Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1221Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th April 2013, 04:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
I'll let you know, I have both , well, will have when this comes.
How's the German Maniac BD in comparison to the BU release?
Old 12th April 2013, 04:40 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
How's the German Maniac BD in comparison to the BU release?
I was coming onto this thread to find out the same thing. It's not even the softness of the BU that's the biggest problem as it's to be expected to an extent but I had to switch my settings to get even something that resembled black in amy of it other than a milky dark grey.
Old 12th April 2013, 04:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Maniac
You can be sure that they are using the same exact master as Blue Underground. It is essentially a repack of the Blue Underground disc.

City Of The Living Dead

What they did is simply adding heavy DNR. Normally a no-go, but in this case it actually mostly eliminates the video noise and leaves the details intact.
For a "blast-from-the-past": Selecting the zombie head in the extras menu gives you acess to the old german video version.
Old 12th April 2013, 05:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
I have the XT Steelbook of Ein Zombie Hing Am Glockenseil but I ain't watched it.You reckon it's clearer than Arrow's?

The XT Steelbook wipes the floor with the Arrow print however you do lose all of the extras.

For me that was a price worth paying as I like to watch my film free from artifacts.
Old 12th April 2013, 05:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I still haven't watched the Arrow version despite owning it for about a year, in fact it's still sealed as I bought it cheap not long after watching their DVD version
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 12th April 2013, 06:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I still haven't watched the Arrow version despite owning it for about a year, in fact it's still sealed as I bought it cheap not long after watching their DVD version

The Arrow version is certainly worth having if you are into extras but I just couldn't watch the film again after seeing the XT release.

Many collectors have more than one copy of a film anyway so in this case it makes perfect sense
Old 12th April 2013, 06:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
The Arrow version is certainly worth having if you are into extras but I just couldn't watch the film again after seeing the XT release.

Many collectors have more than one copy of a film anyway so in this case it makes perfect sense
That's why I haven't watched it yet, I have numerous DVD editions of it (including the Arrow slipcase one) but only the one BD copy
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 12th April 2013, 09:38 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Zane, you are now our unofficial German BD spokesperson.

Can you keep an eye out for any reviews on this?

http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00C391...bluraycom04-21
Old 13th April 2013, 05:31 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Does anyone know if Fox uses reversible covers in Germany? I'm looking to pick up the forthcoming Bloodsport blu-ray. I know it's on a double feature in the US with Timecop, but I already have the UK blu of that film.

Old 13th April 2013, 07:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Does anyone know if Fox uses reversible covers in Germany? I'm looking to pick up the forthcoming Bloodsport blu-ray. I know it's on a double feature in the US with Timecop, but I already have the UK blu of that film.

Yeath, they use reversible covers, although I don't know if on all their releases. But I checked some of their releases and all of them have a reversible cover.

Like this? Share it using the links below!