Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st February 2017, 09:32 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Just to clarify this comment is in no way intended as a criticism of others decisions on whether to but this release or not.
Neither was my comment.

I couldn't care less what people buy. We all like different films, i like loads of movies others on here would say are garbage.

If we can't comment on the impression the clip gives us individually then there's no point even reading the thread or watching the clip.
keirarts likes this.
Old 21st February 2017, 09:43 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Out of interest. What do people make of this film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Suckling / Sewage Baby (1990)

A mutant baby escapes into the sewers after an abortion at a low rent Brooklyn brothel.

A seriously shit horror film with some of the worst acting i can recall...

...but, but but... it does have a certain charm to it all. Not once was i bored and i found the mutant fetus monster a lot of fun. Reminiscent of early Frank Henenlotter, The Suckling is a disjointed mess, but an enjoyable mutated one at that.

The first twenty minutes actually seemed like deleted scenes thrown together from another movie altogether but it eventually settled down to a slightly disorientating slasher crossed with monster in the closet horror movie which even has a lengthy and bizarre S&M scene. Silly and even a little disturbing, The Suckling is a movie every horror fan should watch once.
So those were my thoughts, posted last weekend. Is it a fave of folks, a so bad it's good film?

I'm interested to find out.
keirarts likes this.
Old 21st February 2017, 10:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

So those were my thoughts, posted last weekend. Is it a fave of folks, a so bad it's good film?

No, its just so bad its awful, that bad I couldn't be bothered to score it, one of the worst films I've seen in some time.
Graeme73 likes this.
Old 21st February 2017, 10:19 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:

One I've never seen I'm afraid.

Last edited by J Harker; 21st February 2017 at 10:35 PM.
Old 21st February 2017, 11:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

I have no interest in animal cruelty. It adds nothing to plot or entertainment. I am vehemently against cutting films for sex, violence, drugs all that sort of stuff, but I honestly believe there is no way animals violence can add to a film, and if it actually does in a rare case, the BBFC usually lets it through (Apocalypse Now's final moments wouldn't be as potent if the machete coming down on the buffalo was absent)

However I do understand the attitude towards revisionism, I've always felt it quite unfair the way fans punish a small independent label over the choice of the censors. It almost makes me want to go pick up all their previous animal cut titles like Man from Deep River if them being cut becomes such a dire situation for sales.

What other 88 Films Italian/Slasher releases are BBFC cut?

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 22nd February 2017, 05:00 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
He has got a strange penis!
fuzzymctiger and nosferatu42 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 22nd February 2017, 05:04 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
I have no interest in animal cruelty. It adds nothing to plot or entertainment. I am vehemently against cutting films for sex, violence, drugs all that sort of stuff, but I honestly believe there is no way animals violence can add to a film, and if it actually does in a rare case, the BBFC usually lets it through (Apocalypse Now's final moments wouldn't be as potent if the machete coming down on the buffalo was absent)

However I do understand the attitude towards revisionism, I've always felt it quite unfair the way fans punish a small independent label over the choice of the censors. It almost makes me want to go pick up all their previous animal cut titles like Man from Deep River if them being cut becomes such a dire situation for sales.

What other 88 Films Italian/Slasher releases are BBFC cut?
Man from Deep River did fairly well actually but it was a stacked edition. I have read some oddball stuff on BluRay.com that the 88 Asia line has not sold well too which s not true - Hex did better than expected, only Black Magic has underperformed.

As for the animal cruelty debate - I live somewhere where I don't have access to clean drinking water. If all you have to debate is the essential need to see a tortured pig then, hey, good luck to you.
Old 22nd February 2017, 05:14 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
As for the animal cruelty debate - I live somewhere where I don't have access to clean drinking water. If all you have to debate is the essential need to see a tortured pig then, hey, good luck to you.
With all due respect sir, the post on FB made by 88Films specifically asked what people think about this issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
So the BBFC want us to remove a few seconds from Umberto Lenzi's Ironmaster for animal cruelty

What do you think we should do? Pull the release? Release it anyway as now you've seen the scene it doesn't matter so much?

Thought please guys?

Old 22nd February 2017, 05:33 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
With all due respect sir, the post on FB made by 88Films specifically asked what people think about this issue
Hence I am giving an opinion.
Old 22nd February 2017, 05:41 AM
Cult Master

But you seem to be passing a comment on the quality of drinking water rather than stating what you think about a film that features genuine animal killing!

Like this? Share it using the links below!