LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th March 2016, 06:00 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

DVD only:

Quote:
#88FILMS_BUCKETLIST

Also known as AEROBICIDE, this heady mix of exercise and innards does exactly what it says on the tin, as a host of super-permed spandex-wearing sirens are stalked and sliced by a sicko with a thing for eighties hair-dos and Jane Fonda workout regimes! Made in 1987, just as the golden age of teen-kill flicks was coming to its conclusion, KILLER WORKOUT was helmed by B-movie maverick David A. Prior - whose CV also includes the action epic DEADLY PREY and Pamela Anderson's notorious trash totem RAW JUSTICE. Yet it is this splatter-tastic schlock-fest that continues to be a certified fan favourite - and, after watching this lovingly restored 88 Films presentation of a VHS staple, you will most certainly understand why! Touch your toes, raise your arms and get ready to sweat because KILLER WORKOUT is back to cut out a place in your movie-maniac loving heart as part of the Slasher Classics Collection!
Old 24th March 2016, 06:01 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Surprise Announcement #4 - For Q3 (DVD and Blu-ray)

‪#‎88FILMS_BUCKETLIST‬

Who says the late great Lucio Fulci had lost his way by the time the Italian horror boom had started to dry out? With 1987's eerie and icky AENIGMA the grand old man of gore shows that he still has guts - churning out a chilling story of telepathic terror in a Boston boarding school for girls. Cheekily taking its cues from Dario Argento's eccentric oddity PHENOMENA (1985), AENIGMA highlights a sinsiter snail attack, a deliciously bloody decapitation and all of the girls and gore that one might expect from a Fulci freakshow! Now remastered in HD, AENIGMA is finally ready to be appreciated as a sublime Italian splatter classic!
Old 24th March 2016, 07:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
88 Films seem to be doing a lot of Linnea Quigley movies

How long before we get the original 'Night Of The Demons' being released?

I'd actually like a blu-ray of Creepozoids
Old 24th March 2016, 08:00 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Bill's thrown his dummy out of the pram....

CODE RED DVD will no longer use the term BUCKETLIST. UK label 88films is playing dirty and currently stealing our terms. It a small world UK guys, we'll meet one day and I will let you know what I think of you. Refusing to help pay for any HD masters that I created. Real dirty.

Got several new bucketlist announcement. But 88 films killed it stealing my terms.
Old 24th March 2016, 08:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post

CODE RED DVD will no longer use the term BUCKETLIST. UK label 88films is playing dirty and currently stealing our terms. It a small world UK guys, we'll meet one day and I will let you know what I think of you. Refusing to help pay for any HD masters that I created. Real dirty.

Got several new bucketlist announcement. But 88 films killed it stealing my terms.
Old 24th March 2016, 08:11 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

I imagine the guys at 88 Films are laughing their arses off that this response.
Steel76 and keirarts like this.
Old 24th March 2016, 08:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:

It seems an odd thing for Bill to be squabbling about since the term 'bucket list' doesn't really make a great deal of sense to me in the context of blu ray releases ... unless seeing a film in HD is high on a lot of people's 'bucket lists'!! I can see why 88 have done it though and it seems to have provoked the desired response

Anyway, some great announcements today, especially 'Aenigma', which, along with 'Murder Rock' is one of Fulci's better late-period efforts in my opinion. I wish 'Killer Workout' was a blu ray release though...
keirarts likes this.
Old 24th March 2016, 08:19 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I imagine the guys at 88 Films are laughing their arses off that this response.

I did lke someone's response, asking Bill if Morgan Freeman & Jack Nicholson knew he stole their word.
Old 24th March 2016, 08:25 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
It seems an odd thing for Bill to be squabbling about since the term 'bucket list' doesn't really make a great deal of sense to me in the context of blu ray releases ... unless seeing a film in HD is high on a lot of people's 'bucket lists'!! I can see why 88 have done it though and it seems to have provoked the desired response

Anyway, some great announcements today, especially 'Aenigma', which, along with 'Murder Rock' is one of Fulci's better late-period efforts in my opinion. I wish 'Killer Workout' was a blu ray release though...

I suppose they could put it on blu, like Slasher did in the US, but even though people were happy to have it put on a blu-ray when Slasher explained all that exists is a tape master, I could see most people coming down hard on 88 even if some were happy to have that version. They probably decided it's not worth the hassle they'd get.
Sam, keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 24th March 2016, 08:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

And he's name calling on Blu-ray.com

Quote:
UK's 88FILMS is stealing my terms BUCKETLIST.

Not only they contact my rights owners for UK rights, they NEVER offered or want to pay for the new HD masters I create.

stealing my terms in my announcement is not right.

two rich UK Ahole

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 24th March 2016 at 08:46 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!