Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th April 2016, 06:57 PM
Active Cultist

Think its Drive in massacre but i could be wrong.
keirarts and Boo Radley like this.
Old 15th April 2016, 07:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Friday announcement #1

DEMONS director Lamberto Bava continued to craft a few high profile plasma-spillers even after the golden age of Italian gore had passed. And 1992's BODY PUZZLE is a prime example of the maestro's macabre excellence - a giallo gem which is long overdue some serious reappraisal from fans of Euro-horror excess. In this mind-mangling mystery an attractive young widow (played by the prolific B-movie babe Joanna Pacula) becomes inadvertently caught up in a killer's sick scheme - with the mysterious murderer leaving lopped off limbs at her doorstep and taunting her from afar. Featuring a supporting cast that includes the ever-iconic Giovanni Lombardo Radice (CANNIBAL FEROX/ CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD) BODY PUZZLE would be Bava's giallo swansong and there is little doubting that the legendary filmmaker went out with a big bloody bang! Arguably even more twisted than A BLADE IN THE DARK, and with a plot barmier than his classic DEMONS, 88 Films is proud to present BODY PUZZLE uncut and in HD.

Attachment 177667
I wish i'd known about this before i imported the german Bluray recently.
I guess it will be the same transfer, which looks okay apart from a bit of scanner noise.
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th April 2016, 07:33 PM
Active Cultist

Not sure if this has been posted or not, sorry.... Taken from the 88 website/shop

The Man From Deep River

ITEM UPDATE:

This product includes a slipcase strictly limited to the first 250 orders!!
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th April 2016, 07:53 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
I wish i'd known about this before i imported the german Bluray recently.
I guess it will be the same transfer, which looks okay apart from a bit of scanner noise.
But Do you think that the transfer is better than blade in the dark?
Old 16th April 2016, 12:51 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by michal View Post
But Do you think that the transfer is better than blade in the dark?
It's not perfect, but it does look better than Blade in The Dark. It's not as murky and doesn't look quite as soft. But as i mentioned, it does have that scanner noise. It's not as bad as Arrow's first Tenebrae release, though.
Old 16th April 2016, 01:47 AM
Cult Addict

I just thought i'd have my say-

I hope everyone here realises we are in the midst of a golden age of U.k film releasing here, the work Arrow and 88 film's are doing is some fantastic shit here guys and gals, between them they're getting a lot of obscure interesting releases out there, many haven't ever seen any kind of release in the u.k.
I know many people will realise this anyway, so why bother saying it.

But for all the young un's shut up and realise you've never had it so good and probably never will again.

How many people here are replacing their dvd's/bootlegs with sparkly superior prints. O.k so the BBFC are always gonna be playing catch up, but so much previously sought after classic horror/trash/giallo wonders are slipping past them these days is really amazing if you stop and think about it for a second.

So balls to the 'oh my god theres a slight scratch on the print' tossers, take it while you can get it and just be glad you didn't have 10 + years of trying to see 'Clockwork Orange/Exorcist" etc.

This is a random post from nowhere, but i'm just stating the facts.

Kids these days don't know they we're born.
If you like a release buy it, if you don't like it, appreciate that it's still out there,
corrupting young minds and turning people on to the joys of cult cinema.

it's amazing that we're still only just starting to catch up on the last 30 + years of genre cinema, film's that have been available in other countries since they came out.

And Relax.

Oh and Arrow and 88 film's, send payment's to the usual place. (ahem)

( i wasn't having a go at anyone in particular by the way....but now you mention it there is this one dodgy looking geezer with a squinty eye and a slightly wonky leg)

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 16th April 2016, 09:14 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
and just be glad you didn't have 10 + years of trying to see 'Clockwork Orange/Exorcist" etc.
...and that too on something better than an umpteenth generation VHS cassette!
Old 16th April 2016, 09:19 AM
Active Cultist

People who is happy to buy severin copy of burial ground i love 88 films copy
but i am happy to double dip
Old 16th April 2016, 04:31 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme73 View Post
...and that too on something better than an umpteenth generation VHS cassette!
Where the colour usually faded in and out of the picture!

Never been so good guys and gals when it comes to pic quality for obscure faves!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th April 2016, 04:45 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I just thought i'd have my say-

I hope everyone here realises we are in the midst of a golden age of U.k film releasing here, the work Arrow and 88 film's are doing is some fantastic shit here guys and gals, between them they're getting a lot of obscure interesting releases out there, many haven't ever seen any kind of release in the u.k.
I know many people will realise this anyway, so why bother saying it.

But for all the young un's shut up and realise you've never had it so good and probably never will again.

How many people here are replacing their dvd's/bootlegs with sparkly superior prints. O.k so the BBFC are always gonna be playing catch up, but so much previously sought after classic horror/trash/giallo wonders are slipping past them these days is really amazing if you stop and think about it for a second.

So balls to the 'oh my god theres a slight scratch on the print' tossers, take it while you can get it and just be glad you didn't have 10 + years of trying to see 'Clockwork Orange/Exorcist" etc.

This is a random post from nowhere, but i'm just stating the facts.

Kids these days don't know they we're born.
If you like a release buy it, if you don't like it, appreciate that it's still out there,
corrupting young minds and turning people on to the joys of cult cinema.

it's amazing that we're still only just starting to catch up on the last 30 + years of genre cinema, film's that have been available in other countries since they came out.

And Relax.

Oh and Arrow and 88 film's, send payment's to the usual place. (ahem)

( i wasn't having a go at anyone in particular by the way....but now you mention it there is this one dodgy looking geezer with a squinty eye and a slightly wonky leg)
Great post, nos.

I always feel like this - - when i see anyone bitching (because that's what it is) about their blu-ray from Arrow/88/Raro/Blue Underground/Shout etc etc....delete as applicable, and the quality of the picture or any slight anomaly. Shit... they must have paid all of a tenner as well!

Like this? Share it using the links below!