Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The German/French DVD and Blu-ray Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/1017-german-french-dvd-blu-ray-thread.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd July 2017 07:54 PM

I hated the remake when I first saw it, but it's grown on me. It's no worse than some of the sequels.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd July 2017 07:57 PM

Hmmm....tried watching it from my tin boxset recently,fell asleep after 20 minutes!

Must admit though,seven and eight are a bit trying on the old patience.

Five is usually slated,but I think it's one of the better chapters!

VeZius 3rd July 2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 540176)
I've collected them (F13th) so far with the exception of the woeful remake.
They do feature original art inside.
I'm currently awaiting 4,5 and 6 from Uncut.ch whose site claims that 4 and 5 are uncut versions.....maybe all that means is that ze German prints were already heavily 'macheted' :confused:

Any pros and cons you could say about those sets?

I've been wondering if I should get normal editions of 1-3 and 5-6 since they are easy to get and fill the gaps with these mediabooks. Then again, it's annoying to have so mixed set of them... but the mediabooks are so expensive... and if I buy them, I'm sure they'll come up with a new boxset. :rolleyes:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd July 2017 08:04 PM

They look good all together,although the mask artwork is pretty similar....

I'm looking it as an investment for flogging in the future when the inevitable original artwork versions appear...... :rolleyes:

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd July 2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 540188)
Any pros and cons you could say about those sets?

I've been wondering if I should get normal editions of 1-3 and 5-6 since they are easy to get and fill the gaps with these mediabooks. Then again, it's annoying to have so mixed set of them... but the mediabooks are so expensive... and if I buy them, I'm sure they'll come up with a new boxset. :rolleyes:

I know the first film is being released soon in America, I wouldn't be surprised if we see individual releases of the sequels after that too.

VeZius 3rd July 2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 540194)
I know the first film is being released soon in America, I wouldn't be surprised if we see individual releases of the sequels after that too.

Yeah, I've noticed that too and been wondering if that'll happen...

I just only now realised though, that it's coming out by Paramount instead of Warner... so maybe there's hope for the sequels too. The first one has always usually been put out by Warner and the sequels by Paramount. Interesting.

Guess it's better to keep holding out on getting these.

Edit: Oh, it seems Warner put out the sequels on BD as well before... well I go by the DVDs I have. They were put out over here differently at least.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd July 2017 08:22 PM

10 Attachment(s)
I recently bought a pile of cheap US discs and butchered them to Blu Ray size!:lol:

Paul@the overlook-any chance you have a picture? :)

If ONLY.....eh? The original artwork on each film was stunning.
As they say.They certainly don't make them like they used to!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd July 2017 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There's a Spanalito bd with nice artwork.....

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd July 2017 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 540199)
There's a Spanalito bd with nice artwork.....

Ah, but which version of the film? I think you should buy it and find out. I just ordered the Spanish blu of The Warriors after it being confirmed as the theatrical version. Until Paramount get of their arse and put it out, it'll do.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd July 2017 08:47 PM

We've been that long without the original cut......

The Spanish BD starts with the comic book pish mate.....