All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th June 2016, 07:01 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Good stuff! Really looking forward to Absurd and MIDV.

A nice holiday for the 88 boys to Italy to shoot some interesting extras!

The rest of you all get a nice holiday on me to Irvine to shoot Stephen.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Last edited by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs; 13th June 2016 at 07:39 PM.
Old 14th June 2016, 05:09 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

No retaliation Stephen?

You must be getting old!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 14th June 2016, 06:47 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Old 14th June 2016, 06:51 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Basically to all those who are complaining about a second or two cuts you've made your bed (ie paid your money) now lie in it.
Old 14th June 2016, 07:02 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Basically to all those who are complaining about a second or two cuts you've made your bed (ie paid your money) now lie in it.
Indeed, although it was advertised as being 'uncut' in the Indiegogo description and therefore potentially miss-sold. However, there was and is no way for 88 to know whether it will pass uncut and for all intents and purposes they will be submitting an uncut master to the BBFC. However, the cock-fight was brought up way in advance of the campaign ending so people had their chance to retract their pledge if they so wished based on that. Whilst I'd love for it to get through the BBFC's claws unscathed, I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over a few seconds of roosters attacking each other.

More of a personal point, but I really think UK distributors should stop bothering to try and release cannibal films as they are pretty much guaranteed to be cut and it can't help their sales. I doubt whether many of them recoup their initial investment anyway.

As for the above, 88's Facebook page is currently a pit of vitriol and entitlement. It just shows how spoiled some people are and makes me glad that I'm not compelled to be part of the social media soapbox crowd.
Old 14th June 2016, 07:24 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Indeed, although it was advertised as being 'uncut' in the Indiegogo description and therefore potentially miss-sold. However, there was and is no way for 88 to know whether it will pass uncut and for all intents and purposes they will be submitting an uncut master to the BBFC. However, the cock-fight was brought up way in advance of the campaign ending so people had their chance to retract their pledge if they so wished based on that. Whilst I'd love for it to get through the BBFC's claws unscathed, I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over a few seconds of roosters attacking each other.

More of a personal point, but I really think UK distributors should stop bothering to try and release cannibal films as they are pretty much guaranteed to be cut and it can't help their sales. I doubt whether many of them recoup their initial investment anyway.

As for the above, 88's Facebook page is currently a pit of vitriol and entitlement. It just shows how spoiled some people are and makes me glad that I'm not compelled to be part of the social media soapbox crowd.
I haven't started yet either. Imagine how i'll feel when i look at Absurd's run time and find it's several seconds longer than before. I'll be expecting a little more bloodshed but it'll be all your frickin' names running up the end credits.
Old 14th June 2016, 07:31 PM
Cult Veteran

I get the feeling that it wasn't re-submitted but the Freemantle Media/Fabulous Frights version of The Serpent and the Rainbow Bluray features the cock fight which has been cut out on DVD releases. Whether it was a mistake or an oversight or because it's in a wide shot that it was let through.

I'm not bothered either way, The Man from Deep River isn't affected by the edits, Cannibal Holocaust isn't affected by the edits either. It's not like it's important to the 'well developed story'
Graeme73 likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 14th June 2016, 07:49 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post

They will on Massacre because it's all been paid for beforehand.
Old 14th June 2016, 07:59 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Seems like all posts from today have been removed unless you need to be a Facebook member to see them.
Old 14th June 2016, 08:01 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
They will on Massacre because it's all been paid for beforehand.
Possibly, although they still have to manufacture the discs, encode them, produce the artwork and now they're apparently doing some special features too. There are also the BBFC fees to take into account on top of the licensing and remastering costs. They're relying on sales from the high-street and e-shops too from non-pledging customers to turn a profit on these.

Like this? Share it using the links below!