Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th May 2016, 05:47 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
It's the best of the lot. There can't be any doubt about that. Hell, they could choose The Perfume of the Lady in Black instead of Aenigma or Massacre also. Can't really understand the logic in choosing those two.
Fan base. the problem for 88 films may be if they dont reach there goal for buio omega people will have more interests in severin edition . well times will
show
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th May 2016, 06:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by michal View Post
Fan base. the problem for 88 films may be if they dont reach there goal for buio omega people will have more interests in severin edition . well times will
show
And rightfully so, because all the current masters of Buio omega are crappy. But hopefully they reach all the goals.
Old 15th May 2016, 10:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I shall kick in at the end of the month.

I think I might me the only person genuinely excited for Aenigma.
I am as well Although I've never seen it I'm always willing to give Fulci a go

Will probably wait until £20,000 before I chip in just so I have the security of at least 2 blus, because I don't mind paying £45 including shipping for two blus I'm helping to restore. Not a massive fan of flexible funding but it's a very clever gamble here that'll incentivise people to contribute rather than wait, and also having such a big basic bundle, £45, means it'll go a lot faster than smaller ones like £15-25
keirarts likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 15th May 2016, 10:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I'm bracing myself for when the re-master looks scuzzy. I remember the furore when Shriek show released beyond the darkness and there was a suggestion the materials were f****d. Then again they got good results from Burial ground.
That's been said a lot in the past about titles that have turned out quite nicely given the proper TLC by a competent label so I have confidence Like you said, Burial Grounds is a perfect example, and if they can resurrect that, even if it does look like it could still use a little improvement (colour correction), then they can resurrect any Italian title, and the more money they get, the better a job they can do and the more films they can restore

I actually hope they exceed £40,000 so we can see what other movies they'll offer up to restore
keirarts likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 15th May 2016, 10:39 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Being dvd only i won't be contributing but i will buy Absurd when it's released. I already have the other three films.

They'll still need people like me to buy them off the shelves so to speak.
Old 15th May 2016, 11:32 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Being dvd only i won't be contributing but i will buy Absurd when it's released. I already have the other three films.

They'll still need people like me to buy them off the shelves so to speak.
Reckon you'll ever upgrade Dem?
Old 16th May 2016, 10:19 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Reckon you'll ever upgrade Dem?
Not until i need to, ie - my dvd played gives up the ghost. However with all the firmware bollocks and needing to have your blu internet connected i just might not bother.
keirarts likes this.
Old 16th May 2016, 11:30 AM
Cult Veteran

As long as you have a new machine, it'll be up to date firmware wise to play all current discs, I can't imagine there will be many more updates. You don't need to be internet connected either, I recently replaced my player with a £40 Samsung model from Argos that doesn't have an internet connection

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 16th May 2016, 11:44 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Not until i need to, ie - my dvd played gives up the ghost. However with all the firmware bollocks and needing to have your blu internet connected i just might not bother.
I have had 4 players - a PS3 that I bought around 2008 (which updates automatically as long as you're connected to the network) one that I bought around 2010 (never been updated), and a two more I bought about 2013/2014 (never updated) and have never had an issue playing a disc on any of them - at least so far.

I don't bother with all the BD Live content though so that could also be a reason why I've never had to update.
Old 16th May 2016, 12:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I own an Oppo bdp-93 player.
And I haven't updated the player in years.
The only reason for the updates, was mostly for added features etc.
I never had any BD player connected to the internet.
There is no need for it, and those internet based BD-Live features, was only a "thing" in the early days, and isn't really used at all nowadays.
And cultlabels, never had any of those extras.

I know that LG and Samsung had some problems in the past, don't know about the newer ones. But the players I've owned, PS3, Sony and now Oppo, I've never had any problems with discs that was unplayable.

Though, in comparison, I had problems with some DVD's back in the day.

Can't believe that Blu-Ray is already 10 years old now
DVD was only 9 years old, when BD came out, and now THAT format is close to 20 years! Pretty close to the age of VHS when it finally died

Like this? Share it using the links below!