All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16557Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th September 2015, 02:05 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold6082 View Post
I was never a huge fan of the original creepshow except the Leslie Nielson segment "something to tide you over"

I however love the second one particularly the raft & Hitchhiker,old chief woodenhead was just "average" always have loved the film was one of my favourite VHS tapes as a kid. Pleased to hear it is hitting HD from a company who will give it the love it deserves.

not quite sure how it fits in though unless it is a standalone release it's not a slasher and it's certainly not Italian
They announce recently there's going to be a third line to run alongside Slashers and Italian. Wonder if Creepshow 2 will be part of this?
keirarts likes this.
Old 11th September 2015, 02:07 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
They announce recently there's going to be a third line to run alongside Slashers and Italian. Wonder if Creepshow 2 will be part of this?
I thought they already (semi) had two sidelines for the Full Moon stuff and also Troma? They're not numbered or bannered though I guess.
Old 11th September 2015, 02:27 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I thought they already (semi) had two sidelines for the Full Moon stuff and also Troma? They're not numbered or bannered though I guess.
About a month ago Calum posted on Twitter: "There will be a new @88_films sub label coming soon (ala slashers and Italian). Any guesses?"

Nothing announce so far as far as I'm aware.
keirarts likes this.
Old 11th September 2015, 03:50 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
About a month ago Calum posted on Twitter: "There will be a new @88_films sub label coming soon (ala slashers and Italian). Any guesses?"

Nothing announce so far as far as I'm aware.
I'd love for it to be a Spanish horror line.

That particular nugget has been pretty much unmined on Blu. Although, there is the problem with masters (both the expense and the quality of materials), plus the fact that they tend not to be big sellers... look what happened to BCI.
Old 11th September 2015, 04:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I'd love for it to be a Spanish horror line.

That particular nugget has been pretty much unmined on Blu. Although, there is the problem with masters (both the expense and the quality of materials), plus the fact that they tend not to be big sellers... look what happened to BCI.
The majority of those BCI releases looked stunning on dvd. They wouldn't need much to make the jump to blu. I'd say some if not all those dvd's would look better than some of the blu's that have been released such as Anthro.
Old 11th September 2015, 04:25 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The majority of those BCI releases looked stunning on dvd. They wouldn't need much to make the jump to blu. I'd say some if not all those dvd's would look better than some of the blu's that have been released such as Anthro.
I think it's more the cost to license them that is cost prohibitive - even though he's niche on physical media a lot of Naschy films are reportedly extortionately expensive to license. Plus, buying rights to a film doesn't necessarily guarantee you a certain master. You may get stuck with a mouldy, old degraded negative of a cut print with no sound or a digitally enhanced mess. Any additional clean-up work / searching for new or additional materials would then incur more cost.

From memory though, I think those BCI DVDs were sourced from HD masters (obviously downgraded when put on DVD). They certainly had HD masters for Night of the Werewolf and Vengeance of the Zombies as those two were actually released on Blu as a double feature. It's safe to assume that if BCI hadn't of folded then the others would have been released too.
Old 11th September 2015, 04:52 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The Spanish Collection would look beautiful next to The Italian Collection, and there are loads of films which are well overdue top notch releases.
Crimson Blade and keirarts like this.
Old 11th September 2015, 06:10 PM
Active Cultist

We're already spoiled for choice as far as horror goes, so I'm hoping for something a little different.

Some kind of VHS-era action and thriller collection would be most welcome, for example. I had assumed the American Ninja box set was 88's method of testing the waters before committing to such a label.
keirarts and J Harker like this.
Old 11th September 2015, 06:27 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Doc View Post
We're already spoiled for choice as far as horror goes, so I'm hoping for something a little different.

Some kind of VHS-era action and thriller collection would be most welcome, for example. I had assumed the American Ninja box set was 88's method of testing the waters before committing to such a label.

I was hoping for a late night softcore thriller label lol. We could get titles like the Body Chemistry movies. In fact, a while ago I suggested these, but I was shot down straight away.
Justin101, TJ Doc, PaulD and 3 others like this.
Old 11th September 2015, 06:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Anyway.
You can't beat a cannibalistic tarpaulin munching on teenagers.....

THE RAFT is deffo my favourite installment of the three episodes?

What about the rest of you?

The Raft,Old Chief Woodenhead or The Hitch-hiker?
I remember one film reviewer comparing the monster in The Raft to a giant black bin bag.

Like this? Share it using the links below!