Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st February 2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 522111)
Well put, Rob. All I can say is that I know I can live with a jump cut or two if it means that I don't have to see the local wildlife getting butchered.

I'm the same.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st February 2017 04:22 PM

No sale now i'm afraid. Sorry 88.

Mojo 21st February 2017 04:42 PM

If 88 release it with this slight cut, I'll still buy it, to complete my Italian Collection. However they are running the risk of lost sales ( the film looks a bit shit anyway! ). Alternatively, if they want to pull it and replace it with a different ( uncut ) movie, then better still.

J Harker 21st February 2017 04:58 PM

Based on that clip the film looks ridiculous anyway. Are a few seconds of stabbing a furry pig really going to matter?

gag 21st February 2017 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 522108)
My thoughts exactly, Nos. I find it really hard to understand the whole "I want my animal cruelty left in" arguement. I guess that there are a lot of cold-hearted sickos (to be polite) out there.

We all have different opinions of what we agree and disagree on ..
This is just me ....does it really make that much of a difference to a film if less than 10 secs are trimmed of animal cruelty .. As long as nothing else is trimmed \ cut then to me I myself don't see such a problem ..

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st February 2017 06:21 PM

It has nothing to do with animal cruelty to me. I dont buy films that have been cut. Be it 1 second for a headbutt, or 1 minute for a cockfight, I won't willingly give any company money if I can get something uncensored elsewhere that our moral guardians have cut.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st February 2017 06:23 PM

Oh dear. A bit of commercial suicide from 88 there.

The 'uncut' people will give it a wide berth now and the rest of us who haven't seen the film before now know how shit it appears so won't bother with it anyway. :peep:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st February 2017 06:25 PM

Have you seen it?

mr 420 21st February 2017 06:35 PM

The best thing that I remember about Ironmaster was the fantastic Conanesque pre-cert cover on the Medusa label.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st February 2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 522135)
The best thing that I remember about Ironmaster was the fantastic Conanesque pre-cert cover on the Medusa label.

And if all goes to plan, the reverse art will have the uncensored version of that (pretty ironic [emoji23]).