Like Tree1221Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th August 2012, 09:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
That looks familiar Bruno!

So no original artwork then.....I'm off to puke up......
Well, it's pretty close to the look of the original German 80's rental vhs cover art for "Exterminator 2".
Old 29th August 2012, 09:35 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neal View Post
It would certainly be a first- and since the FSK just recently passed "Missing in Action 2" for the very first time fully uncut in Germany after it was dropped from that dreaded list, I'd say it's as good as certain.
Are the various (unofficial) lists online of the Index complete then?

There looks like some quite interesting titles on that list for sure - is the uncut Dawn of the Dead still on that list?
Old 29th August 2012, 10:24 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neal View Post
Well, it's pretty close to the look of the original German 80's rental vhs cover art for "Exterminator 2".
Hopefully this will be the reverse....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Exterminator_2.jpg (29.2 KB, 6 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 29th August 2012, 11:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurosleaze View Post
There looks like some quite interesting titles on that list for sure - is the uncut Dawn of the Dead still on that list?
DotD is banned even - 'beschlagnahmt' (ยง131 StGb) is the German term for that.
Old 30th August 2012, 12:50 AM
Cultist

Quite shocking really just how backward Germany really is when it comes to film classification. The UK has really come a long way in that respect although it isn't perfect, I grant you.
Old 30th August 2012, 01:16 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Quite shocking really just how backward Germany really is when it comes to film classification. The UK has really come a long way in that respect although it isn't perfect, I grant you.
The UK classification system is openly censoring movies - but at least it's admitting it. German politicians like to say that there is no film censorship in Germany, which as we all know is a huge pile of bull... even though it's technically correct since there is no one like the BBFC really censoring the movies.
Old 30th August 2012, 03:59 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
The UK classification system is openly censoring movies - but at least it's admitting it.
TBH, our BBFC is probably one of the most open ones of all the major countries for providing information. They quite happily provide justification and contextual information, even though people might not agree with it.

I can't think of the last film that they rejected that I actually wanted to see. Women in Cellblock 9 in 2004 (which I later saw).

Put it this way, I'd much rather have the BBFC system than the German system, although ideally I'd like neither.
Old 30th August 2012, 11:36 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
TBH, our BBFC is probably one of the most open ones of all the major countries for providing information. They quite happily provide justification and contextual information, even though people might not agree with it.

I can't think of the last film that they rejected that I actually wanted to see. Women in Cellblock 9 in 2004 (which I later saw).

Put it this way, I'd much rather have the BBFC system than the German system, although ideally I'd like neither.
Definitely! The BBFC is open and honest, yu can always find information on cuts and refused classifications which is something that is sometimes very hard to find in Germany.
Old 2nd September 2012, 07:58 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

A better look at Ascot Elite's dvd art for Exterminator 2 (just to annoy Reaper).

Old 2nd September 2012, 08:48 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
Definitely! The BBFC is open and honest, yu can always find information on cuts and refused classifications which is something that is sometimes very hard to find in Germany.
I find it hard to believe how many films which are quite tame by today's standards are still banned in Germany and, even though it's in perfect, the BBFC is still head and shoulders above just about every classification/censorship body in the Western world.

I recently saw This Film Is Not yet Rated for the first time and was stunned by how secretive, unaccountable and corrupt the MPAA is when it comes to dealing with sexual content in films and with independent and studio films. If you haven't seen it, it's essential viewing.

Like this? Share it using the links below!