Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th November 2013, 02:54 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Grindhouse have announced that they have sold through all remaining stock of An American Hippie in Israel. This means that all retailers will not be getting any more stock from the distributor as there isn't any!

Anyone still yet to pick this up would be wise to buy a copy in the near future.
Old 19th November 2013, 08:28 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I really liked it - really didn't know what to spect going in.

Just to clarify, are you talking about the three-disc version specifically or the film on general? It was my understanding that there was a limited quantity of the three discer and that would be superseded by a regular edition.
Old 19th November 2013, 08:56 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Just the current three discer release (as it was limited to 2000 copies).

I haven't heard when/if a re-release will follow... maybe they aren't expecting massive sales on this one and will not press more (as with all companies minimum pressing quantities would have to be in largish batches). I'm only speculating though, but a title like 'Hippie' has an extremely niche market.
Old 19th November 2013, 06:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Grindhouse have announced that they have sold through all remaining stock of An American Hippie in Israel. This means that all retailers will not be getting any more stock from the distributor as there isn't any!

Anyone still yet to pick this up would be wise to buy a copy in the near future.
Cheers for the heads up. Been meaning to buy this but there was always something else that took priority. Ordered!
Old 19th November 2013, 06:53 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Nothing I've heard, read or know about the film holds any appeal for me whatsoever....but even then because of the label and the rarity I nearly bought it....it took all the self-control I could muster not to. Sad, sad obsessive.
Boo Radley likes this.
Old 19th November 2013, 07:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Any news on the release date of the Pieces Blu Ray announced months ago?
Old 9th January 2015, 01:18 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Okay, The Beyond I can slightly understand with Arrow's release and all (hoping Grindhouse's version looks a little better) but how is this place not talking about Massacre Mafia Style and Gone With The Pope finally getting released? On blu-ray no less!

Grindhouse Releasing has detailed the Blu-ray release of Duke Mitchell's Massacre Mafia Style (1978), which stars Mitchell, Vic Caesar, Lorenzo Dodo and Fred Otash. The film makes its Blu-ray debut on February 10, 2015.

Official Synopsis: Italian-American actor and nightclub singer Duke Mitchell wrote, produced, directed and starred in this homemade answer to The Godfather, self-financed with earnings from his career as the self-proclaimed "Mr. Palm Springs." Previously known for his Martin and Lewis act with Sammy Petrillo as seen in Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla, Duke plays the ruthless son of a Mafia kingpin who blasts his way through Hollywood on a bloody crime spree. Promising "more guts, more action, more dynamite" than the Mario Puzo gangster classic, Massacre Mafia Style delivers an onslaught of low-budget mayhem unlike anything you've ever seen.

The Blu-ray release of Massacre Mafia Style features a new high definition digital restoration of the film's original director's cut and mono soundtrack, utilizing the original film elements. Special features include:
Interviews with Jeffrey Mitchell, Frankie Ray, George Jacobs, Jim LoBianco, and exploitation legend Matt Cimber
Almost one full hour of never-before-seen Duke Mitchell home movies
Lost audio recording – Duke Mitchell Live in Concert, June 9, 1960
Bonus TV special – An Impressionistic Tribute to Jimmy Durante
Extensive still galleries, radio spots, and theatrical trailer
Glossy booklet with rare photos and liner notes by author David Szulkin
Spectacular new cover painting by renowned Los Angeles cult artist Dave Lebow
Beautiful embossed slip cover
And other surprises!

Independent U.S. distributors Grindhouse Releasing have released a brand new trailer confirming that director Duke Mitchell's cult crime film Gone with the Pope will be released on Blu-ray in March. Technical specs and supplemental features to be included with this upcoming release are yet to be revealed.

Duke Mitchell was an Italian Rudy Ray Moore, a popular nightclub performer, singer, actor, and self-proclaimed "Mr. Palm Springs" whose long-running Martin & Lewis-style comedy act with partner Sammy Petrillo was featured in BELA LUGOSI MEETS A BROOKLYN GORILLA. Mitchell went on to use his talents and show business connections to produce two of the most entertaining films of the Seventies, which he wrote, directed, produced, scored and starred in.

GONE WITH THE POPE stars Duke Mitchell as Paul, a gangster with an unholy scheme: to kidnap the pope and charge "a dollar from every Catholic in the world" as the ransom. Shot in 1975 as KISS THE RING, GONE WITH THE POPE was unfinished at the time of Duke Mitchell's death in 1981.

Sage Stallone and Bob Murawski of Grindhouse Releasing rediscovered GONE WITH THE POPE in 1995 and vowed to save it from obscurity. Academy Award-winning film editor Murawski (THE HURT LOCKER, SPIDER-MAN 1,2 & 3) spent 15 years completing GONE WITH THE POPE from the surviving film elements.
Old 9th January 2015, 10:49 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I will get these but they will be a totally blind buy for me. I think the lack of enthusiasm is due to the relative obscurity of these titles. There are probably only a couple of Labbers that have ever seen MMS and no one has seen GWTP.
But Hey, if Grindhouse release it, I'll buy it!
Old 9th January 2015, 12:06 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I've never heard of either film, nor Duke Mitchell actually.
Old 9th January 2015, 12:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Me neither
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!