Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The German/French DVD and Blu-ray Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/1017-german-french-dvd-blu-ray-thread.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 13th April 2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 335553)
Yeath, they use reversible covers, although I don't know if on all their releases. But I checked some of their releases and all of them have a reversible cover.

Thanks Zane. I'll take the chance. :)

LoBo 15th April 2013 04:00 PM

I have disappointing news for those that pre-ordered the German mediabook of The Punisher (89). It was actually advertised as have the English audio in DTS-HD MA 2.0, but it only has it in lossy Dolby Digital 2.0.

Too bad. I canceled my order and bought the UK version instead. it has the audio tracks in LPCM 2.0 and DTS-HD MA 5.1. I believe all films deserve to have lossless audio and especially films like these, which have a lot of shooting, explosions and fight scenes.

Link: Ultimate Dolph • View topic - THE PUNISHER (Mark Goldblatt, 1989)

"Yeah the back cover states DTS-HD MA but I tried and could only switch to 3 tracks: German DD 2.0, English DD 2.0 and audio commentary. Not sure why that is."

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th April 2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoBo (Post 335928)
I have disappointing news for those that pre-ordered the German mediabook of The Punisher (89). It was actually advertised as have the English audio in DTS-HD MA 2.0, but it only has it in lossy Dolby Digital 2.0.

Too bad. I canceled my order and bought the UK version instead. it has the audio tracks in LPCM 2.0 and DTS-HD MA 5.1. I believe all films deserve to have lossless audio and especially films like these, which have a lot of shooting, explosions and fight scenes.

"Yeah the back cover states DTS-HD MA but I tried and could only switch to 3 tracks: German DD 2.0, English DD 2.0 and audio commentary. Not sure why that is."

I know some people will be disappointed, but not me I'm afraid. The commentary, unrated cut and (apparently) a really good version of the workprint are all the reason I need to buy it :)

Pete 15th April 2013 04:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Do any of you sexy bastards know if these are English friendly and of decent quality?

zane 15th April 2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 335930)
Do any of you sexy bastards know if these are English friendly and of decent quality?

I heard that they generally have a solid picture quality, but only Auch Djangos Kopf hat seinen Preis offers English audio. All the others only include German and Italian audio.

Use this page for information like that:

http://www.ofdb.de/view.php?page=start

zane 15th April 2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoBo (Post 335928)

Maybe you should wait a little bit for more information, because I have heard nothing about this on German boards, facebook etc. so far.

Pete 15th April 2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 335951)
I heard that they generally have a solid picture quality, but only Auch Djangos Kopf hat seinen Preis offers English audio. All the others only include German and Italian audio.

Use this page for information like that:

OFDb - Die Filmdatenbank für TV, Kino, DVD, Blu-ray und Trailer

Ah, that's a shame.

Thanks Zane :)

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th April 2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 335960)
Maybe you should wait a little bit for more information, because I have heard nothing about this on German boards, facebook etc. so far.

Someone mentioned it on blu-ray.com, don't know how they got it early though. Maybe for review?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th April 2013 06:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hmm not a lot of effort went into these steelbooks....

demonknight 15th April 2013 06:39 PM

Have Alien Trespass Bluray ordered
from Amazon in Germany.