Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th May 2015, 07:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

No doubt about it 88 are doing stirling work they just need to work on their PR skills and occasionaly answer peoples questions.

This morning was rather amusing, I checked Facebook while on my bus into York and saw the post about 88 signing a new slasher. Immediatly people were saying Mutilator, Calum added that it definetly wasn't that as Arrow have the rights. Hours later people were still saying Mutilator, I know I've said before that many people that seem to comment on Facebook posts are *special* but read the previous comments for flip sake! So today I have been called a dickhead and told from someone in Brooklyn that it's easy to make comments through a computer that I wouldn't say to their face. Yes I would actually still say the same thing 'read previous comments and it isn't fu*king Mutilator!'
Old 20th May 2015, 12:04 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
No doubt about it 88 are doing stirling work they just need to work on their PR skills and occasionaly answer peoples questions.

This morning was rather amusing, I checked Facebook while on my bus into York and saw the post about 88 signing a new slasher. Immediatly people were saying Mutilator, Calum added that it definetly wasn't that as Arrow have the rights. Hours later people were still saying Mutilator, I know I've said before that many people that seem to comment on Facebook posts are *special* but read the previous comments for flip sake! So today I have been called a dickhead and told from someone in Brooklyn that it's easy to make comments through a computer that I wouldn't say to their face. Yes I would actually still say the same thing 'read previous comments and it isn't fu*king Mutilator!'
But just one question... is it Mutilator?

I hear ya, one look through the comments on Youtube etc. show that people just don't get the idea of 'communication' anymore, they disregard anything that contravenes their own ideas and prattle on as if they are Arnie with a mini-gun challenging anything in the way, but what seems to happening with 88 is a bit different(at least on a moderated forum like this) as a group we seem to be pointing out a weak spot in the companies PR, I doubt right now there is a better thought of label than 88 on here even with what's going on, so once this glitch is overcome we can get back to normal and look forward to what 88 has planned for the future.
Old 20th May 2015, 07:19 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

FB is a double-edged sword for companies like 88. On the one hand they want to reach as many people as possible with news of their releases (and FB is arguably the best way to do this whether you like it or not), but on the other you have to deal with a site that panders to the lazy and 'on-the-go' generation who use it as a hub to get all of their news/gossip in one convenient place and to then blurt out their opinion/grievance against the world after which they can sign-off and repeat again the next day/in a few hours. It's basically a one stop shop. This fact in itself means that the majority of people just don't take the time to read anything anymore, it's all just soapbox rant kind of stuff ergo breeding ignorance and stupidity. Someone should do a scientific study on it.

I guess if nothing else the guys at 88 get some good laughs from some of the idiots who do post, although it must get really frustrating for them at times.
keirarts likes this.
Old 20th May 2015, 07:30 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
FB is a double-edged sword for companies like 88. On the one hand they want to reach as many people as possible with news of their releases (and FB is arguably the best way to do this whether you like it or not), but on the other you have to deal with a site that panders to the lazy and 'on-the-go' generation who use it as a hub to get all of their news/gossip in one convenient place and to then blurt out their opinion/grievance against the world after which they can sign-off and repeat again the next day/in a few hours. It's basically a one stop shop. This fact in itself means that the majority of people just don't take the time to read anything anymore, it's all just soapbox rant kind of stuff ergo breeding ignorance and stupidity. Someone should do a scientific study on it.

I guess if nothing else the guys at 88 get some good laughs from some of the idiots who do post, although it must get really frustrating for them at times.
There must be days when 88 Films are asked 20 different questions and, if neither Richard nor James is on Facebook that day, one of the inquisitive parties will be demanding an answer to a question which hasn't even been read.
keirarts likes this.
Old 20th May 2015, 05:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

They have posted screenshots of Anthropophagus. And why did I pre-order it paying the full price?
Old 20th May 2015, 05:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Those and the ones from yesterday for ZH seem to be drawing out the "Screencap Police"
keirarts likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th May 2015, 05:49 PM
Cult Master

Can someone post the screens here please.
keirarts likes this.
Old 20th May 2015, 05:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Those and the ones from yesterday for ZH seem to be drawing out the "Screencap Police"
Zombi Holocaust looks great. Anthropophagus looks like shite, really.
Old 20th May 2015, 05:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Can someone post the screens here please.
Here you go:

Old 20th May 2015, 05:55 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
Here you go:

Cheers Antro
keirarts and Antropophagus like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!