Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The German/French DVD and Blu-ray Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/1017-german-french-dvd-blu-ray-thread.html)

zane 16th October 2012 01:15 PM

Never ordered stuff there, but they sell bootlegs. I don't know if you want to support that.

Cheers,
zane

alex s 17th October 2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 282737)
Never ordered stuff there, but they sell bootlegs. I don't know if you want to support that.

Cheers,
zane

Wasn't aware they were a bootleg operation, and no I won't be supporting them

zane 17th October 2012 12:05 PM

Wouldn't exactly call them a bootleg operation but they sure offer some bootleg editions of - for example - Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, Creepshow or From Beyond.

Are you looking for something special that you can't get at amazon.de, cyber-pirates.org or dtm.at?

WinterMillennium 26th October 2012 09:32 PM

I have done... from overseas they only accept payment by bank transfer, for which my bank charges £15 per transfer, so I wouldn't buy anything I could get anywhere else. very helpful folks though, happy to answer queries and quick to reply. I have seen some complaining about their shipping costs, but they're sending me a particularly heavy boxset by DHL International for only E16.50, so no complaints there

WinterMillennium 26th October 2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinterMillennium (Post 286807)
I have done... from overseas they only accept payment by bank transfer, for which my bank charges £15 per transfer, so I wouldn't buy anything I could get anywhere else. very helpful folks though, happy to answer queries and quick to reply. I have seen some complaining about their shipping costs, but they're sending me a particularly heavy boxset by DHL International for only E16.50, so no complaints there

I probably should add... it hasn't arrived yet :lol: only ordered it early this week though, and I'm assured that it's in the country!

ReturnToZero 31st October 2012 06:14 PM

I've watched the new BD of The Big Gundown and i can say this is a solid release. The film will probably never look as good as this. Fine grain is always present and there is never any signs of digital manipulation.
I chosed the english audio (mono) which was good but if you have problems with dialoge switching to italian with english subtitles at times (especially at the beginning of the film) i would probably chose the italian audio.

Der Gehetzte der Sierra Madre + DVD + Bonus-Disc Blu-ray Limited Edition: Amazon.de: Lee van Cleef, Tomas Milian, Fernando Sancho, Walter Barnes, Sergio Sollima: Filme & TV

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st October 2012 06:29 PM

Found this on Amazon.de....

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/01/ma6a6epu.jpg

The Charles Bronson film Assassination.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st October 2012 06:38 PM

And the crucial question is....that sticker?

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st October 2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 288411)
And the crucial question is....that sticker?

It's reversible :) Managed to see it saying wendecover at the side of the logo.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/01/humudesy.jpg

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st October 2012 06:47 PM

Good man!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st November 2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 288412)
It's reversible :) Managed to see it saying wendecover at the side of the logo.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/01/humudesy.jpg

Forewarned is forearmed and always check the small print!

PaulD 1st November 2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 288412)
It's reversible :) Managed to see it saying wendecover at the side of the logo

Why do I get the feeling you know the words for 'reversible logo' and 'original artwork' in a multitude of foreign languages? :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th November 2012 06:55 PM

EXTERMINATOR 2 'Shipping SOON' on Amazonde.!:woot:

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th November 2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 293716)
EXTERMINATOR 2 'Shipping SOON' on Amazonde.!:woot:

I'll wait as long as it takes. You wait for the film for years.....and 2 editions come along! :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th November 2012 06:58 PM

No they must be packing it...!

Yeah,sods law eh?:rolleyes:

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th November 2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 293724)
No they must be packing it...!

Yeah,sods law eh?:rolleyes:

But......since Cliff from Shout Factory says they have an HD master, I'm pretty confident it'll be on blu-ray....and with the classic artwork. :)

zane 19th November 2012 08:10 PM

TLE (the same guys that the did the transfer for the German Blu-ray of Assault On 13th Precint) are working on brand-new HD scans of Re-Animator, Bride Of Re-Animator and Society :cool: :woot:.

TLEFilms - Film Transfers Scans Grading Color Timing CleanUP Restorations in Picture and Sound -- TRANSFERS / SCANS High Definition Tranfers / Scans: of 16mm, 35mm: Spirit Datacine; Millenium II

And the same guys that did the German Edition of Argentos Inferno are working on a HD edition of Goldblatt's The Punisher (mediabook).

...and don't forget to pre-order the Videodrome Mediabook that is coming out on 31th of november (at the ofdb.de online shop for example, where you can also already pre-order the Scanners digipak).

So many exicting releases :)

Boo Radley 20th November 2012 09:24 PM

Videodrome is out now. I received my copy yesterday, it looks stonking!! (The mediabook, haven't got round to sticking it in a player yet!)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th November 2012 09:25 PM

Give us a few pics please Boo!:pray:

EXTERMINATOR 2 has left the building!:woot:

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th November 2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 294084)
EXTERMINATOR 2 has left the building!:woot:

Mine too. SHOULD be here thursday or friday.

Boo Radley 21st November 2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 294084)
Give us a few pics please Boo!:pray:

I tried to do it on my phone but it just won't log me in!!!! I'll describe it to you.
White mediabook just a couple of millimeters taller than Arrow's slipcase blu's with a front cover that you cannot get a photo of! It's dark blue sparkly with Videodrome written in red across the middle but you have to turn it at an angle to see it. Looks like static on a tv!
Inside front cover holds the dvd and extra disc and the book starts with a drawing of an arm holding a gun coming out of a telly, next page a tv shaped close up of Debbie's lips and teeth followed by the UK cover of Woods getting absorbed into the TV with Debbie's face.
The writting is in German By Christoph Huber, 7 pages with 8 pics, 6 in B&W. Ends with the Japanese cover and another, French?? Back cover of booklet has Cronenburg.
Inside back cover holds the Blu ray.All discs are dark blue/black with title in red.
Back cover has pic of fleshy arm and gun coming out the telly.
The writing on the spine is also sparkly.
If I can suss out why my phone is playing silly buggers I'll try repost of pics later.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st November 2012 01:54 PM

If it looks as good as it sounds, it's a very special release!

zane 21st November 2012 05:33 PM

@Boo
Did you get to copy to do a review or did you actually order it? If so, where?

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd November 2012 05:04 PM

Reaper! Reaper! Reaper!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/23/6yjynymy.jpg

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd November 2012 08:27 PM

As we say in Scotland Stephen......

YA ****IN' DANCER!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Paul@TheOverlook 22nd November 2012 08:29 PM

Does anyone know which cut of the film it is yet?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd November 2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 294584)

:dance::dance::dance:Santa Clause is coming to town....:dance::dance:

Yeah,any info on the cut Stephen?:)

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd November 2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 294665)

No idea. I don't know what was cut from the R-rated version

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd November 2012 09:04 PM

It's a cracker anyway!:woot:

In the words of big Harry,you've made my day!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd November 2012 09:04 PM

Arrived today.
That's Xmas sorted.:cool:

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd November 2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 294941)
Arrived today.
That's Xmas sorted.:cool:

Fantastico.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd November 2012 09:14 PM

You watched it yet mate?

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd November 2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 294951)
You watched it yet mate?

Not yet, so much stuff here to watch. Wouldn't be surprised if the Shout Factory version was out by the time I get around to it. I did have quick scan through it though. It looks better than their Ninja III blu-ray!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd November 2012 09:36 PM

Excellent!

Boo Radley 24th November 2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 294243)
@Boo
Did you get to copy to do a review or did you actually order it? If so, where?

Hi. I pre-ordered it from D&T mailorder Germany at the same time as the Turbine Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. Then they put the date of Videodrome back so I had to wait longer for TCM 2 but they both arrived the other day. I was really chuffed!!
I wish I got sent free discs to review! (Even though I've never reviewed a thing in my life!)

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th November 2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 294665)

Just had a look at the dvd. Really depends what you're asking there Reaper. It's the R-rated cut, which is longer than the old UK version, but then again, it was cut for an R-rating. From what I can find though, the unrated version has never seen the light of day anywhere?

mark meakin 27th November 2012 11:11 AM

Mine arrived today. Great cover artwork, open matte & looks miles better than Ninja III quality wise. The RT is 86:12 PAL, considerably longer than the UK tape & it contains the electrocution cut on the BRAVO screening !:woot:. Looks like the shooting of the old man at the start was possibly reduced to get an 'R' by removing bullet impacts.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th November 2012 04:14 PM

Before 'Santa' took it away from me,it said uncut on the back...or was I tripping again?:madgrin:

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th November 2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 296065)
Before 'Santa' took it away from me,it said uncut on the back...or was I tripping again?:madgrin:

It does say uncut....just means it's the R-rated version and hasn't been cut for Germany.

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th November 2012 04:57 PM

A rape was also cut for the film to get an R. It's nowhere to be seen on the dvd.