Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1221Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd August 2012, 07:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I've always wondered about that scene with the Lion. I really like to think they didn't and it had just been given a sleeping pill or something. But with it being Umberto Lenzi I have my doubts.
I'm a little unsure too. But hopefully it was tame and was instructed by it's trainer. Those scenes were shot in the US, so a circus or zoo must be the only place to get a lion from.
Old 28th August 2012, 06:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

My Ironmaster DVD came today and, despite being listed on amazon.de as having English audio, it's not English friendly at all . Has anyone experienced this with amazon.de before and if so, how did they handle it? I really can't be fussed sending it all the way back to Germany.
Old 28th August 2012, 06:30 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I think you should contact them about it.
Here's their English language customer service center:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/help/custome...&nodeId=505532

Btw seems the info is on the back cover of the dvd as well?

OFDB confirms there's no English audio.
Old 28th August 2012, 07:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist

For all the SAW fans there is a new, droolworthy CE out in Austria:
Wall Photos | Facebook

Contains all 7 movies 100% uncut (Part III in the Director's Cut that's even longer than the 'normal' Unrated Version) and has a model (1:3) of the Bear Trap, made from leather and metal.

An AMAZING special edition, if you ask me!

BTW: I don't know if I already offered this here but in case you have any questions regarding German or Austrian DVD/Blu-ray releases, please don't hesitate to contact me either via Facebook or PM here. I do check the forum regularly but in a large topic like this it's easy for me to miss something.
zane likes this.
Old 28th August 2012, 07:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

As there are some collectors here, I would like to mention that Dario Argento's Sleepless will be released on Blu-ray in Germany soon.
While there are two mediabook options are limited to 500/1000 units, the hardbox-editions will be limited to 99 (!) copies each.

You can see all the cover options here:

Edition Tonfilm bringt Sleepless in je zwei Mediabooks und Hartboxen - DVD/BLU-RAY - DVD-Forum.at

Also, you the mediabook edition of Midnight Meat Train is available now. Let Sleeping Corpses Lie will be listed very soon and Videodrome (YES!) will be available at the end of september. You can already pre-order it and it includes both the Unrated and R-rated cut.
Also, Capelight are preparing a special edition of Re-Animator. They have just announced that they will use a different, probably superior master than that present on the US-release.

And while I'm at it. I'd like to do some advertising for the German edition of Mark Of The Devil. The picture is superb, one of the best transfers I've ever seen. You get a lot of extras, the packaging is very nice, there are several audio options (English is of course included) and it's possible the best edition of the film you'll ever get.
I'm writing this because the company that is putting out this release (Turbine) is a small lable that - other than many of their competitors - are giving everything they have to put out rare and banned flicks in the best quality possible.

So far, those titles are available from Turbine:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Mark Of The Devil
Last House On The Left

Upcoming:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
Peter Neal, Rik and Playzocker like this.
Old 28th August 2012, 07:48 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Awesome summary! But since you mentioned the Koch Media Mediabook of "Videodrome" I could add that they've also released a Mediabook of "Vier Fliegen auf Grauem Samt" ("For Flied on Grey Velvet") and that they're also planning to release "Army of Darkness". They're planning to release die Director's Cut in native HD but details are very slim at the moment.

And speaking of Turbine - I just love their releases. And I totally agree with you, the transfer used for "Hexen bis aufs Blut gequält" ("Mark of the Devil") is phenomenal. They also did their best with TCM and TLHOTL but the possibilities with the source material were limited there.

EDIT: Can you name a source for the Mediabook of Let Sleeping Corpses Lie ... I haven't heard of that one but that would be really awesome?
Old 28th August 2012, 08:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
EDIT: Can you name a source for the Mediabook of Let Sleeping Corpses Lie ... I haven't heard of that one but that would be really awesome?
Hey playzocker, I think the official thread is the best source for information on the topic. See page 10 for all the details.

Non si deve profanare il sonno../Invasion der Zombies (1974) : Edition Tonfilm

I think the realease is mostly interesting because the transfer on the DVD is struck from a different source than the one on the Blu-ray. Mediabook (and hardbox editions) will be coming from X-rated.

On a sidenote, I can fully recommend playzocker's reviews for people that speak German. Always good entertainment
Old 28th August 2012, 08:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Thank you so much for the link - I really didn't know that. SO looking forward to the Mediabook. I watched the film from the old Astro VHS and I loved it so much that I came close to buying the US Blu-ray a million times but always hesitated because I thought that the film would be a perfect title for Arrow Video and I hate double dipping.

But the Mediabook will be a definite buy, hope it comes out soon!

I'm glad you enjoy my videos and thanks for the recommendation!
BTW: Do I already know you from YouTube, Facebook or the DVD Forum?
Old 29th August 2012, 10:16 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

"Exterminator 2" is no longer listed on the German "Index of restricted Movies" and will be therefore released on DVD over there in October with fairly cool cover artwork :

Exterminator 2 im Oktober von Ascot Elite (Schnittberichte.com)
Old 29th August 2012, 03:03 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
But the Mediabook will be a definite buy, hope it comes out soon!
Yes, although it's a pity that they haven't licensed the interviews from Blue Underground.

Quote:
BTW: Do I already know you from YouTube, Facebook or the DVD Forum?
No, I don't think so

Like this? Share it using the links below!