LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st November 2014, 01:42 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
That's your problem right there.

Actually you'd be surprised how football gives you a pretty good knowledge of places and countries. (Clearly not flags though )

Old 21st November 2014, 01:47 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default 88 Films Upcoming releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Films View Post
Obviously we don't want to go 'yellow' - our valued friends at Shameless do that colour very well! But other suggestions are appreciated - Troma has been green, Full Moon was very Blu and Slasher Classics is red. We need to stress that 88 Italian is not just giallo though! We have two zombie shockers to begin with followed by a pair of giallo thrillers and one ex-nasty! (We'll confirm these in due time!)

We are discussing our crowd funder this morning as we finally got a figure from the Italian licensor for the new Zombi Holocaust transfer - so stay tuned and please show your support!

Curious why you went with the thinner cases for the Slasher Collection. I'm happy you did though, I've never really been a fan of the thicker ones (us and the Australians just had to be different than everyone else lol).
profondo rosso and zane like this.
Old 21st November 2014, 03:13 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Obviously we don't want to go 'yellow' - our valued friends at Shameless do that colour very well! But other suggestions are appreciated - Troma has been green, Full Moon was very Blu and Slasher Classics is red. We need to stress that 88 Italian is not just giallo though! We have two zombie shockers to begin with followed by a pair of giallo thrillers and one ex-nasty! (We'll confirm these in due time!)

We are discussing our crowd funder this morning as we finally got a figure from the Italian licensor for the new Zombi Holocaust transfer - so stay tuned and please show your support!
I know it's quite boring but, in terms of sport, Italy normally plays in blue jerseys/shirts, or sometimes white (the other, in their flag, with red and green already taken), so what about one of those?
Old 21st November 2014, 03:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It's a shame that High Rising's giallo feature is exclusive to Synapse's Tenebrae release, now that 88 Films is releasing a couple of giallo it would have been perfect. I'd much rather have seen that than Scream Queens. Like a few in the UK, I'm not about to shell out for another Tenebrae release on BD, especially when the previous was so great.
Sam likes this.
Old 22nd November 2014, 09:17 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Right now we have three new titles lined up for the 88 Italian line with two great giallos and an ex-nasty!
If I am not mistaken there are no English subtitles on your releases. Tell me please, what are you going to do with these upcoming Italian movies, especially giallos? Only English dubs or English dubs and Italian audio with English subtitles?
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 22nd November 2014, 12:18 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
If I am not mistaken there are no English subtitles on your releases. Tell me please, what are you going to do with these upcoming Italian movies, especially giallos? Only English dubs or English dubs and Italian audio with English subtitles?
Often the reason there only English dubs on Italian releases is down to the contract from the licensor I am afraid. That part is out of most label's control.

Evil comes in all sizes!
www.88films.co.uk
Old 22nd November 2014, 12:26 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Often the reason there only English dubs on Italian releases is down to the contract from the licensor I am afraid. That part is out of most label's control.
Subs and Italian soundtracks don't seem to be an issue for Arrow, Blue Underground, Raro, Shameless, Mondo Macabro, Synapse etc so i'm sure you'll have no problems getting them.
sjconstable likes this.
Old 22nd November 2014, 12:46 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Subs and Italian soundtracks don't seem to be an issue for Arrow, Blue Underground, Raro, Shameless, Mondo Macabro, Synapse etc so i'm sure you'll have no problems getting them.

Perhaps the titles, whatever they might be, have Italian tracks, but need to have subtitles translated, which all costs money. Or perhaps the owners will only supply a version with a dubbed English track. You never know. We just have to wait and see. There have been releases from other companies released with only dubbed soundtracks. The new movie only editions of Demons from Synapse comes to mind.
Old 22nd November 2014, 01:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Most include Italian audio nowadays, and that's how I watch Italian films.
Old 22nd November 2014, 01:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
There have been releases from other companies released with only dubbed soundtracks. The new movie only editions of Demons from Synapse comes to mind.
That's just to make the limited editions seem more worth it, a better example would be Arrow contractually unable to include Italian audio for Sleepless.

Like this? Share it using the links below!