LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th June 2016, 07:44 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I did mention to someone that they'll still have to give Mr taxman a decent chunk of the money raised, only to be told they should've factored that into how much money they were asking for 🙄

At any rate, with still 12 hours to go, they need £1500 to push it over the 80K mark. I think they'll do it.
I know they will have to pay Indiegogo some fees, but I don't know about the tax percentage. Whatever happens, they'll need some help with all the packaging for the five titles in the campaign, the four Asian ones, the slasher classics, the Anthropophagous, Burial Ground, and Zombie Holocaust slipcase releases and Puppet Master BDs.
Old 13th June 2016, 10:50 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Don't mind at all. Plays the same both ways on my phone.
Crapatalk?
Old 13th June 2016, 11:01 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

There you go. Indiegogo campaign has finished...

£81,095!!

Mega.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13th June 2016, 11:07 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Wow, that's over double the intended amount.

Expect ultra extra loaded editions.

It's not like they can claim the additional funds can go towards other films as they were clearly going to be released anyway, unless 88 were just going to shut up shop following these four releases. Meaning i'm not entirely sure how they'll make it all value for money and not seem like they are pocketing £40k from the campaign.

I have to congratulate them on a fine campaign.
Old 13th June 2016, 02:00 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Wow, that's over double the intended amount.

Expect ultra extra loaded editions.

It's not like they can claim the additional funds can go towards other films as they were clearly going to be released anyway, unless 88 were just going to shut up shop following these four releases. Meaning i'm not entirely sure how they'll make it all value for money and not seem like they are pocketing £40k from the campaign.

I have to congratulate them on a fine campaign.
it has been an extraordinary success considering how many people doubted they would even raise £20,000.

If they don't put the money towards an extra disc or so of extra features on these releases, but do make some new supplementary material I hope they do use the funds for other upcoming titles such as the slasher classics, Short Night of the Glass Dolls, Seven Deaths in the Cat's Eye, and the Asia range (Hex, Five Element Ninjas, Black Magic, and House of Traps).
Old 13th June 2016, 02:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
it has been an extraordinary success considering how many people doubted they would even raise £20,000.

If they don't put the money towards an extra disc or so of extra features on these releases, but do make some new supplementary material I hope they do use the funds for other upcoming titles such as the slasher classics, Short Night of the Glass Dolls, Seven Deaths in the Cat's Eye, and the Asia range (Hex, Five Element Ninjas, Black Magic, and House of Traps).
Have these been announced already?

The reason i ask is because if they have then they clearly have the funds already for these releases otherwise they wouldn't be announced.
Old 13th June 2016, 02:05 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Have these been announced already?

The reason i ask is because if they have then they clearly have the funds already for these releases otherwise they wouldn't be announced.
They were all there on the Indiegogo campaign as separate perks with exclusive slipcases.
Old 13th June 2016, 02:38 PM
Cult Veteran

The whole point of this was that they had access to existing masters but they were crap quality, they were all already announced and available for pre-order on Amazon. So it stands to reason that they can apply any left over funds to another film, but...

Obviously due to the popularity of the campaign there is a lot of manufacturing costs, probably more than they anticipated so that's going to take a chunk of it and they're remastering 5 films already, and Anthro apparently is coming with 'all new extras'. There will also be the fees and taxes to consider, £80 grand is a lot of money and it may have pushed them into a higher tax bracket.

I don't think there would be enough money to do another film but rather concentrate on making 5 films looks the very best that they can look and hopefully have at least a few talking heads interviews on each disc, I can't imagine any feature length documentaries.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th June 2016, 02:50 PM
Cult Veteran

And as if my magic, on Facebook

88 Films
Just now

This is just a quick note to say how amazing the Crowdfund has been and to thank everyone who contributed. We will endeavour to deliver you all 5 very good looking releases, all with newly created bonus features which we will be hopping over to Italy to shoot shortly.

In fact as soon as we hit the first goal we initiated the scan of Absurd so we hope to be able to load up a few clips at some point in the next few weeks.
For those of you who have purchased top-up perks that include existing stock, we will ship these out to you as soon as we have the money and information from Indiegogo (should be about 14 days.) The majority of the other perks will ship when the first 2 remasters are ready. We will then ship the remaining 3 to you in a package when they are all ready.

If you have any questions relating to the CF please can you keep them in the comments on this particular post as we can easily miss them scrolling up and down through previous posts and neither of us are really Facebook users personally so we're not on it all day.

So anyway, thanks again and hopefully we can do this again sometime!

Rich and James

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th June 2016, 03:50 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
And as if my magic, on Facebook

88 Films
Just now

This is just a quick note to say how amazing the Crowdfund has been and to thank everyone who contributed. We will endeavour to deliver you all 5 very good looking releases, all with newly created bonus features which we will be hopping over to Italy to shoot shortly.

In fact as soon as we hit the first goal we initiated the scan of Absurd so we hope to be able to load up a few clips at some point in the next few weeks.
For those of you who have purchased top-up perks that include existing stock, we will ship these out to you as soon as we have the money and information from Indiegogo (should be about 14 days.) The majority of the other perks will ship when the first 2 remasters are ready. We will then ship the remaining 3 to you in a package when they are all ready.

If you have any questions relating to the CF please can you keep them in the comments on this particular post as we can easily miss them scrolling up and down through previous posts and neither of us are really Facebook users personally so we're not on it all day.

So anyway, thanks again and hopefully we can do this again sometime!

Rich and James
That's awesome news.
Justin101 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!