Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 21st February 2016 02:04 PM

From High Rising Productions FaceBook page:

"Tried to convince 88 to do special editions on Sleepaway Camp 2 and 3 but been told they will sell without any extras from cast and crew. Hope I am proven wrong but very concerned they are about to learn the hard way that they need to invest in better editions of their catalogue."

keirarts 21st February 2016 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 478792)
From High Rising Productions FaceBook page:

"Tried to convince 88 to do special editions on Sleepaway Camp 2 and 3 but been told they will sell without any extras from cast and crew. Hope I am proven wrong but very concerned they are about to learn the hard way that they need to invest in better editions of their catalogue."

Ouch. Both the shout factory releases are loaded. Shall be sticking with them.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st February 2016 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 478794)
Ouch. Both the shout factory releases are loaded. Shall be sticking with them.

Ditto.

Was already sliding towards the Shout releases anyway what with 88 not having the first one, but now I'll definitely be importing all three at some point.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st February 2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 478795)
Ditto.

Was already sliding towards the Shout releases anyway what with 88 not having the first one, but now I'll definitely be importing all three at some point.

I want to buy them to keep the run going and support British companies, but not having the extras is far from ideal. However, if I really want to listen to the commentaries, I have the Anchor Bay DVD set of the trilogy.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st February 2016 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 478797)
I want to buy them to keep the run going and support British companies, but not having the extras is far from ideal. However, if I really want to listen to the commentaries, I have the Anchor Bay DVD set of the trilogy.

I like to support British companies too (even more so at the moment with the state of physical media - and especially for niche boutique releases), but unfortunately my finances when it comes to home media expenditure are only finite and with a wish list as long as a giant squid's tentacle I can't afford to support lazy-ass releases when there is a comparably priced better alternative on the market.

I'm not one to bother about run/spine numbers myself either (even though I do arrange my Blus by distributor, I arrange alphabetically ignoring the numbers - sacrilege I know!), although for me the slasher collection run was ruined when they decided to include the Children of the Corn sequels. ;) I think if you start buying into a release because it's numbered and part of a collection, then the releases start to own you rather than you owning the releases.

I have them all up to the Children of the Corn Trilogy though and have Scalps on pre-order. I will also be picking up Drive-In Massacre and Prozzie when they fall to £8.99 at the usual haunts.

I'm also very much looking forward to finding out what their latest Italian and Slasher Collection acquisitions are - as long as they're not more Children of the Corn sequels!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st February 2016 02:47 PM

I know exactly what you mean. It's a bit like the line in Fight Club about the things you own starting to own you, and buying things for the sake of having them rather than the genuine need.

Like I said, I don't really need them as I already have the films on DVD, and not releasing the first film is disappointing but, as with others which have been released and some which will be released, I'm going to buy them anyway.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st February 2016 03:32 PM

Is Prozzie any good?

I've never seen it. I think the nearest i've ever come to it is picking up the VIPCO vhs in a shop once.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st February 2016 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 478806)
Is Prozzie any good?

I've never seen it. I think the nearest i've ever come to it is picking up the VIPCO vhs in a shop once.

As mentioned previously, I haven't seen it either so would also be interested to hear input from anyone here who has (whether good or bad). It sounds interesting from what little I've read about it though and I'm willing to take a £8.99 punt on an interesting sounding curio!

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st February 2016 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 478807)
As mentioned previously, I haven't seen it either so would also be interested to hear input from anyone here who has (whether good or bad). It sounds interesting from what little I've read about it though and I'm willing to take a £8.99 punt on an interesting sounding curio!

I'll see what you think of it first. You as in yourself and the other CL members. :nod:

Looking forward to Scalps though.

You're a glutton for punishment regarding Drive-in Massacre, B_E. :lol:

I presume you must like it (as i do) because it doesn't have an awful lot going for it really and i couldn't ever recommend it.

Mojo 21st February 2016 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 478806)
Is Prozzie any good?

I watched it years ago and didn't think it was very good. Mind you, having the Vipco stamp of quality over it probably didn't help. I'll give it another go, though.