Old 9th June 2013, 06:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Thanks Zane. Defo purchase!!
Old 9th June 2013, 06:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
Depends.

When I started collecting movies, I only watched them in their original language - which was, most of the time English. Because back then, as a matter of fact, the mayority of my collection consisted of British DVDs (I remember exactly how exicted I was when I got my City Of The Living Dead DVD from VIPCO ).

Nowadays, I tend to appreciate the quality of German dubbing. I really can't be objective with this, but most of all with older movies (even old Italian horror movies and the like) I notice how much care was put into the dubbing and it adds to the atmosphere.

Still I often stick with the original audio, if only for economic reasons or simply beacause the movie I'm looking for isn't available in German. Nowadays, I would say 50% of the movies I buy are English/US imports.
Okey zane! I have always been fascinated in some way by the german dubbing. Watching a german trailer for an older film is actually more fun than the original language
Old 10th June 2013, 06:35 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnToZero View Post
Okey zane! I have always been fascinated in some way by the german dubbing. Watching a german trailer for an older film is actually more fun than the original language
It also works the other way too. For example, the English dub on Premutos is hilarious.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 14th June 2013, 05:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Just wanted to give you a quick review on the PQ of the German release of Tales from the Crypt.

I just watched the movie yesterday and was pleasently surprised. General detail and the colours are very strong. I noticed no signs of severe DNR at all, there are no problems with encoding either.
These screenshots - atlhough taken from the DVD (struck from the same master) - should give you an impression of what to expect.

Also, the mediabooks look really nice and has some nice extras on the DVD (for example, the Super 8 versions of City Of The Dead with Christopher Lee, Scream and Scream Again and much more as eastereggs...).
Old 21st June 2013, 01:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Hello people. Got a question on DTM.at. I want to order a couple of blu-rays from them including Inferno mediabook. During the checkout process I'm offered only one payment method - money transfer. But the site says they accept Visa/Master Card as well. I'm not going to do a bank transfer because of a high transfer fee. Could anyone help me out with this issue? I dropped them an email but haven't got an answer yet.
Thanks in advance.
Old 21st June 2013, 01:47 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
Hello people. Got a question on DTM.at. I want to order a couple of blu-rays from them including Inferno mediabook. During the checkout process I'm offered only one payment method - money transfer. But the site says they accept Visa/Master Card as well. I'm not going to do a bank transfer because of a high transfer fee. Could anyone help me out with this issue? I dropped them an email but haven't got an answer yet.
Thanks in advance.
This is what appears when I order anything. I choose Wirecard, that's the only way to use a credit card/debit card.

Old 21st June 2013, 01:55 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I can't attach any picture yet because of the quantity of my posts.

I get this message:

Payment method
At this time we can only offer you one payment method.

Money Order
Old 21st June 2013, 01:59 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I can't attach any picture yet because of the quantity of my posts.

I get this message:

Payment method
At this time we can only offer you one payment method.

Money Order
That's strange. I've never seen that before. Hopefully D&T will be able to explain why.
Old 21st June 2013, 02:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
That's strange. I've never seen that before. Hopefully D&T will be able to explain why.
Asked them about it 5 days ago. Don't think they'll get back to me. Are there any other reliable stores excpet DTM and Beyond-Media or ebay sellers that carry Inferno? I would hate to miss it.
Old 21st June 2013, 02:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Asked them about it 5 days ago. Don't think they'll get back to me. Are there any other reliable stores excpet DTM and Beyond-Media or ebay sellers that carry Inferno? I would hate to miss it.

here you go mate

Medienhandel

although the site should come with a warning that spending too much time on there will usually cost collectors a small fortune

Like this? Share it using the links below!