Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd April 2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold6082 (Post 400943)
I Won't be buying anymore 88 films Blu releases. You wouldn't buy a mars bar and expect to find it half eaten. You expect to get what you pay for and at £14 + p &p it seems it wasn't worth a brass razoo.

Oh, I'll still be buying them. No way am I not doing without Sherilyn Fenn in HD. :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd April 2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 400937)
I have no idea what's going on without release. If it was Arrow, people would be raising hell – just like what you started when you pointed out the missing six seconds in Zombie Flesh Eaters!

I think due to Arrow being a voice on here for so long it seemed acceptable to voice strong opinions of their releases. 88 Films are also on here, but you wouldn't know it, therefore no one really gives a toss on this forum due to their lack of presence.

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd April 2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 400946)
I think due to Arrow being a voice on here for so long it seemed acceptable to voice strong opinions of their releases. 88 Films are also on here, but you wouldn't know it, therefore no one really gives a toss on this forum due to their lack of presence.

88 Films aren't on here now. Hence no official section for them.

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd April 2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 400947)
88 Films aren't on here now. Hence no official section for them.

Thanks Stephen. I wasn't sure if they'd left or just given up with it whilst still being a partner.

It's no different though from when they were on here regarding interaction on the forum.

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd April 2014 05:52 PM

88 Films Upcoming releases

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 400948)
It's no different though from when they were on here regarding interaction on the forum.

You got that right! It's disappointing really. I'm a big Full Moon fan, and I said it would be great if 88 were a part of the community, and then then came and hardly ever posted.

plasterface 22nd April 2014 06:46 PM

plastered

i wonder what has been cut

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd April 2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 400957)
i wonder what has been cut

Shortened scene of Tanya & Jocelyn when the first see the "wife" mannequin - missing dialogue of Tanya at the door saying she can see someone out there, and Jocelyn's reply.

The scene of Joceyln answering the ringing telephone and walking to the door and going outside is missing (in it's place is the scene of Jocelyn pacing up and down, turning on the music at the wife mannequin and playing with the dress)

2min 23sec scene of Jocelyn tied to the bed and Chuck Conners telling her what's going on, to treat him right, etc. is missing (in it's place is the scene with her in the bed and being given a drink of water by the woman).

When Jocelyn is on the mattress later, the part of that scene where conners gets up and goes back down to her and tells her he can't let her go and she'll have to join the others, is missing.

plasterface 22nd April 2014 08:40 PM

bah

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 400959)
Shortened scene of Tanya & Jocelyn when the first see the "wife" mannequin - missing dialogue of Tanya at the door saying she can see someone out there, and Jocelyn's reply.

The scene of Joceyln answering the ringing telephone and walking to the door and going outside is missing (in it's place is the scene of Jocelyn pacing up and down, turning on the music at the wife mannequin and playing with the dress)

2min 23sec scene of Jocelyn tied to the bed and Chuck Conners telling her what's going on, to treat him right, etc. is missing (in it's place is the scene with her in the bed and being given a drink of water by the woman).

When Jocelyn is on the mattress later, the part of that scene where conners gets up and goes back down to her and tells her he can't let her go and she'll have to join the others, is missing.

That's really bad , absolutely pointless cuts. Guess it'll be a case of like it or lump it on the blu, because i highly doubt they'll ammend it. Worth keeping an eye on in case they get scissor happy with any other releases.

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd April 2014 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 400968)
That's really bad , absolutely pointless cuts. Guess it'll be a case of like it or lump it on the blu, because i highly doubt they'll ammend it. Worth keeping an eye on in case they get scissor happy with any other releases.

Yeah, strange because they've move 2 scenes around.

They did make a minor change to Dollman. In the laundromat scene, the close up on Tim Thomerson's face, when the hostage taker falls with the fat women on top of him. The scene, on the vhs and dvd originally shook, as if the fat women had been so heavy as to make the whole image shake. It doesn't shake on the blu-ray. A minor thing, but I noticed it straight away.

plasterface 22nd April 2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 400969)
Yeah, strange because they've move 2 scenes around.

They did make a minor change to Dollman. In the laundromat scene, the close up on Tim Thomerson's face, when the hostage taker falls with the fat women on top of him. The scene, on the vhs and dvd originally shook, as if the fat women had been so heavy as to make the whole image shake. It doesn't shake on the blu-ray. A minor thing, but I noticed it straight away.

it's annoying , next they'll be re-releasing their films with added drugs references , oh hang on a second....