at a sensible price... ;) plus I dunno if I could part with it! :o:D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th June 2009 08:37 PM

No worries they're selling on Amazon for 8 quid....could have had yourself a nice rare dvd there....;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th June 2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 31738)
No worries they're selling on Amazon for 8 quid....could have had yourself a nice rare dvd there....;)

:headbang::jest: Never mind mate, it's got some nice extras if you do get it. I'm surprised it's so cheap on Amazon though.

WaveCrest 15th July 2009 11:15 PM

Tested out the Criterion discs for Carnival of Souls and Insomnia a couple of weeks ago and I can say that they very much worth getting. They certainly put a lot of effort into their DVD releases Criterion.

SShaw 1st August 2009 05:55 PM

Lots of (cheapish) Criterion DVD's over in my For Sale thread.

Scott

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd August 2009 12:15 AM

I'll be picking up their REPULSION disc.:)

WaveCrest 11th August 2009 09:17 PM

Bought Criterion's The Friends of Eddie Coyle recently off Amazon Marketplace (via Amazon UK). Bought it from Supermart_usa. When it arrived in the post I found it had several scratches on the back of the disc. Was given a refund and I ordered it from a different Amazon Marketplace seller, all your music, which I've found to be very reliable. Received it in the post and the disc had no scratches on it. Tested it out and the disc played fine. I didn't think the remastered picture was good as it had been made out to be in the DVD Times review.