Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree542Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th April 2021, 05:13 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Personally i don't care if we don't get a commemoration of Daffy Duck's anniversary.

It's not like say Casablanca's anniversary. They are after all five minute short cartoons which have all had releases anyway on dvd and bd.
Old 24th April 2021, 05:20 PM
Cult Addict

I don't think Daffy duck's on a U.K blu ray.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Last edited by nosferatu42; 24th April 2021 at 05:32 PM.
Old 24th April 2021, 05:32 PM
Cult Addict

Also Daffy Duck's funnier...

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 12th May 2021, 08:35 PM
Cult Master

'Guns for San Sebastian' (1968) - Coming to Blu-Ray from Warner Archive Collection

Release date: June 15

"Anthony Quinn and Charles Bronson star in an action-packed Western that explodes with passion, excitement and fiery intensity.

Leon Alastray (Quinn), a rebel on the run from the Mexican Army, escapes to the remote village of San Sebastian, where the locals believe he’s a holy man. But when Leon discovers that the area has been devastated by savage Yaqui attacks, he knows he cannot hide the warrior within himself. Revealing his true identity, he leads villagers against the deadly threat, while at the same time battling another enemy: Teclo (Bronson), an antagonist with a shocking secret of his own. As the tension mounts, the people of San Sebastian prepare for an explosive fight to regain their courage...and reclaim their town"

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • Vintage Featurette
  • Theatrical Trailer

Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 12th May 2021, 08:38 PM
Cult Master

'There Was A Crooked Man' (1970) - Coming to Blu-ray from Warner Archive Collection!

Release date: June 8

"Arizona Territorial Prison inmate Paris Pitman, Jr. is a schemer, a charmer and quite popular among his fellow convicts – especially with $500,000 in stolen loot hidden away and a plan to escape and recover it. New warden Woodward Lopeman has other ideas about Pitman. Each man will have the tables turned on him

Academy Award winner Joseph L. Mankiewicz cleverly lassos a twisting, turning Wild West tale of brawls, chases, shootouts and wry wit, courtesy of a script by David Newman and Robert Benton (Bonnie and Clyde).

Kirk Douglas as Pitman and Henry Fonda as Lopeman headline a sterling cast, with Hume Cronyn, Burgess Meredith, Warren Oates and Lee Grant among the solid support. Boisterous yet blistering, lighthearted yet lacerating, There Was a Crooked Man is, throughout all its moods, devilishly entertaining"

Demoncrat likes this.

Old 13th May 2021, 08:55 PM
Cult Master

'Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory' (1971) - 4K Ultra HD Zavvi Exclusive Ultimate Collector's Edition pre-order available - £37:99

Release date: June 28

'Rediscover the magic of Roald Dahl’s family classic about the legendary Candy Man, Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder). This dazzling musical, filled with incredible chocolate waterfalls, Oompa-Loompas and industrial-sized confections, never fails to enchant both young and old.'

This 50th Anniversary Ultimate Collector’s Edition includes:
  • Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory on 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray
  • O-sleeve with unique artwork and a premium finish
  • Rigid Slipcase designed as a Wonka Bar from the movie with a premium foil finish
  • Premium Collectables including:
  • Golden Ticket foil replica
  • Double-sided A3 poster
  • 32-page booklet
  • Character art cards

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Willy Wonka.jpg (94.4 KB, 10 views)

Old 16th May 2021, 08:57 AM
Cult Acolyte

Watched the Blu ray of DOCTOR X last night.
Absolutely glorious! Looks amazing!
Demoncrat, nosferatu42 and Rob4 like this.
Old 21st June 2021, 04:32 PM
Cult Master

'The Herculoids' Complete Original Series coming soon

No, nor have I!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Herculoids.jpg (42.1 KB, 8 views)
nosferatu42 likes this.

Old 17th August 2021, 10:29 PM
Cult Master

'A Night at the Opera' (1935) - Coming to Blu-ray from Warner Archive Collection

Release date: September 28

MORE INFO TBA!

Driftwood: I can read but I can't see it. Don't seem to have it in focus here. (Moving the contract closer to and further from his face.) If my arms were a little longer I could read it...You haven't got a baboon in your pocket have you? Ah. Now I've got it. Now pay particular attention to this first section because it's most important. It says, "The party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the party of the first part." How do you like that? That's pretty neat, eh?

Fiorello: No. It's no good.

Driftwood: What's the matter with it?

Fiorello: I don't know, let's hear it again.

Driftwood: Says, "The party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the party of the first part."

Fiorello: Sounds a little better this time.

Driftwood: Well, it grows on you...Would you like to hear it once more?

Fiorello: Ah...Just the first part.

Driftwood: What do you mean, the party of the first part?

Fiorello: No. The first part of the party of the first part.

Driftwood: Alright it says the umm..."The first part of the party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the first part of the party of the first part, shall be known in this contract...LOOK...why should we quarrel about a thing like this. We'll take it right out eh? (Tears off sections of contract.)

Fiorello: Ha ha, it's too long anyhow! (rip rip) Now what do we got left?

Driftwood: Well, I've got about a foot and a half. Now it says, "The party of the second part shall be know in this contract as the party of the second part."

Fiorello: Well I don't know about that.

Driftwood: NOW what's the matter?

Fiorello: I don't like the second party either.

Driftwood: Well you should have been at the first party, we didn't get home till around four in the morning...I was blind for three days.

Fiorello: Ay...Look, why can't the first part of the second party be the second part of the first party? Thena you got something!

Driftwood: Well look...ah...Rather than go through all that again, what do you say? (Tears off another section.)

Fiorello: Fine.

Driftwood: Now...ah...Now I've got something here you're bound to like. You'll be crazy about it.

Fiorello: No, I don't like it.

Driftwood: You don't like what?

Fiorello: Whatever it is, I don't like it.

Driftwood: Well let's not break up an old friendship over a thing like that! Ready?

Fiorello: Okay. (rip) Now the next part I don't think you're gonna like.

Driftwood: Well your word's good enough for me...Now then, is my word good enough for you?

Fiorello: I should say not.

Driftwood: Well that takes out two more clauses. (rip) Now the party of the eighth part...

Fiorello: No. Nooo. (rip)

Driftwood: No? The party of the ninth...

Fiorello: No, that's no good too. (rip) Hey, how is it my contract is skinnier than yours?

Driftwood: I dunno, you musta been out on a tear last night. But anyhow we're all set now, aren't we?

Fiorello: Ah, sure.

Driftwood: Now just eh...(hands Fiorello a pen) Put your name right down there and then the deal is eh...Then the deal is legal.

Fiorello: Eh, I forgot to tell you. I can't write.

Driftwood: (shaking the pen) Well that's okay, there's no ink in the pen anyhow. But listen, it's a contract, isn't it?

Fiorello: Oh sure. You bet.

Driftwood: We've got a contract, no matter how small it is!

Fiorello: Hey wait, wait! What does this say here? This thing here?

Driftwood: Oh that. Oh that's the usual clause...that's in every contract. That just says...eh...it says...eh..."If any of the parties participating in this contract are shown not to be in their right mind, the entire agreement is automatically nullified."

Fiorello: Well, I don't know...

Driftwood: It's alright, that's in every contract! That's what they call a "sanity clause."

Fiorello: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...you can't fool me. There ain't no sanity clause!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Night At The Opera.jpg (20.8 KB, 9 views)

Old 23rd September 2021, 08:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Val Lewton's Bedlam / Ghost Ship double bill coming from WA in October

Also according to CHFB Children of the Damned will also be arriving in October but no artwork for that yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bedlam_Ghost.jpg (54.8 KB, 6 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!