All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16554Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2016, 11:50 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
The BBFC has been scissor happy with MAN FROM DEEP RIVER (1972), the forefather of the Italian cannibal film. We knew this when we took the, frankly, ballsy decision to pick this one up for the UK. This is partly why your friends here at 88 Films have invested in a mega edition of the movie that surely stands as one of the finest all round documents of the controversial Italian flesh-feasting genre. Whilst the BBFC has lopped away three sequences of real animal cruelty, we can offer a truly legendary meat munching edition nonetheless. First up is the 80 minute documentary ME ME LAI BITES BACK. Hailed by the lady herself and invited to play this year's Sitges Film Festival this is perhaps an even more in depth and concise look at the Italian cannibal cycle than EATEN ALIVE from our ZOMBI HOLOCAUST BD. A loving look at Me Me herself, this features extensive contributions from the actress as well as Eli Roth, Ruggero Deodato and more. In addition we have an exclusive and in depth chat with the iconic Mr. Umberto Lenzi, an extended on camera discussion of cannibal cinema with Eli Roth, director of the fabulous GREEN INFERNO and all round living legend, and a full length audio commentary by EATEN ALIVE director Calum Waddell. Plus a collector's booklet with a guide to every Italian cannibal flick ever. Those BBFC cuts may make your tummy turn but our edition of MAN FROM DEEP RIVER is sure to have you licking your lips.
Also there will be a slipcase, strictly limited to the first 250 Blu-ray orders directly from our website. Anyone who has already preordered will receive one.
https://88-films.myshopify.com/colle...-collection-12
keirarts likes this.
Old 11th April 2016, 12:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I have bought all of the Italian collection so far and like the 88 Films release of Anthropophagus i will be buying Man From deep River for the extras only. It is a nice slipcover but £20 is a bit much especially as the released is censored, If the release was uncut then my opinion would be different.
For a few quid more i can double dip and get both the 88 Films normal release and the uncut Raro release.
keirarts, Boo Radley and Graeme73 like this.
Old 11th April 2016, 12:17 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypedro View Post
I have bought all of the Italian collection so far and like the 88 Films release of Anthropophagus i will be buying Man From deep River for the extras only. It is a nice slipcover but £20 is a bit much especially as the released is censored, If the release was uncut then my opinion would be different.
For a few quid more i can double dip and get both the 88 Films normal release and the uncut Raro release.
There is alot of whining on 88 films facebook page
Old 11th April 2016, 12:18 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by michal View Post
Nothing new there then!
Old 11th April 2016, 12:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
It's Facebook, nothing new their.it I will be the usual keyboard warriors who woudnt have the courage to say what they have posted to someone's face
keirarts likes this.
Old 11th April 2016, 12:21 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Nothing new there then!
People have to understand that it is not 88 films fault that this film is cut they
should buy raro edition
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 11th April 2016, 12:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
People have to understand that it is not 88 films fault that this film is cut they
should buy raro edition
Not on Facebook in which peopel aren't knowing for common sense or logic
Old 11th April 2016, 06:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

People always moan on Facebook, I occasionaly moan on Facebook. 88 have done the best job they can, the animal scenes aren't integral to the plot or the story so it's no real biggie to me. Yes an uncut version would be good but I'm not desperate to see animals tortured. I've sat through Deep River Savages twice and it's still not a particulary film.

Creepshow 2 looks very good by the way.

Hey lady, thanks for the ride!
keirarts, nosferatu42 and Graeme73 like this.
Old 11th April 2016, 06:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm not fussed if the animal cruelty is cut. I'm looking forward to the release

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11th April 2016, 07:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Wouldn't it be great if they'd cut all the stock footage and scenes of padding as well?

Every cannibal film would only be about 20 mins long.

Like this? Share it using the links below!