All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th December 2015, 08:08 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
A couple of years back i tried to post two books to England they tried to charge me €30. Not the same as a dvd/blu ray granted but €30
If you have anything to trade that I might like, I am happy to trade my ZFE2 with you.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 13th December 2015, 06:39 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Sorry people, just put on Zombi 3 and respectfully have to disagree about the quality. I don't think it's bad at all. When I hear people talking about awful Italian blu-ray transfers, I think of Arrow's initial Tenebrae release. This is nothing like that. But we're all entitled to our opinions, even if i'm right and you're wrong. I'm joking with that last sentence there!
Old 13th December 2015, 08:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've only had a quick flick through Zombi 3 and it looks fine to me too. Was the scan actually done in Italy or was it done elsewhere, because it's an alternative negative they used.
keirarts likes this.
Old 13th December 2015, 08:33 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
I've only had a quick flick through Zombi 3 and it looks fine to me too. Was the scan actually done in Italy or was it done elsewhere, because it's an alternative negative they used.

Not sure where it was done. As mentioned earlier about other transfers, I would agree about other films with the colours "popping". Doesn't really happen here, and some scenes look pretty soft, but I wouldn't say it looks bad.
Old 13th December 2015, 08:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Not sure where it was done. As mentioned earlier about other transfers, I would agree about other films with the colours "popping". Doesn't really happen here, and some scenes look pretty soft, but I wouldn't say it looks bad.
Couldn't the softness be inherent of eighties film stock and the shooting locations? A good example of softness and humid locations is Predator, it's always looked soft compared to more studio bound eighties films.

On the plus side Hitch Hike looks pretty good.
MacBlayne and keirarts like this.
Old 13th December 2015, 09:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Couldn't the softness be inherent of eighties film stock and the shooting locations? A good example of softness and humid locations is Predator, it's always looked soft compared to more studio bound eighties films.

On the commentary for Die Hard, John McTiernan complains about the film stock used for Predator - that it wasn't able to capture the clarity he was looking for.
Old 13th December 2015, 09:08 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

I was thinking that too.
Old 13th December 2015, 09:09 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The 88 Films Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
On the commentary for Die Hard, John McTiernan complains about the film stock used for Predator - that it wasn't able to capture the clarity he was looking for.

Predator was actually grainy as hell. He must've hated it. I bet he loved the dnr'd to hell Ultimate Hunter Edition blu-ray!

Last edited by Stephen@Cult Labs; 13th December 2015 at 09:10 PM. Reason: added info
Old 13th December 2015, 09:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Predator was actually grainy as hell. He must've hated it. I bet he loved the dnr'd to hell Ultimate Hunter Edition blu-ray!
One of the poorest video transfers ever. Some scenes it looks like Carl Weathers is melting and bubbling.
Old 13th December 2015, 09:33 PM
Cult Addict

Predator is a real unfortunate film in my opinion. In some ways it looks better on vhs.

Like this? Share it using the links below!