Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The German/French DVD and Blu-ray Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/1017-german-french-dvd-blu-ray-thread.html)

Mojo 30th January 2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dracucarr (Post 21202)
Mojo, I have Curse of the Crimson Altar and having watched the opening sequence it is cut. As the sequence starts you can hear a solitary whiplash just like the DD release. Very disappointing. Nice packaging though.

Cheers, dracucarr. That is disappointing, but I guess the UK version will have to do!

As for the Hammer stuff, do you have the German Plague Of The Zombies disc? Is it an improvement on the ABUS release?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th January 2009 10:37 PM

Brilliant release mojo....;)

mark meakin 31st January 2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 21299)
Cheers, dracucarr. That is disappointing, but I guess the UK version will have to do!

As for the Hammer stuff, do you have the German Plague Of The Zombies disc? Is it an improvement on the ABUS release?

I was given the impression the censored footage was included as an extra ?:confused:

EDIT What Tim Rogerson wrote on the Worldwidedvdforums:-
"There is now a new German R2 DVD from EMS (available from Amazon.de but already being offered at inflated prices by Ebay sellers). This is also the cut version but the uncut version of the opening scene is contained as an "extra" - I believe this has been taken from the old American laserdisc and the footage was supplied to EMS by Marc Morris (according to Marc himself on the old AB forums). The German DVD also has various trailers and a couple of condensed Super 8 versions of the film. It is an English language print available in German and English audio."

It's inclusion even as a deleted scene makes the German release the more superior version I'd thought.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st January 2009 11:03 PM

What exactly was the censored scene and I'll let you know....

vincenzo 31st January 2009 11:47 PM

The shots of the dominatrix holding the whip and then lashing the bound woman in the opening scene.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st February 2009 12:32 AM

Ah CURSE,thought you were on about PLAGUE...:o...If I can't keep up with the conversation,then I'll need to sit at the kiddies table....:p
Anyway,ASYLUM and DEVILS OF DARKNESS come beautifully packaged in a slipcase,with alternate artwork on the keepcase.CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF is the same with beautiful black and white stills from the film on the keepcase.All come with beautiful booklets,albeit in German:(
Vorch dung spruch technik....:D

dracucarr 10th February 2009 03:57 PM

Ah, I didn't bother checking the extras after the initial disappointment so at least there is something there. Thanks for letting us know, but it's a shame they couldn't have incorporated it into the film. I'll check out the disc later.

The Reptile is a good disc Mojo, but unlike some of the other German Hammer's I bought this was based solely on the cover art. I personally didn't notice much difference between E-M-S vs ABUS. According to DVD Compare the aspect ratio's differ aswell as the German release having an extra stills gallery

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=5236

This is another pair I'm gonna have to check out again. Have you watched Devils of Darkness yet reaper?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th February 2009 07:22 PM

Fraid not Drac,I've been too busy trawling Poundland....:D

mark meakin 10th February 2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 21713)
Fraid not Drac,I've been too busy trawling Poundland....:D

Devils Of Darkness is pretty poor anyway,but On The Buses fans may recognise the woman handling the snake from an episode of the series.It was footage of her dance that was originally cut by the BBFC (Reinstated to the Odeon disc but not the r1 version.)I assume the German disc is uncut ?.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th February 2009 07:44 PM

As I say Mark,hard for me to tell,as I still haven't watched the Odeon disc either.Recieved my 2 disc version of RAZORBACK from Germany today....:woot: