Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree16549Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th September 2015, 03:54 PM
Cult Master

From FaceBook:

"So here's some more updates about the feature length documentary we'll be including with CHILDREN OF THE CORN.

THE LIFE, LEGEND AND LEGACY OF DONALD P, BORCHERS is a look at one of Hollywood's most unfairly unrecognised B-movie mavericks. For over three decades, Donald P. Borchers has been front and centre of indie filmmaking, overseeing the development and production of such cult classics as ANGEL, BEASTMASTER, CHILDREN OF THE CORN, CRIMES OF PASSION, VAMP, TWO MOON JUNCTION, DESIRE AND HELL AT SUNSET MOTEL, DOPPLEGANGER and many, many, many more.

This is the story of a life spent sacrificing it all to give audiences the thrill of genre sexiness and big screen shocks - on a budget! Featuring extensive interview time from Borchers himself, and contributions from colleagues such as actor Corey Feldman (MEATBALLS 4), director Richard Wenk (VAMP), Concrete Blonde singer Johnette Napolitano, composer Jonathan Elisa (CHILDREN OF THE CORN), effects artist Kevin Kutchaver, stuntwoman Kathy Long and many more this is the perfect accompanyment to a very special 88 Films release!"

Children of the Corn Trilogy - Collectors Edition (Blu-ray) – 88 Films

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 18th September 2015, 07:24 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Live Like a Cop Die Like a Man now down to £8.99 on Amazon & HMV.
keirarts likes this.
Old 18th September 2015, 02:55 PM
Active Cultist

From 88s Facebook.....

Would you guys be interested in seeing Intruder in our slasher Collection? We have the rights but the materials are quite expensive and we're not sure how big the demand is? We'd need to sell about 1000 copies to break even.

Found on Twitter.....

Just added a Limited number of Zombi Holocaust and Graduation Day T-Shirt's to the website! £15 each! All Size LARGE
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th September 2015, 02:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Intruder on UKBD, okay with nice exclusive extras, as for 1000 sales if Anthro and ZH shifted that many then I would say go for it.
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th September 2015, 02:09 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Intruder on UKBD, okay with nice exclusive extras, as for 1000 sales if Anthro and ZH shifted that many then I would say go for it.
Hellgate and Hell Comes to Frogtown were limited to 1000 copies when released by Arrow Video and sold out quite quickly – Intruder is better than both.
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th September 2015, 02:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

But 90% of people who wanted Intruder already have Synapse's excellent region free Blu Ray. I think they'd struggle to sell 500 copies let alone 1000.
keirarts and Graeme73 like this.
Old 19th September 2015, 02:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

If 88 Films could get their hands on the INCREDIBLY STRANGE FILM SHOW episode which featured interviews with Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi, I wouldn't hesitate in picking up a new HD release of INTRUDER. That episode also features a lot of NIGHTCREW/INTRUDER behind - the - scenes material. I know it's available on the EVIL DEAD boxset from a few years back, but on the INTRUDER disc would be a more appropriate place for it. Just a thought.
keirarts and Boo Radley like this.
Old 19th September 2015, 02:50 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
But 90% of people who wanted Intruder already have Synapse's excellent region free Blu Ray. I think they'd struggle to sell 500 copies let alone 1000.
I imagine they would sell many copies just from HMV (online and instore) alone. If they have something exclusive to add to the package, there will be people (like me) who have the imported Synapse release he would be happy enough to double dip.
Old 19th September 2015, 03:03 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I imagine they would sell many copies just from HMV (online and instore) alone. If they have something exclusive to add to the package, there will be people (like me) who have the imported Synapse release he would be happy enough to double dip.
Also, and I say this as someone who really likes the latter, Intruder is probably a much better and more popular film than either Hellgate or Hell comes to Frogtown.
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th September 2015, 03:48 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Most of their sales come from people browsing HMV, and there are still lots of people who have never imported a dvd or blu-ray. Plus, if no other country ever brought out a disc just because another country has already released it, there would be a hell of a lot of people who'd miss out on films.
Sam, Rik, keirarts and 3 others like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!