Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The German/French DVD and Blu-ray Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/1017-german-french-dvd-blu-ray-thread.html)

mark meakin 14th February 2009 04:48 PM

My Dutch dvd of THE REPTILE was about £8.00 off Ebay .Try here Drac though it's a shame the exchange rate is not as good now.You can pay by PAYPAL though & they're reliable :-
http://www.mediaboetiek.nl/produkt.p...&titel=Reptile

R-T-C Tim 19th March 2009 03:19 PM

If anyone is into Westerns, Germany offers one of the biggest selections thanks to Koch Media, who usually (but not always) seem to add unlisted English subtitles to their releases. I've got a selection of reviews on my Spaghetti Western page.

They have a small selection of English friendly Peplum films too, but sadly with one exception (Messalina, reviewed on the page above), the huge E-M-S Peplum library does not include English options.

No-one has yet mentioned the Hammer adventure double bill - A Challenge for Robin Hood and Men of Sherwood Forest from E-M-S.

I also recommend the gothic horror Castle of the Walking Dead (1967) on German DVD

If you want to try something very new, take a look at the - Karl May Westerns. A series of German Westerns made in the early 1960s, good afternoon matinee movie fun and something you will probably never find on DVD in the UK or US. English options are available, see the reviews for details.

Pete 22nd May 2009 09:29 AM

I got my first german dvds recently: Amazonia ( astro ) and Have Sword will Travel ( MIB ).

Peter Neal 1st September 2009 08:01 PM

THIS will be the imho uber gorgeous cover art of the planned German SE release for Tobe Hooper's "The Texas Chain Saw Massacre"- based on the original Italian release artwork...:

http://www.schnittberichte.com/forum...15225&start=45

...IF the distributor manages to FINALLY get it off the list of banned movies, which is a loooong and complicated process....:rolleyes::suspicious:
But they've been fighting for a good while and as they own the rights to the whole German language territory for a HD master and all the SE extras of the recent US re-issue, they won't give up too easily...so there's still hope.:cool:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st September 2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Neal (Post 40160)
THIS will be the imho uber gorgeous cover art of the planned German SE release for Tobe Hooper's "The Texas Chain Saw Massacre"- based on the original Italian release artwork...:

http://www.schnittberichte.com/forum...15225&start=45

...IF the distributor manages to FINALLY get it off the list of banned movies, which is a loooong and complicated process....:rolleyes::suspicious:
But they've been fighting for a good while and as they own the rights to the whole German language territory for a HD master and all the SE extras of the recent US re-issue, they won't give up too easily...so there's still hope.:cool:

That cover art looks awesome Peter! :woot:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st September 2009 08:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have a fair few German releases myself. Aside from the X-Rated Kult / X Gabu releases, I echo R-T-C Tim by saying that Koch produce some great packages. I have their What Have They Done to Your Daughters? (under the title: Der Tod trägt schwarzes Leder) and Short Night of Glass Dolls (under the title: Malastrana) and they are both excellent. :cool:

Kyle 1st September 2009 08:20 PM

how much is the postage from amazon.de?

ive just seen some great steelbooks

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st September 2009 08:29 PM

It's about ten euros from amazon themselves,but only six if you buy from a seller who posts internationally.I've NEVER had any bother from a German seller yet.:clap:

Kyle 1st September 2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 40170)
It's about ten euros from amazon themselves,but only six if you buy from a seller who posts internationally.I've NEVER had any bother from a German seller yet.:clap:

thanx reaps :cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st September 2009 08:49 PM

9 Attachment(s)
No worries mate.
The German Hammer Editions are second to none,but some are becoming somewhat pricey!
This is what I've managed to capture so far.:woot:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st September 2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 40180)
No worries mate.
The German Hammer Editions are second to none,but some are becoming somewhat pricey!
This is what I've managed to capture so far.:woot:

Bloody beautiful reaps. :cool: I've seen these selling for silly money on eBay. :shocked:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st September 2009 09:01 PM

Dracucarr was kind enough to send me a scan of his THE MUMMY'S SHROUD,as I had the uk version,but it just ain't the same.So I paid 62 euros for that....:faint2:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st September 2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 40188)
Dracucarr was kind enough to send me a scan of his THE MUMMY'S SHROUD,as I had the uk version,but it just ain't the same.So I paid 62 euros for that....:faint2:

:eek: :jaw: I have to admit, though that every time I see them I'm tempted... ;)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st September 2009 09:06 PM

Just as well the wife doesn't read this.....:shocked:

bdc 2nd September 2009 08:18 AM

I'm thinking about getting the Anolis SE of The Crazies.
Are the extra's subtitled in German or dubbed over?

mark meakin 2nd September 2009 09:04 AM

I have the KOCH release of The Island (1980) the only release worldwide AFAIK & Devils Of Darkness & the uncut Island Of Terror (1966).I have the Hammer films or I'd have gone for the german releases too with their gorgeous artwork.

Splatterdragon73 2nd September 2009 11:42 AM

I've got Koch's The Island DVD too and i'm glad they used the superb original artwork on the cover.
It has to be said that where exploitation and cult titles are concerned Germany delivers the goods on more or less every level. The country's definitely one of the best R2 areas for releasing our kind of cinema and many German DVDs outdo those releases from other regions. It's great to see such effort gaining appreciation i just wish it wasn't so tricky trying to keep up with all the DVDs coming out from the country!:happy:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd September 2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 40220)
I'm thinking about getting the Anolis SE of The Crazies.
Are the extra's subtitled in German or dubbed over?

As far as I can tell from the back cover mate,subtitled.

bdc 2nd September 2009 07:32 PM

Thanks for the info reaps! :)
Some nice exclusive extra's on that one.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd September 2009 07:53 PM

The metal tin is to die for mate!:cool:

Pete 6th September 2009 04:02 PM

Does anyone know if there are any good websites i can buy X - Rated Kult discs from and accepts paypal?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th September 2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 40712)
Does anyone know if their are any good websites i can buy X - Rated Kult discs from and accepts paypal?

The only site I know of that sells X-Rated Kult titles and accepts Paypal is Chainsaw. You may want to e-mail Han ahead and ask him what he has in stock, as I don't think he carries a lot of X-Rated's anymore, despite them being shown on the site.

The best place on the web for X-Rated Kult at the moment is probably DTM - but they do not accept paypal, sadly.

Pete 6th September 2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 40713)
The only site I know of that sells X-Rated Kult titles and accepts Paypal is Chainsaw. You may want to e-mail Han ahead and ask him what he has in stock, as I don't think he carries a lot of X-Rated's anymore, despite them being shown on the site.

The best place on the web for X-Rated Kult at the moment is probably DTM - but they do not accept paypal, sadly.

Thanks B-E.;)

Dont have that many German releases:

Female Vampire XXX Version
- X-Rated Kult
Amazonia The Catherine Mile's Stroy ( as Cannibal Holocuast 2 ) - Astro
Nightmare Concert - Astro
Have Sword, Will Travel (Shaw Brothers) - MIB
Final Destination - Kinowlet
Voices From Beyond - X -Rated (Comming Soon)

I also have The Jess Franco Gold Collection and Doriana Grey but i think they're Swiss.

Pete 6th September 2009 09:42 PM

There are few X Rated titles on Cahinsaw that i want but i dont know how much the prices are in english money. Someone want to help me out? Please!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th September 2009 09:47 PM

No probs loops. :)

I have a fair few German releases myself:

- Angel of Death (X-Rated)
- Angel of Death II (Ltd Edition 4 DVD Digipak - Simpel Movie)
- Anthropophagous 2000 (Laser Paradise Red Edition)
- Autopsy (X-Rated)
- Beatrice Cenci (Ltd Edition - NEW)
- Beyond Re-animator (2 Disc - e-m-s)
- Beyond The Limits (2 Disc Tin - Laser Paradise)
- The Bloodstained Butterfly (Eyecatcher)
- The Bloodstained Shadow: Director's Cut (X-Rated)
- The Burning (2 Disc - Retrofilm)
- Byleth (X-Rated)
- Case of the Bloody Iris (X-Rated)
- The Crazies (Anolis Steelbook)
- Dagon (2 DVD - XT Video)
- Dämonenbrut (3 DVD Digipak - X-Rated)
- Dellamorte Dellamore (Laser Paradise Red Edition)
- Demonia (Laser Paradise Red Edition)
- Dial: Help (e-m-s)
- Enigma Rosso (Ltd Edition - Eyecatcher)
- Evil Eye (X-Rated)
- Exitus Interruptus (3 Disc - X-Rated)
- Exitus II: House of Pain (2 Disc - X-Rated)
- Flavia The Heretic (Ltd Edition no. 737/1000 - X-Cess)
- Four Flies on Grey Velvet (Retrofilm)
- Garden of Love (Metalpak - XT Video)
- Ghosthouse (X-Rated)
- Iguana With the Tongue of Fire (NEW)
- Iron Rose (X-Rated)
- Legion of the Dead (Steelbook - NSM Records)
- Midnight Ripper (X-Rated)
- Mill of the Stone Women (Ltd Edition - NEW)
- My Dear Killer (X-Rated)
- H. P. Lovecraft's Necronomicon Box Set (Epix Media)
- Nekromantik (J&B)
- Nekromantik 2 (J&B)
- The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave (X-Rated)
- Night of the Demons Trilogy (Laser Paradise)
- Night of the Living Dead (3 Disc Steelbook - New KSM)
- Nightmare Beach (Eyecatcher)
- Phantom of Death (X-Rated)
- Prison of Hell (X-Rated)
- The Red Queen Kills 7 Times (Eyecatcher)
- Rossa Venezia (X-Rated)
- Schoolgirl Killer (X-Rated)
- Schramm (J&B)
- Secret Killer (X-Rated)
- Short Night of Glass Dolls (Koch)
- Spasmo (Eyecatcher)
- Strip Nude For Your Killer (X-Rated)
- Der Todesking (Media Target)
- Torso (NSM)
- Torso (X-Rated)
- The Trap (X-Rated)
- Untot - Undead Unleashed (FunAct Pictures)
- Vegetarierinnen zur Fleischeslust gezwungen Part 1 (X-Rated)
- Watch Me When I Kill (X-Rated)
- What Have They Done to Your Daughters? (Koch)

Plus I'm always on the hunt for more... ;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th September 2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 40762)
There are few X Rated titles on Cahinsaw that i want but i dont know how much the prices are in english money. Someone want to help me out? Please!

I use this mate. It won't be exactly what Paypal will charge you - due to them only updating their exchange rate daily. I think XE is updated hourly, or even more frequently than that.

Pete 6th September 2009 09:49 PM

Thank you!:cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th September 2009 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just bought this XT Video German release of A BAY OF BLOOD with this artwork.:woot::cool:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th September 2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 41008)
Just bought this XT Video German release of A BAY OF BLOOD with this artwork.:woot::cool:

Gorgeous artwork mate. :cool: Where did you get it from? :popcorn:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th September 2009 08:38 PM

That site you and Peter Neal recommended mate.Os commerce.;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th September 2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 41016)
That site you and Peter Neal recommended mate.Os commerce.;)

Ahhh! :nod: Did you get your Burning from them btw?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th September 2009 09:10 PM

I sure did.Only thing that pissed me was a minimun 14.99E spend...so I ordered a HILLS HAVE EYES......:drama:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th September 2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 41031)
I sure did.Only thing that pissed me was a minimun 14.99E spend...so I ordered a HILLS HAVE EYES......:drama:

I didn't know they had a minimum spend... probably because I've always bought too damn much from them that I've never found out! :shocked: :pound:

bdc 10th September 2009 10:19 AM

I've been looking for info on this one for some time.
Anyone knows if the German E-M-S Wonderwall has optional subs?

Pete 11th September 2009 10:34 AM

Which German company is the bootleg one? Astro or X Rated/

Peter Neal 11th September 2009 11:27 AM

You are probably referring to some bootlegs of long oop Astro DVDs, which occassionally still pop up in some online shops.

X Rated hasn't issued any bootlegs to my knowledge, neither has Astro in their active time.

There have been though a few dodgy releases by the Austrian "XT Video" label, who've used on more than one occasion special features and masters from Anchor Bay (US and UK) releases without permit.:rolleyes:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th September 2009 03:37 PM

There was talk of Eyecatcher being a bootleg label, but I think they're a sub-division of New Entertainment World. Also Retrofilm - who brought us the 'grey market' Four Flies on Grey Velvet have been labelled a bootlegger before too... :laugh:

Peter Neal 18th September 2009 06:48 AM

On 30.10, an interesting SE of "The Texas Chainsaw Masasacre" (with the best DVD cover art ever) will be released via Austria, including all the extras from the latest US reelase AND the movie on BOTH, a DVD and a BluRay disc!

http://www.schnittberichte.com/news.php?ID=1592

The label "Turbine" has been struggling for months to get this classic off the lsit of "Banned Movies" in Germany - so far without success.:rolleyes:
That's probably why they opted to take the "Austria route"- as so many other German distributors:eyebrows:
It is still in the realms of possibilty that this edition will find its way to amazon.de in a cheaper, unlimited incarnation- though with the distributor still waiting for a German court to outrule the ban from the heydays of VHS witchhunts, I wouldn't really hold my breath....:tongue1:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th September 2009 06:09 PM

Now there's a classy looking package.Thanks for that PN!:clap:

gag 19th September 2009 09:03 AM

what are x rated kult films and what so special about them ?