Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th January 2017 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 517921)
What are the visuals like for the new discs, are these major upgrades?

I've never owned Massacre on DVD so can't comment on how much of an upgrade it is but it looks stunning... perhaps more stunning than it deserves to be! ;)

Absurd is a massive improvement on the MYA disc and also looks fantastic. I watched Aenigma last night, and whilst I thought it was less of an upgrade over my DVD copy (I have the Italian Raro release though, who at the time could generally be considered amongst the gold standard companies for pic quality anyway) it was still a marked improvement.

I haven't watched Buio Omega yet as I'm saving the 'best for last'... hopefully tonight. :nod:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st January 2017 06:00 PM

Coming in May:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....bL._SY300_.jpg

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st January 2017 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 517924)
I haven't watched Buio Omega yet as I'm saving the 'best for last'... hopefully tonight. :nod:

Another superb transfer and not only a significant upgrade over past DVD releases but also the Shriek Show Blu too. :nod:

Overall I'm very pleased with these Indiegogo releases. I hope we see some similar campaigns in the future as I'd rather pay in advance to see films such as this get comparable treatment rather than an off-the-shelf master that whilst may still be an upgrade on past versions isn't as good as it could be.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st January 2017 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 518227)
Overall I'm very pleased with these Indiegogo releases. I hope we see some similar campaigns in the future as I'd rather pay in advance to see films such as this get comparable treatment rather than an off-the-shelf master that whilst may still be an upgrade on past versions isn't as good as it could be.

I'm also more than happy with the way the films look and sound and the supplementary material. Perhaps crowdfunding is the way to go when restorations are so expensive and generally difficult in a financially uncertain climate where risk is no one's friend.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st January 2017 06:16 PM

I don't have any photos at present they're on my phone, but not on the computer but I received Intruder, Prison and Vampire Journals today.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st January 2017 07:51 PM

The 88 Films Thread
 
1 Attachment(s)
Watching Massacre In Dinosaur valley, and noticed that there's still part of the cockfight in the film. I watched the uncut scene on youtube and what they cut was basically the same as what they left in (2 birds flapping their wings a lot and jumping around). Really stupid that they removed any of it then tbh.

Oh yeah, And I watched the interview with Calum on this and Seeding Of A Ghost. Both pretty good.

Attachment 186050

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st January 2017 07:59 PM

4 Attachment(s)
It's not exactly strong stuff is it? At the end of the fight the birds just stare at each other then one is declared a winner. :lol:

I'm betting it was staged for the film as the birds aren't wearing spiked leg attachments.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st January 2017 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 518244)
It's not exactly strong stuff is it? At the end of the fight the birds just stare at each other then one is declared a winner. :lol:



I'm betting it was staged for the film as the birds aren't wearing spiked leg attachments.



Yeah, unfortunately they needed to cut it, but you're right, there was nothing to It. I was just talking to Calum there after seeing it and saying the same thing. If it wasn't for that law, the BBFC wouldn't bat an eyelid to it. Just seems strange that they left that last part in .

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st January 2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 518247)
Yeah, unfortunately they needed to cut it, but you're right, there was nothing to It. I was just talking to Calum there after seeing it and saying the same thing. If it wasn't for that law, the BBFC wouldn't bat an eyelid to it. Just seems strange that they left that last part in .

Not having it in totally ruins the film though.

I'm stunned 88 bothered to release it with the footage missing. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st January 2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 518249)
Not having it in totally ruins the film though.



I'm stunned 88 bothered to release it with the footage missing. :rolleyes:



:lol:



I was annoyed to begin with, as I try to avoid buying censored films, but I calmed down after a while. [emoji23]


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.