Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1221Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th February 2013, 02:02 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Out of interest, does the regular Blu-ray edition of Anguish (Im Augenblick der Angst) have a reversible cover without the massive FSK logo?

Also, on a non-related note, anyone have any contact information for the german label RetroFilm?
Acording to the OFDB, the answer is yes:

OFDb - Fassung zu Im Augenblick der Angst (1987)

The German word is "Wendecover"

Sorry, I cannot help you on the other question...
BAKA likes this.
Old 12th February 2013, 04:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughale View Post
That was in the past, it still sucks that they have not moved any further and they repack the old VHS quality films and squeeze the cash out of the German-needing fans - it is ridiculous, mostly... And do not say anything positibve about the Dqawn of the Dead Ultimate Final Cut - that is a craime against all people who love films - it is a very poorly made affair, cutting together all the creep behind it had - not taking any care about the sound and picture quality, it just plain out SUCKS!
In the past? Still feels like yesterday - I'm getting old. Personally I never bought the 156min Dawn but I can see why it was of interest to those that did, I'm sure it isn't great quality nor director approved etc but in the same way ardent music fans will lap up inferior quality bootlegs certain fans of this movie will be interested in seeing this extended novelty version.
Old 13th February 2013, 10:58 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
In the past? Still feels like yesterday - I'm getting old. Personally I never bought the 156min Dawn but I can see why it was of interest to those that did, I'm sure it isn't great quality nor director approved etc but in the same way ardent music fans will lap up inferior quality bootlegs certain fans of this movie will be interested in seeing this extended novelty version.
I am fine with having all the stuff there is as bonus material, but cutting it together in what appears to be a film and calling it Ultimate Final Cut - is absolutely messed up - and no matter what the guy inteded, it was nothing related to film, it was just cash... He just recently made a 3D film about Robin Hood (which even starred Tom Savini!), they had to exchange the main actor in the middle of filming, due to a dispute. It is supposed to be horrible and the trailer undermines that - but the fun part is, how many 5 star reviews it got on amazon - some say that he has a big family and some reviews have been identified as being just that - sorry, but he is just a ... (insert worst insult you can think of )

Edit: No, I am NOT the original Robin Hood
Old 13th February 2013, 01:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I also have the same releases as Boo Radley.Plus a steelbook edition of
Infestation on bluray along with a Night of the living dead mediabook.
Also have Creepshow 2 on bluray, which I cannot recommend
because there's a cut in the movie about twenty minutes in and the
screen remains black there after. Whatever you may think of the
movie itself, the disc should at the very least, work properly. Everything
else I'm happy with.
Old 13th February 2013, 02:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I never said that all German DVDs are crap per se - if I did, I did not mean that There are exceptions and I still have a few that have no better versions that I know of, one example is Peter Jackson's Brain Dead, which was released as Dead Alive by Laser Paradise and is ok in quality and uncut. Similar is Dellamorte Dellamore, which I am thinking of to upgrade with the Shameless DVD, but then, still have hopes that a proper BD might find a release one day...

Apart from that, I have upgraded most of my baddies, but kept the originals as it is a crime to sell these films here... Argentos, Fulcis, Romeros... You name 'em...

(That reminds me that I should really count how many different versions of Dawn of the Dead I have - not the dreaded UFC I had a VHS copy of that and used it to tape something.... )
Old 14th February 2013, 12:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I've noticed a load of Terence Hill and Bud Spencer movies have been released on BD in Germany. Does anyone own any of them & do they have English audio?

zane likes this.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 14th February 2013, 12:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

@Pete: I don't have them (loved them as kid but definitely have grown out of them mostly ), but OFDB tells me that they only have the German dub on them, the picture quality is said to be horribly pested by too much grain and there is talk about sound issues as well...
Pete likes this.
Old 14th February 2013, 12:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughale View Post
@Pete: I don't have them (loved them as kid but definitely have grown out of them mostly ), but OFDB tells me that they only have the German dub on them, the picture quality is said to be horribly pested by too much grain and there is talk about sound issues as well...
Ah, that's a shame. Hopefully someone else will give them a decent English friendly release.

Old 14th February 2013, 03:53 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Ah, that's a shame. Hopefully someone else will give them a decent English friendly release.
It isn't a shame at all. All the movies - except - Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja - are taken from the Original camera negative and look great.
Vier Fäuste gegen Rio, Zwei bärenstarke Typen and Zwei außer Rand und Band at least have English audio too. I'm looking forward to Zwei Asse trumpfen auf and Miami Cops.
Pete likes this.
Old 14th February 2013, 03:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
It isn't a shame at all. All the movies - except - Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja - are taken from the Original camera negative and look great.
Vier Fäuste gegen Rio, Zwei bärenstarke Typen and Zwei außer Rand und Band at least have English audio too. I'm looking forward to "Zwei Asse trumpfen auf" and "Miami Cops".
Ooh excellent! I'll pick those three up if they have English audio. Do you know if MIAMI COPS will have English audio?

Like this? Share it using the links below!