Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16555Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th May 2015, 12:43 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
No no feel free to disagree with me I just think we need to maybe reign in some of our expectations. Arrow and the like have time and money on their side 88 don't, don't forget Calum has said previously as have Camera Obscura that the Italian labs can work to specifications that the customers set down. Maybe 88 need to be more specific?
I think only with a very large amount of time, money, and specific care to the film, can it achieve it's best. Standard labs I think will never be able to bring out the best in an exploitation film, and as a result that's when I expect a film to never look good, until it escapes a standard lab into a specific labels' hands for specific restoration, like VinSyn and Arrow.

I never expected the Italian collection to be good. That's why I've remained quiet on this issue, because yes Anthro looks fairly poor and digital, and Blade not as bad, but just really lacking in detail, that I guessed all of these would be produced in Italian labs, so they wouldn't look great.
Steel76 and Antropophagus like this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 28th May 2015, 04:52 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
don't forget Calum has said previously as have Camera Obscura that the Italian labs can work to specifications that the customers set down. Maybe 88 need to be more specific?
I have heard about this a couple of times before. Don't know what to say, I would imagine those labs has 2 buttons on the scanner, scanner noise on / scanner noise off. And they press whetever button the labels tell them to press

Just kidding.
Steel76 likes this.
Old 28th May 2015, 02:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Just saw these pics on blu-ray.com forums

Don't look very bad, do they?
JAMIOUSE, Steel76 and keirarts like this.
Old 29th May 2015, 11:42 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Some of this tech chat is beyond me i admit, however it amuses me somewhat.

When i collected vhs in the eighties and nineties i and many others like me could only dream (and then be heavily mocked) about seeing a copy of Anthro and films of that ilk looking as good as the Shriek Show dvd, never mind a hi-def transfer. In fact words such as hi-def didn't exist back then among the vhs collectors market.

Purchasing these films often ran into the tens of pounds for originals, not a tenner or twenty but anywhere from £50 upwards...and all for a film you could barely make out on the tv screen once you got it home.

I suppose the point i'm trying to make is that we've never had it so good for collecting the films we love (Well perhaps 2001-06, but you get my point).

Whoever releases the films and where ever they are mastered they'll always look fantastic in comparison to the vhs.

As for paying £25 for Anthro looking spick and span.

This isn't a dig at anyone i promise. It's just a post that tries to put things into a little perspective.
Old 29th May 2015, 11:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Spot on
keirarts likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 29th May 2015, 11:56 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Couldn't agree more Dem. Even though I never really collected VHS, cos I didn't like the format. But when DVDs hit the market, I was among the first to get on that bandwagon. Had to buy a DVD drive and one of those "DVD cards" to install in a PC, cos back then very few people had powerful enough PCs to be able to run DVDs smoothly!
keirarts likes this.

YouTube | Letterboxd | Facebook
Old 30th May 2015, 09:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Has this been announced? I can't be arsed trawling back through all the pages of technical bollox to check

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433020010.425928.jpg
keirarts likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th May 2015, 09:17 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Default The 88 Films Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Has this been announced? I can't be arsed trawling back through all the pages of technical bollox to check

Attachment 165233

Not officially announced but was predicted by a lot of people following 88's "don't lose your head" clue. Wonder how this guy knows?
keirarts likes this.
Old 30th May 2015, 09:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default The 88 Films Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Not officially announced but was predicted by a lot of people following 88's "don't lose your head" clue. Wonder how this guy knows?

Yeah, including me ha ha, forgot!

It's up on Amazon

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433021045.066244.jpg
Old 30th May 2015, 10:39 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Yeah, including me ha ha, forgot!

It's up on Amazon

Attachment 165234
bill olsen is going to foam at the mouth and shit sideways

Like this? Share it using the links below!