Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree542Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th August 2020, 03:19 PM
Cult Master

"After the success of their Horror 4-Film collection, Warner Archive will be releasing a Film Noir 4-Film collection on September 15!"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd August 2020, 09:37 AM
Cult Acolyte

Two failed Gene Roddenberry TV Pilots released September
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Genesis_PL.jpg (86.0 KB, 11 views)
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 2nd September 2020, 06:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

The WAC podcast was a response to fan letters/requests. A user on Blurage summarised this in regard to pre-code horror releases:

Pre-code horror films: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Freaks, Fu Manchu movies: Freaks - only fourth generation elements at Warner; there is a plan for Freaks in the future nothing more to announce at the moment / Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde as well as the Spencer Tracy remake - a lot of demand - will require a lot of work and they are looking for better elements some very very promising discussions though / The Mask of Fu Manchu - nothing to announce regarding this title and Mark of the Vampire - George would love to do them on BD and they are logical consequences for the future but they would be costly and as always nothing to announce yet
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 2nd September 2020, 07:22 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde! Freddie March?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th November 2020, 05:12 AM
Cult Master

'THE CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN' (1957) - 2 DISC SPECIAL EDITION Coming soon from Warner Archive Collection

"The first, and perhaps the best of the long-running series of horror films from the house of Hammer, Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee star in this landmark interpretation based on the famous Mary Shelley story. Baron Victor Frankenstein becomes friends with one of his teachers, Paul Krempe. At first, both men are fascinated by the potential of their re-animating experiments. Eventually, though, Krempe refuses to help with Frankenstein's human experiments. However, he is drawn back into the plot when Frankenstein's creature kills a member of the house staff. For its U.S. Blu-ray debut, Warner Archive is proud to present this deluxe 2 Disc Special Edition, featuring two theatrical aspect ratio presentations, meticulously remastered and restored from preservation separations, as well as bonus disc with the restoration presented in "open-matte" format, as was seen for years on television, plus four exciting new retrospective featurettes, an expert commentary, and the original theatrical trailer."

Special Features:
  • New feature commentary by Screenwriter/Film Historian Steve Haberman and Filmmaker/Film Historian Constantine Nasr,
  • Newly Remastered 1.37:1 Open Matte version of feature.
  • The Resurrection Men: Hammer, Frankenstein and the Rebirth of the Horror Film,
  • Hideous Progeny: The Curse of Frankenstein and the English Gothic Tradition,
  • Torrents of Light: The Art of Jack Asher,
  • Diabolus in Musica: James Bernard and the Sound of Hammer Horror,
  • Original Theatrical Trailer (HD)
  • New 2020 1080p HD Restoration Masters from 4K Scans of Preservation Separation Elements
  • Run Time: 83:00
  • Subtitles: English SDH
  • Audio Specs: DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
  • Aspect Ratio: Disc One-1.85:1-16x9 Widescreen and 1.66:1-16x9 Widescreen
  • Product Color: COLOR
  • Disc Configuration: 2-BD 50

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 6th November 2020, 08:06 AM
Cult Acolyte

Oh Yeeeeah! Fracking awesome!
Old 6th November 2020, 09:03 AM
Cult Acolyte

I'll wait to see how much of an improvement this is over the Icon release, but given that this is a 4K remaster I think the upgrade is probably a foregone conclusion
Old 6th November 2020, 05:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'THE CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN' (1957) - 2 DISC SPECIAL EDITION Coming soon from Warner Archive Collection

"The first, and perhaps the best of the long-running series of horror films from the house of Hammer, Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee star in this landmark interpretation based on the famous Mary Shelley story. Baron Victor Frankenstein becomes friends with one of his teachers, Paul Krempe. At first, both men are fascinated by the potential of their re-animating experiments. Eventually, though, Krempe refuses to help with Frankenstein's human experiments. However, he is drawn back into the plot when Frankenstein's creature kills a member of the house staff. For its U.S. Blu-ray debut, Warner Archive is proud to present this deluxe 2 Disc Special Edition, featuring two theatrical aspect ratio presentations, meticulously remastered and restored from preservation separations, as well as bonus disc with the restoration presented in "open-matte" format, as was seen for years on television, plus four exciting new retrospective featurettes, an expert commentary, and the original theatrical trailer."

Special Features:
  • New feature commentary by Screenwriter/Film Historian Steve Haberman and Filmmaker/Film Historian Constantine Nasr,
  • Newly Remastered 1.37:1 Open Matte version of feature.
  • The Resurrection Men: Hammer, Frankenstein and the Rebirth of the Horror Film,
  • Hideous Progeny: The Curse of Frankenstein and the English Gothic Tradition,
  • Torrents of Light: The Art of Jack Asher,
  • Diabolus in Musica: James Bernard and the Sound of Hammer Horror,
  • Original Theatrical Trailer (HD)
  • New 2020 1080p HD Restoration Masters from 4K Scans of Preservation Separation Elements
  • Run Time: 83:00
  • Subtitles: English SDH
  • Audio Specs: DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
  • Aspect Ratio: Disc One-1.85:1-16x9 Widescreen and 1.66:1-16x9 Widescreen
  • Product Color: COLOR
  • Disc Configuration: 2-BD 50

Old 6th November 2020, 07:38 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'll have one of those please!

Think it'll find it's way to the Premium Collection?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th November 2020, 07:42 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Any date?

Make a cracking pressie for moi!

Like this? Share it using the links below!