Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16554Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th April 2016, 06:04 PM
Cult Addict

Can you remind me when Alien Terror is out, BE?
Old 19th April 2016, 06:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think Alien 2 is due June / July. They should be officially announcing Amuck soon I mean it was advertised in the Burial Ground booklet so it should be soon.
mr 420 likes this.
Old 19th April 2016, 08:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just received Burial Ground and although it was never one of my favourite Italian zombie films, I really got into the blu-ray far more than on previous dvd/vhs viewings.

I also found the extras to be really good on this release as well, especially the commentary track.

Can't really see any reason for me to double dip on this with the upcoming US release.

Next one to get will be Man from Deep River as I'm looking forward to the extras and don't give a stuff that the animal scenes are cut (if anything I actually wish the remaining animal scenes that have been left in were also cut out as well.
keirarts and Graeme73 like this.
Old 19th April 2016, 08:09 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
I think Alien 2 is due June / July. They should be officially announcing Amuck soon I mean it was advertised in the Burial Ground booklet so it should be soon.
Cheers, J. Much appreciated.
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:54 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

FRIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT #1

The legendary screen icon Pam Grier (COFFY) rounded off her classic era of Blaxploitation blockbusters with 1975's FRIDAY FOSTER. In this colourful classic from acclaimed B-movie director Arthur Marks (BONNIE'S KIDS/ DETROIT 9000), the ever-sexy Grier plays a magazine photographer who accidentally witnesses an assassination attempt. Stalked across town by a criminal cult, it is up to the genre's biggest star, and future JACKIE BROWN performer, to stay one step ahead of her antagonists. Also starring the great Carl Weathers (ROCKY/ ACTION JACKSON), Yaphet Kotto (LIVE AND LET DIE/ ALIEN) and chart sensation Eartha Kitt, FRIDAY FOSTER deserves a prominent placement in any collection of soul-cinema staples. Revisit FRIDAY FOSTER and remind yourself of why Grier retains her place as one of Hollywood's most feminine, and feminist, screen sirens!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461326033.098170.jpg
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:55 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Nice! Good to see 88 branching off into Blaxploitation territory, plus I'm liking the black cases too.
keirarts likes this.
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:56 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The 88 Films Thread

Not a fan of these new covers tbh. They look weird with the 88 Films logo up there on the front. I might be passing on a lot of their releases from now on (except the Italian & Slashers of course).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461326125.479789.jpg

Last edited by Stephen@Cult Labs; 22nd April 2016 at 12:27 PM. Reason: .
Old 22nd April 2016, 12:08 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Not liking these new covers at all tbh. They look awful with the 88 Films logo up there on the front. I'll be passing on a lot of their releases from now on. Just the Italian & Slashers for me now.

Attachment 177924
I agree it looks a little weird having the 88 logo up in the air on The Couch Trip as it covers some of the artwork - although it's not a film I'd buy anyway. It doesn't look too bad on Friday Foster, however they may decide to tidy it up or provide a non-logoed/ratings reverse cover for these.

I'm assuming that they're not sticking with black cases for Blaxploitation either with The Couch Trip having a black case. So it's red for Slasher, clear for Italian, blue for general horror and black for anything else by the looks of it...
keirarts likes this.
Old 22nd April 2016, 12:11 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The 88 Films Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I agree it looks a little weird having the 88 logo up in the air on The Couch Trip as it covers some of the artwork - although it's not a film I'd buy anyway. It doesn't look too bad on Friday Foster, however they may decide to tidy it up or provide a non-logoed/ratings reverse cover for these.

I'm assuming that they're not sticking with black cases for Blaxploitation either with The Couch Trip having a black case. So it's red for Slasher, clear for Italian, blue for general horror and black for anything else by the looks of it...

And Criterion style cases for the Asian collection.

Last edited by Stephen@Cult Labs; 22nd April 2016 at 12:28 PM. Reason: .
Old 22nd April 2016, 12:20 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
And Criterion style for the Asian collection. I think it's only covers with the logo up there (and black cases) for titles released by MGM, which is even more random and mind boggling.
I'd forgotten about those! Maybe the 88 boys found a few pallets of assorted cases that 'fell off the back of a lorry' and are taking full advantage.

I was thinking of buying some cheap black cases for my Odeon/Screenbound Blus (since they've started releasing in black cases now) but I might just swap the blue cases with 88's black ones instead as and when I pick the titles up.

Like this? Share it using the links below!