Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th June 2016, 08:02 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Possibly, although they still have to manufacture the discs, encode them, produce the artwork and now they're apparently doing some special features too. There are also the BBFC fees to take into account on top of the licensing and remastering costs. They're relying on sales from the high-street and e-shops too from non-pledging customers to turn a profit on these.
I doubt it. Not with £80k in the bank. The initial £40,000 would have brought them pretty close i'd think.
Old 14th June 2016, 08:05 PM
Active Cultist

88 films will be not happy if it will not pass uncut because lots of people may want there money back
Old 14th June 2016, 08:08 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I doubt it. Not with £80k in the bank. The initial £40,000 would have brought them pretty close i'd think.
The 80K is going towards 5 films + extras though.

However, that said, there's no doubt that this has been a very successful campaign (at least monetary wise) for 88.
Old 14th June 2016, 08:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
They will on Massacre because it's all been paid for beforehand.
Personally, I'm not bothered if it's slightly cut, especially if it's to remove a cock fight but a small asterix and a note saying 'subject to BBFC approval' would have taken care of this issue. It would be a shame if this was to overshadow what has otherwise been a really good campaign.
Old 14th June 2016, 10:38 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Yeah, it's a real shame. The "Is it uncut? I WANT MY COCKFIGHT DAMMIT" crowd are incredibly vocal and will shout the loudest
Old 14th June 2016, 10:47 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Is it uncut? I WANT MY COCKFIGHT DAMMIT
I thought better of you, Paul.

Old 14th June 2016, 11:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

Are there really any members here that think that a couple of seconds of a cockfight will make MIDV any better... can't make it any worse

If we were talking the more important Ferox or Holocaust I could understand the indignation, but it's pretty dire if I'm honest (no sale here needless to say, have it on a 2 decade+ old VHS with no need for an upgrade) if you threw the thing at a film cannibal... they would throw it back instantly

(pretty sure 88 will come up with some alternate for the pre-funding customers if it does get the snip, but really guys it doesn't really matter, trust me)
Old 15th June 2016, 07:04 AM
Cult Veteran

They've already said that they are at the mercy of the censor and they won't replace MIDV if it gets a few snips. They replied to someone directly on a Facebook comment who asked that very question.

I wouldn't mind but most of those vocalising on FB are British and should know exactly what the situation is in the UK regarding these films.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 15th June 2016, 09:20 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default The 88 Films Thread

The question "is it cut" must be theeeee most frequently asked question on any of the cult film distributors Facebook pages/Twitter pages/email inboxes... It really must get boring. The number of people demanding 88 to detail where all the money is going is getting boring now too. Would they be asking the same question had the campaign only made it to thirty or forty grand?

You wouldn't buy a regular edition of a film on its release and then a month later, when it's sold sixty thousand copies and made it to number one in the charts, get in touch with the label and say "Oi! Look how much money you've made out of this!! I now feel ripped off and want more bang for my buck!"

A lot of these people seem to feel that them "pledging" or "investing" in an indiegogo is somehow worth more than then simply "purchasing", but that's all it really is. If they were to blindly send money to a company with no guarantee of their return, they may have a point. But with indiegogo you pick a perk and basically just buy what that perk includes. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm well chuffed that 88 have given me a freebie of Anthro, cause as I've said before, they really didn't have to.

If you're reading this post 88, then many thanks from me! *kisses* ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15th June 2016, 09:32 AM
Cult Veteran

I agree 100% with the above, the £45 was for 4 BDs and now we are getting 5, the other perks were all value for money as well, you basically got what you paid for, apart from the £5000 someone chipped in at the end, but if you were to donate that much you can afford it.

More money just means more people ordered the discs which means they have to make more and post more out. That's where the money is going

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!