LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th August 2012, 05:28 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neal View Post
"Exterminator 2" is no longer listed on the German "Index of restricted Movies" and will be therefore released on DVD over there in October with fairly cool cover artwork :

Exterminator 2 im Oktober von Ascot Elite (Schnittberichte.com)
That looks familiar Bruno!

So no original artwork then.....I'm off to puke up......

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 29th August 2012, 05:30 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

For the non German speakers among us......

After the title has been removed from the index recently announced Ascot Elite for October on a first official DVD release of vigilante Actio former Exterminator 2 in Germany. The movie will be all the unabridged, as rights holders Imperial Pictures has been confirmed.

Because of the omitted indexing is a "Not suitable for young" marking the PM is not a problem, so the logo is also seen to have on the pre-cover, although the FSC audit did not take place.

Exterminator 2 himself was in the VHS edition unaudited and unabridged. Later, an abbreviated 16-Rated version was released (report section). Also in England, the film was cut on VHS only strong (cut report).

Planned release date for the title is the 23.10.2012 on DVD. A Blu-ray is not being considered.

Content: The Exterminator is back! A free man, he walks through the streets of New York and meets an old Army buddy. Together they decide to bring New York's criminal to track. When they killed the brother of a gang boss, Eastlands girlfriend become the target of the transition and dies. Eastland vows revenge and retribution - with a flamethrower! (Ascot Elite)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 29th August 2012, 05:38 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
That looks familiar Bruno!

So no original artwork then.....I'm off to puke up......
Reaper, don't be so hasty! Have you seen the Missing In Action III covers I posted? The reverse has different artwork than the front. We may still see the classic Exterminator 2 art on there.
Old 29th August 2012, 05:41 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Oh right!
Yeah I did see that-so it's the same company?

Perhaps that's why the original artwork is shown below that link from Bruno...

You have given me hope Stephen.

Old 29th August 2012, 05:44 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I hope so too. I was actually surprised when I turned MIA III around, and it was different.
Old 29th August 2012, 05:45 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Reaper, don't be so hasty! Have you seen the Missing In Action III covers I posted? The reverse has different artwork than the front. We may still see the classic Exterminator 2 art on there.
That FSK logo removable on the Braddock cover mate?

Old 29th August 2012, 05:46 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I hope so too. I was actually surprised when I turned MIA III around, and it was different.
That cover is the same as the German audio only ripoff I bought.

Sad thing was,the pic quality wasn't bad and it was in widescreen....

Old 29th August 2012, 05:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

About the Exterminator 2 news - I got some slightly different info from the distributor Ascot Elite.

The film is no longer on the Index and therefore can be submitted to the FSK. They have submitted the uncensored version of the film but the rating has not yet passed - so even though they're trying to release the uncut version and even though it's likely the film will pass uncut (I can't recall a single instance where a film was refused classification after being dropped from the Index) it's not yet a fact!
Old 29th August 2012, 07:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I think you should contact them about it.
Here's their English language customer service center:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/help/custome...&nodeId=505532

Btw seems the info is on the back cover of the dvd as well?

OFDB confirms there's no English audio.
Cheers bdc, contacted them about it on that link and they've refunded me. That'll teach me to go off the info on amazon without checking elsewhere!!
bdc likes this.
Old 29th August 2012, 09:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
About the Exterminator 2 news - I got some slightly different info from the distributor Ascot Elite.

The film is no longer on the Index and therefore can be submitted to the FSK. They have submitted the uncensored version of the film but the rating has not yet passed - so even though they're trying to release the uncut version and even though it's likely the film will pass uncut (I can't recall a single instance where a film was refused classification after being dropped from the Index) it's not yet a fact!
It would certainly be a first- and since the FSK just recently passed "Missing in Action 2" for the very first time fully uncut in Germany after it was dropped from that dreaded list, I'd say it's as good as certain.

Like this? Share it using the links below!