Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree16549Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th September 2015, 01:50 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Perhaps it's in release limbo. The rights to the first film seeing as it is fairly notorious due to the ending, are perhaps too expensive for a smaller label to pick up.
It might have been in 1983, but in 2015, is the ending still such a surprise?
keirarts likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 25th September 2015, 02:16 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
It might have been in 1983, but in 2015, is the ending still such a surprise?
It should be as much a surprise as The Crying Game,, The Sixth Sense, The Usual Suspects or Citizen Kane!
keirarts likes this.
Old 25th September 2015, 02:50 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It should be as much a surprise as The Crying Game,, [a]The Sixth Sense, [b]The Usual Suspects or Citizen Kane!
With all due respect, I guessed what was going on in those films from a) the trailer and b) during the film

I knew the twist in 'The Crying Game', because someone I worked with blabbed! Was it a shock to me? Yes, I suppose it was, but that was back in 1992. It's now over 20 years later, and this kind of thing is passe

'Citizen Kane' - I was so bored by the end of the film, I really didn't care what it was all about!!
keirarts likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 25th September 2015, 03:10 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I would loooooooovvvveeee to see The Slayer on blu ray.
Likewise!
keirarts and Nordicdusk like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 25th September 2015, 04:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
When will someone just bloody well release The Church and The Sect, aggghh!
Code Red has the rights to them and Bill will call bootleg if anyone else tries to put them out!!!
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 25th September 2015, 05:02 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've just watched a preview version of The Life, Legacy and Legend of Don Borchers (the documentary which will be on the Children of the Corn set). It's a comprehensive look at the career (so far) of someone about whom I knew very little with some illuminating and occasionally very funny stories about films he had a hand in making in his various roles, whether it's as an accountant, producer or director. The contributions from people he worked with are very honest, so punches aren't pulled just because it's a documentary about him – Corey Feldman is very honest about Meatballs 4, for example.

Jim Kunz has done a really good job with directing and conducting the interviews (they were organised by by Calum Waddell, who conceived, developed and co-produced the documentary), and Naomi Holwill did her usual fantastic job with editing about 15 hours of footage down to make an 84 minute documentary. It's going to be a terrific addition to the set (even though the Children of the Corn part is only one segment) of a thorough look at a fantastic character and hugely influential producer.

Actually, if it was the feature length documentary about Don Borchers and Children of the Corn, it wouldn't be half as interesting or entertaining – the highlight for me was about another film altogether!
Old 25th September 2015, 05:21 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Code Red has the rights to them and Bill will call bootleg if anyone else tries to put them out!!!
88 have put out a couple of code red things already though! US rights aren't worldwide rights
Gold6082, keirarts and Boo Radley like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 25th September 2015, 05:23 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I've just watched a preview version of The Life, Legacy and Legend of Don Borchers (the documentary which will be on the Children of the Corn set). It's a comprehensive look at the career (so far) of someone about whom I knew very little with some illuminating and occasionally very funny stories about films he had a hand in making in his various roles, whether it's as an accountant, producer or director. The contributions from people he worked with are very honest, so punches aren't pulled just because it's a documentary about him – Corey Feldman is very honest about Meatballs 4, for example.

Jim Kunz has done a really good job with directing and conducting the interviews (they were organised by by Calum Waddell, who conceived, developed and co-produced the documentary), and Naomi Holwill did her usual fantastic job with editing about 15 hours of footage down to make an 84 minute documentary. It's going to be a terrific addition to the set (even though the Children of the Corn part is only one segment) of a thorough look at a fantastic character and hugely influential producer.

Actually, if it was the feature length documentary about Don Borchers and Children of the Corn, it wouldn't be half as interesting or entertaining – the highlight for me was about another film altogether!

Sounds good. Can't wait to see it on the blu-ray.
Old 25th September 2015, 08:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Bonus Announcement!!

Here are 4 more titles that will hopefully be on your shelves in early 2016.

Creepshow 2, Evilspeak (with a new Graham Humphreys sleeve), Flesh Eating Mothers and The Suckling.

Dates and details TBC

Evilspeak and Creepshow 2 shall be mine.
Old 26th September 2015, 11:46 PM
Cultist

How the hell does the "Redeem Rewards" thing work on the 88 Films site? I go to the Redeem Rewards section and it tells me I have no Rewards to Redeem but I do, I do has Rewards to Redeem. No reply to my polite e-mail enquiry yet after a few days.

Like this? Share it using the links below!